Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 7 biohazard

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 24, 2017

Six years after the events of Resident Evil 6, newcomer Ethan receives a message from his presumed dead wife to reunite with her at the residence of the reclusive Baker family. The game features a first-person view and a return to traditional Survival Horror mechanics.

VR support on PC?

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was wondering if anyone saw any follow up about VR compatibility on PC? On steam it doesn't list any VR options on the game page but I imagine the PC version has to also have the option to play in VR mode if it's on PSVR! Right? Don't make me buy two VR headsets by being "VR exclusive" to PSVR!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This exclusive crap is annoying it only hurts VR in general if this game is not supported officially there's always Vorpx.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fairly certain that the VR mode for the game is PSVR only.

I think that what Oculus is doing with it's store and locking games to its hardware is far more egregious than something like this.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Quipido

I know this is an older post, but I am wondering - seeing now how the PSVR actually works, will this game be a giant clusterfuck in VR mode? I mean, with the poor tracking and the game not being built in the same way as other VR first person titles, I can see this being somewhat unplayable...? Correct me if I'm wrong, RE7 uses standart movement, not teleporting around, which is a big no-no for a reason..?

And yeah, the exclusivity sucks for sure, if they won't open the game up for other headsets later, at least.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OurSin_360

If they want vr to succeed they should put this on all headsets that can handle it. Its real dumb to have exclusives when you dont have that many headsets in the wild imo.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: I played the demo in VR earlier tonight with almost every "comfort" option turned off and standing, and it played extremely well. I seem to have a high tolerance for VR sickness, though, so I may be in the minority on that.

The only issue I had was with button prompts. Seems like you have to look slightly above some items in specific ways to trigger the prompt. Tracking was rock solid. All in all, it's excellent.

Weird that it's a PSVR exclusive... I bet it would be incredible with roomscale.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: What options did you turn off? Is there an option to alter the way the camera looks when you move it with the camera? The fact that the camera just flicks into position in VR is off putting to me....yes I know it's to prevent sickness but I'd like to at least have a different way

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: I can't recall all of them, as it's a surprisingly extensive list, but the way I had it got rid of flicky-look entirely. Smoother than Rob Thomas and Carlos Santana combined.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge:oh awesome, I haven't realised the doemo supported VR, now I an super curious how this whole thing will turn up!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido: Yeah, I still don't know much of anything about what the full game will actually be (and I'm keeping it that way on purpose), but I'm really excited by how immersive the demo is.

I do have one issue, though, that might be an annoyance in the full game: The height of doorways. I'm tall, and at default settings, the floor cuts me off at the knees. I can fix it by occasionally putting the controller on the floor and recalibrating, but then I have to either duck through every door or deal with the "you're clipping through an object" fade to black every time. Plus, other characters look comically short when I recalibrate.

Heh, what a wild issue to have... god, I love VR. "I keep banging my head on the doorframes in Resident Evil".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.