Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 24, 2015

Revelations 2 sees the return of Claire Redfield, who along with the daughter of Barry Burton, Moira Burton, must try to escape from a monster-infested island. Meanwhile, Barry Burton himself makes his belated return as well in his attempts to save his daughter with the assistance of a little girl called Natalia Korda.

Opening Cinematic released. Also, spoilers and all that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Has a funny little fake advertisement for Terra Save in there, with all kinds of faux-smiles and the like. Weirdly enough it's being narrated by Barry Burton, or at least his voice actor in any case. What's also interesting is that as I predicted it seems Moira isn't quite on the best of terms with her dad, even going so far as to call him Barry. That'll likely be the reason why she perhaps doesn't like using firearms, what with Papa Burton being something of a gun nut.

Voice acting seems decent anywhoo, though the actual quality of the CG is preeetty poor. It doesn't look fantastic for starters, but what really stands out is its wooden facial expressions and awkward animations. But hey, budget game and all that, I suppose.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Wampa1

@yummylee: Terr doesnt have to end with orrist? Unflinching mop? This is just... surreal.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Yummylee

@wampa1 said:

@yummylee: Terr doesnt have to end with orrist? Unflinching mop? This is just... surreal.

Ain't it magical. I really like how they're also acknowledging that by this point bio-terror attacks are pretty commonplace. Kinda gives the universe just a little bit more... believability. I especially liked how they referencing RE5 since they had some TerraSave guys in what I would presume to be Africa. Hell, I'm pretty sure they outright reused some of its Majini character models even!

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#4  Edited By sammo21

Ugh, why do they look like the character models from Deadly Premonition?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That doesn't sound like the Claire I know!?

And yikes, the facial animation in that CG is PS2-era quality. Even FFX had better CG faces.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That doesn't sound like the Claire I know!?

And yikes, the facial animation in that CG is PS2-era quality. Even FFX had better CG faces.

Yeah, no Alyson Court this time =( A real shame considering how long she stuck with the character.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

How is it that you didn't mention this... At 1.37 where it says - Level Designer: Shinji Mikami.

No Caption Provided

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@gunstarred said:

How is it that you didn't mention this... At 1.37 where it says - Level Designer: Shinji Mikami.

No Caption Provided

I kinda glossed over the credits and didn't pay much attention to them. Also, wot. I would assume they're referring to some of the 'Throwback' Raid mode levels, which may include levels from Resident Evil 4? Then again they'd probably delegate that to a Special Thanks or something, nor would they have him up in the opening credits, so... I have no idea.

EDIT: Ha, as it turns out there just so happens to be another Shinji Mikami at Capcom working on Resident Evil... He was involved in RE6, so perhaps this is his evil, less talented counterpart!

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@gunstarred: Resident Evil and The Evil Within are in the same universe confirmed!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Man. There's just the right amount of dumb and straight up bad there to make me want to play this.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@thunderslash: I knew it! I can't wait for Sebastian to turn up at the end and say "What the fuck!?"

@yummylee: I wonder if he just got the job so they could confuse people.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred: Come now, Sebastian's opening line would obviously be ''I'm a police officer... Maybe I should help you''.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. While yes, the game certainly isn't that great looking graphically(definitely feels budget), I actually think the dialogue sounded pretty great. A nice step up from Revelations, more in line with the more naturalistic dialogue from RE5/RE6. Also, it was nice to see a reference to Revelations and RE5 right off the bat, since I wasn't sure if it was even going to acknowledge the first Revelations. Curious to see how this will tie into the series as a whole.

And I thought new Claire sounded fine. Didn't sound completely different, and seemed appropriate for the character.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters said:

Cool. While yes, the game certainly isn't that great looking graphically(definitely feels budget), I actually think the dialogue sounded pretty great. A nice step up from Revelations, more in line with the more naturalistic dialogue from RE5/RE6. Also, it was nice to see a reference to Revelations and RE5 right off the bat, since I wasn't sure if it was even going to acknowledge the first Revelations. Curious to see how this will tie into the series as a whole.

And I thought new Claire sounded fine. Didn't sound completely different, and seemed appropriate for the character.

I, er... I don't think natural is how I'd describe the dialogue in RE5/RE6, but I get what you mean. Though really I actually enjoyed the corny dialogue in Revelations. It helped give the game a better sense of levity over the grimdark seriousness of RE6 in particular, and it felt like it harking back to the dialogue of the older games. Jessica's ''Me and my sweet ass are on the way'' I can't help but find hilarious, and if I had my way Parker's ''I'm buying you lunch'' would have become a meme on a similar level to Big Bo's ''suweeeet!''. Hell, Parker in general was such a surprisingly likeable character overall.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Quarters

@yummylee said:

@quarters said:

I, er... I don't think natural is how I'd describe the dialogue in RE5/RE6, but I get what you mean. Though really I actually enjoyed the corny dialogue in Revelations. It helped give the game a better sense of levity over the grimdark seriousness of RE6 in particular, and it felt like it harking back to the dialogue of the older games. Jessica's ''Me and my sweet ass are on the way'' I can't help but find hilarious, and if I had my way Parker's ''I'm buying you lunch'' would have become a meme on a similar level to Big Bo's ''suweeeet!''. Hell, Parker in general was such a surprisingly likeable character overall.

Yeah, Parker, Raymond, O'Brian, and Jessica were fine. Quint and Keith...no. Just no. Quite possibly my two least favorite characters in the entire series(not counting Dead Aim or Outbreak-type stuff). And I don't know, I like the style of RE5/RE6's dialogue more. And I'm not saying it's award winning or anything, I just meant "natural" relative to the rest of the series. As an example, I like the cabin scene between Jake and Sherry. Stuff like that I think is handled well. I understand the appeal of the corny dialogue(I still find Code Veronica to be HILARIOUS to this day, mainly thanks to Steve and Alfred, or gems like "come, little fishie"), but as the series moves on and gets older, I like the idea of it getting more serious. More of a personal preference thing. And I think some of the games find a better balance of tone to please both fanbases, such as the REmake. Serious, decent voice acting, but still a little B movie. However, it doesn't go full silly, like friggin' Salazar.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.