Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 24, 2017

Six years after the events of Resident Evil 6, newcomer Ethan receives a message from his presumed dead wife to reunite with her at the residence of the reclusive Baker family. The game features a first-person view and a return to traditional Survival Horror mechanics.

Resident evil 7 cloud

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

So will having cloud based games on switch be any good? Is RE 7 a good case due to pacing etc ?

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not behind this at all. Either port the game or don't, but holding it hostage behind the online service is just scummy practice, especially if you only get to keep it for a limited time.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might pay a small subscription stipend for the courtesy of streaming Monster Hunter World on my switch. Now only to get my switch onto my work wi-fi...

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shindig

JUST GIVE ME THE OLD SHIT! I can't possibly imagine Nintendo cracking the cloud.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a really bad sign in regards to the power of the console.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

There are plenty of games you can do with the power of the Switch. They have ported Doom and Skyrim and made Zelda. Why does RE7 have to use the cloud? It might look better but it will be laggy most likely.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The whole point of having the Switch is so you can take your games anywhere - not just where you have strong enough Wi-Fi. I don't get this and it likely will have response/input lag issues and Capcom won't give a fuck, just blame your internet connection. Not cool with this.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@dagas: Doom is running below the lowest of the low setting and still has FPS issues and uses variable resolution. Skyrim is how many years old at this point and also uses custom settings below the lowest as well as having entire effects removed. Zelda suffers from FPS issues (less so with patches but still noticeable) and the graphics are extremely simplistic and rely on style over pure power. On top of that, they all have to be made with docked or undocked in mind; those custom assets then have to be made to work on two potential systems, which are very weak and very weaker.

Simply put, Capcom doesn't have the time, money, talent or some mixture of all three to properly port RE7 to the Switch. None of those games you mentioned exist on the Switch without significant compromises (not even BotW; look at some emulator footage if you want to see how much better that game could look) and the Switch certainly wouldn't run RE7 just by turning some knobs down.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagas: Doom is running below the lowest of the low setting and still has FPS issues and uses variable resolution. Skyrim is how many years old at this point and also uses custom settings below the lowest as well as having entire effects removed. Zelda suffers from FPS issues (less so with patches but still noticeable) and the graphics are extremely simplistic and rely on style over pure power. On top of that, they all have to be made with docked or undocked in mind; those custom assets then have to be made to work on two potential systems, which are very weak and very weaker.

Simply put, Capcom doesn't have the time, money, talent or some mixture of all three to properly port RE7 to the Switch. None of those games you mentioned exist on the Switch without significant compromises (not even BotW; look at some emulator footage if you want to see how much better that game could look) and the Switch certainly wouldn't run RE7 just by turning some knobs down.

Thats the thing. It shows that its in the very least not super simple to to do it and that means it costs money and even with the switch selling well third party is always a questionable investment with nintendo especially when it gets more expensive.

It doesn't mean doom for the switch but its a bad sign as an all in one thing and you are gonna have the "this would be great on switch" crew even more frustrated

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.