Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 24, 2015

Revelations 2 sees the return of Claire Redfield, who along with the daughter of Barry Burton, Moira Burton, must try to escape from a monster-infested island. Meanwhile, Barry Burton himself makes his belated return as well in his attempts to save his daughter with the assistance of a little girl called Natalia Korda.

So, who's playing this?

• 66 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll So, who's playing this? (177 votes)

I am playing it on release. I am really excited! :) 29%
    I am definitely going to play it, but not on release. 18%
    I don't know if I'll play it or not. I'll wait and see. 29%
    I don't think I'm going to play it at all. 19%
    I have another answer. 5%

I believe it's coming out tomorrow right? I only ask because there's hardly any coverage on it, though I suppose it makes sense. I know that's when it says it's out though, and I plan on getting it tonight if I can. I honestly haven't really thought about the reviews or what people will think about it once they all play it. Since there is a lack of any real talk about it as far as I know, I thought I'd make this and see how people feel about it, and if you're going to play it tomorrow.

• 
    Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I'm sure I will at some point, being an RE fan. The whole confusion around which version to buy and what you get is a bit annoying, so I might just wait until later. Still want to play original Revelations first too.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I preordered the Complete Season as soon as it became available, though it's released a day later in Europe, because of course it is. Also, I've been trying to talk about this game... only problem is nobody else on here is interested.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I will purchase it on sale at some point because I'm a sucker, but not at launch.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I enjoyed the first one on 3DS well enough but I don't know how interested I am in grabbing this yet.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I'm definitely very interested in playing it, but I'm just going to wait for the disc version that comes out in like a month.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wemibelec90: I hadn't even thought about which version to get, as I was just going to get the PS4 version anyways. Revelations is pretty decent, so I do recommend you play it. I think my biggest problem with it is actually that the enemies reactions to shots damper some of the feeling that you're making a great impact on enemies, which I believe is probably due to it being on 3DS. I played it on the 360. Oh, and the final boss is dumb I think.

@yummylee: Yeah, I saw you had a long list of threads going, which is cool. Sorry. I'm interested in it, but wasn't really interested in the discussion until now. Hopefully this close to release it'll spark some interest though.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I'm getting it. I'm not that excited by it although I really liked the first game. I hope it's a good game.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

@ntm: Oh, I've played a bit of it. Just haven't managed to finish it. And I meant the different versions of the game on each platform. You can buy each episode individually, buy a season pass, or wait and buy a disc down the road for more content. It's a bit of a mess, especially on the PC where a disc version doesn't exist. Still trying to wrap my head around it.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Got it pre-ordered on steam for $20 on a gmg deal. Pretty excited for it. I just finished Revelations 1 a couple days ago in preparation for this and I dug it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

@esrever: You probably know this, but you didn't necessarily have to play the first Revelations to get into this one. I don't believe they're connected in any significant way beyond the fact that they're Resident Evil. It's kind of weird, since I think they could have probably used a different name.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At some point fo' sho'. I've got a LOT of Resident Evil on my plate already, though.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@ntm: Yea I figured as much, but I've had the first one for awhile and never got around to it. It was one of those things I wanted to do to get in the "mood" for more Resident Evil, y'know?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yummylee

@ntm said:

@esrever: You probably know this, but you didn't necessarily have to play the first Revelations to get into this one. I don't believe they're connected in any significant way beyond the fact that they're Resident Evil. It's kind of weird, since I think they could have probably used a different name.

Revelations 2 is said to be standalone yes. They also decided to keep the Revelations subtitle because it's to theoretically lead into its own sub-series separate from the main numbered entries. Not that they appear to be especially distinctive from one another mind.

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alot of people are saying its very good at least from fans i have watched play and review it not just main stream reviewers seem to be as good as original game on 3ds which was the best of all RE games since RE4 but its one episode... Like all episodic games the first one might be amazing and rest all shit.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'd love to be, but....

No Caption Provided

The fact that I can't even pre-load it is driving me nuts. After RE 6 I wouldn't of pre-ordered it, but after getting Revelations HD in a steam sale a while back, and remembering that I really liked that game, especially the raid mode, I put down my money. I'm not expecting RE4, hell, I'm barely expecting RERev1, but I've managed to not read anything about it beyond Claire, Moira and Barry, so I guess I'm hopeful ?

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HH

i am playing it on release, but i wouldn't say i'm really excited exactly.

basically i was bowled over by the HD remaster of the original game last month, played through it 3 times in a row, ended up reading up about the franchise, and now i'm ready to try out some more, considering the review scores were pretty good for the last installment.

I did play RE4 back in the day but it didn't hit me the same, i even dug the story in the original, which is rare for me in a game, and jumping in at this late stage to see how far that and the characters have come along in the meantime has it's own appeal.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#18  Edited By MightyDuck

I'm just about to finish the RE Remaster, which is exactly the type of RE that I love (in the vain of 1 through Code Veronica). This made me think I didn't need to give Revelations 2 a look. However, with the $5.99 an episode plan, I might give the first one a look. It would be cool to see good ol' Barry again.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I will purchase it on sale at some point because I'm a sucker, but not at launch.

I lied. I bought it when I realized I could get it for $30 on Greenman Gaming.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TWO WORDS: RAID MODE.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By handlas

Gah. I just played about 30 minutes. I feel like it looks much worse than RE 6 did on PS3. It feels clunkier. The enemies, thus far, look super lame and generic. I slightly cringe every time I enter a door and the game fades out... I'm guessing to load the next area? And god damn please stop with the co-op stuff. I guess I should just succumb to the fact RE is no longer for me. I did like parts of 6 though. I'll play the full first episode and hope I start to enjoy it but, right now, I'm happy I didn't buy the whole season.

Oh and I forgot to mention the download on PS4 was busted... apparently it is for others too. After buying it it wouldn't start a download. Had to go to the PS Store in a web browser and start the download through that which worked for some reason.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil used to be my favorite video game series.

This game is out, and I could care less. Buying into an episodic game series is already risky but when it's something as risky as a modern Resident Evil game.....uh........no thanks. Not until they're all out and have good reception

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that interested, but of course I will play it since I am a "fan" of the series. But holy shit am I tired of walking around with a partner constantly..

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Mortuss_Zero

I'm buying it on a disk,so I have to wait a little while, then me and my partner are going to Let's Play through it. He'll do the Claire parts, and I'll do the REAL MAN's parts.

Barry Motherfucking Burton is finally back. The long winter of my discontent is over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting for the disk version / it to be complete. I've had enough of episodic games for the time being and this one looks promising enough that I don't want to sit around waiting for it to be finished.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Played through episode 1, hated the co-op stuff and somebody at Capcom sure liked Ellie from the last of us as that's all Moira's character is

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Honestly, I've not really cared about Resident Evil since 4. Once they switched to the more action-y style of game, they lost me. 5 was a little better as it didn't have like 10 hours of padding in the middle. There's just too many other games that do what current Resident Evil does.

StriderJ8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been dabbling with Raid mode. Must say, I love it so far. My only complaint is that the male animations, (same set for Barry, Hunk and Wesker), look a little goofy and clumsy. Other than that, this iteration of Raid mode is outstanding.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm done with Resident Evil. I haven't liked any of them since 4. Ten years. I thought The Evil Within put all of the games since to shame, even though it had some fundamental problems. I'm looking forward to the DLC, the first of which should be coming out soon.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'll wait until the disc comes out in March. I did enjoy the first Revelations.

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Waiting for the Vita version like a crazy person. Cause Silent Hill: Book of Memories was so great...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Have we reached the point where buying Resident Evil games is like buying Sonic games?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By JJOR64

I watched someone play the first episode and it doesn't seem too bad. I might pick it up on Stram when all the episodes are out.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I think we've been there for years now. Feels like it.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By handlas

The more I play, the less I like it. A particular area where you put a gear in a wall to open a door which opens a bunch of prison cells... then you have 8 or so enemies charging you as you are stuck in a tiny room. Two enemies being big hammer wielding enemies that are bullet sponges at a point where you don't have much ammo already. Boy this game is not fun.

Dominar_Rigel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas:

Yeah, agreed, handlas. I'm happy to hear you say that. I had to put it down last night after dying yet again on that section. I guess I'll kick it down to easy difficulty. Kinda surprised to get this beat down this early on normal.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

The more I play, the less I like it. A particular area where you put a gear in a wall to open a door which opens a bunch of prison cells... then you have 8 or so enemies charging you as you are stuck in a tiny room. Two enemies being big hammer wielding enemies that are bullet sponges at a point where you don't have much ammo already. Boy this game is not fun.

the big thing in the middle of the room spits fire and is really handy on this section.

Dominar_Rigel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc:

How do you engage it? I thought it was useable, but perhaps I was panicking too much to find the button prompt..?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dominar_rigel: you have to turn it and then turn the valve™ near the herb on the corner.

Dominar_Rigel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc:

Ah. Thanks!

PS. I've reported you to Valve™ for using their copyrighted material without their consent. FYI.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Have we reached the point where buying Resident Evil games is like buying Sonic games?

I'd rather play through RE6 again than touch Sonic Boom though. RE6 had a few fun and interesting mechanics at least even if they were buried under a lot of shitty design decisions.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Yummylee

I completed it a few hours ago, quite enjoyed it, specifically Barry's segment. Moira unfortunately doesn't really carry her weight very much and seems kind of useless for the most part, whereas Natalia is kind of great! Has her own 'detective vision' equivalent and can smash zombies heads in with bricks. Barry's segment is also significantly more atmospheric, and using Natalia to spot the Revenant's weakspot to then shoot through it as Barry is a fun dynamic, especially when there's multiple of them. Really cool to see them reintroducing the Uroborus stuff from RE5 again, rather than inventing yet another virus strain or something. The twist that Barry's segments are 6 months ahead of Claire's was pretty cool and has me intrigued to learn more. Some funny throwbacks to the Barry's classic sandwich and master of unlocking lines, too. Story overall isn't half bad either thus far, with the voice acting and dialogue being at the right level of ham & cheese.

Shooting's pretty fun too and is a vast improvement over both RE6 and the first Revelations. Movement takes a little getting used to, but only because of how different it is to every other RE shooter. Currently writing up a blog anywhoo and I live-streamed my whole playthrough of it! Rarely got any views or anything of course, but I enjoyed it all the same and was glad to get it all captured.

Raid mode is pretty great too and a significant improvement from the original. Just a lot more going on regarding character skills and variety of weapons. Also, kinda funny how this is like an amalgamation of so many other Capcom games. Lots of RE6's animations carry over, as do some sound effects, and many of the Gestures in Raid mode are taken from Lost Planet 2.

''Now who's the master of unlocking!''

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@yummylee: What platform are you playing it on?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By handlas

@rafaelfc said:

@handlas said:

the big thing in the middle of the room spits fire and is really handy on this section.

I use that too! And seems really ineffective... the guys catch on fire and just keep coming at you. I'm playing on Hard though... so maybe that's a problem. And then babysitting your AI partner as they get attacked in that room is also annoying. I might just save myself the frustration and call it quits on this one. It's clearly not for me.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Yummylee

@handlas said:

@rafaelfc said:

@handlas said:

I use that too! And seems really ineffective... the guys catch on fire and just keep coming at you. I'm playing on Hard though... so maybe that's a problem.

Yeah, you need to turn it back down to Normal. I was in the same situation, kept dying on that segment over and over and over, knocked it down to Normal, got through it on my first attempt. But yeah, that flamethrower bloody sucks and only makes it all the more difficult because you're then trapped in this tiny space with hammers being swung every which way.

Problem is when it came time for Barry's segment, it all felt a little too easy. Guy is packed, but then of course he is.

SuperFusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else here playing this game have extremely laggy/stuttery gameplay in both the single player and raid mode? It's seriously unplayable at the moment for me. I have the latest drivers and I've changed the settings from the highest to the lowest and it doesn't change much. Anyone know what's going on?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NTM

@humanity: No.

@strider315: Yeah, Barry's running animation looks stiff.

@therealmoot: It's going to be all done in March. Each episode comes out every week; it's not like Telltale's games.

@handlas: I made a thread about the issue.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@handlas said:

@rafaelfc said:

@handlas said:

I use that too! And seems really ineffective... the guys catch on fire and just keep coming at you. I'm playing on Hard though... so maybe that's a problem.

Yeah, you need to turn it back down to Normal. I was in the same situation, kept dying on that segment over and over and over, knocked it down to Normal, got through it on my first attempt. But yeah, that flamethrower bloody sucks and only makes it all the more difficult because you're then trapped in this tiny space with hammers being swung every which way.

Problem is when it came time for Barry's segment, it all felt a little too easy. Guy is packed, but then of course he is.

I actually got past it on my first attempt on Hard after starting it back up again. Not sure why but the fire was finally effective and killed both the hammer guys without me having to use any ammo on them. Now I'm finally on Barry. Barry, the reason we want to play this game right? So much easier with him... I'm glad there are stealth kills so no wasting all of my ammo.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Argh, I really can't decide whether to Beth this or not, impressions have been all over the place. On one end I adore resident evil, even in this day and age and anything with that name on the bo....errr store page, I reall want to get. On the other hand I paid 12 dollars for the first revelations and that seemed to be a good price for that game. I guess I could buy it piecemeal and see if I enjoy it but then if I do I miss out on the two other side stories, damn bundles man....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.