Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Revelations

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 26, 2012

Resident Evil: Revelations is a full, story-driven Resident Evil title in which Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine split up to investigate a new conspiracy, with new partners Parker and Jessica.

Resident Evil: Revelations demo

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Entreri10

It just came to the eshop today, what do you guys think of it?

I came away from it pretty excited and surprised that it looks as good as it does on the 3ds, Kinda weird that you can only launch the demo 30 times but I also dont expect to play it more than 3-4 times before I get the actual game.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EightBitShik

I currently don't have a 3DS but I am really interested in this game. Play the demo the 3-4 times and let me know what you think about it. Also, I approve of your name. Because one Entreri is amazing 10 of them is MIND BLOWING.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ckeats

I found it ridiculously short. Probably one of the shortest demos I've ever played.

The game itself seems pretty good. Like a portable RE 5. It looks way better than you would expect from the 3DS.

Controls felt a little funky at first, and there don't seem to be an option to switch aim to L instead of R. I suspect the Circle Pad Pro will make this control virtually the same as RE 5.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sooty

Impressive graphics.

It feels like a lot more "horror" than RE5 did. If the full game continues with this I may well purchase it. It even has some atmosphere.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By WightnNerdy

It seemed like a pretty good game. It had the aiming and controls like Resident Evil 4 and 5 combined with the horror of Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil 2. 

I tried all three control options and control type "A" with 3rd person aiming (instead of the default 1st-person aiming) seems like the best and easiest control setting. Type "C" tries to use the face buttons as a camera and it doesn't work very well. It took some time getting used to the face buttons normally (I threw a grenade by accident while trying to open a door) but otherwise felt okay. I'm looking forward to buying this when it releases.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Entreri10 said:

It just came to the eshop today, what do you guys think of it?

I came away from it pretty excited and surprised that it looks as good as it does on the 3ds, Kinda weird that you can only launch the demo 30 times but I also dont expect to play it more than 3-4 times before I get the actual game.

I would bet money that the 3DS is more powerful than the Wii.

mcpaul15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mcpaul15

Is it the ship demo that was packed in with Mercenaries? Because I played and loved that one.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By liako21

im downloading it right now. really excited to see how it play.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By evanbower

It looks nice, but coming away from the demo I don't think I'll pick up the game. I'm not big on RE to begin with, so I guess that style of gameplay with less buttons was doomed for me from the beginning, but glad I was able to give it a try. It's cool that some of you like it though, glad to see the 3DS library fleshing itself out.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By zeushbien

The controls seemed pretty bad to me, maybe I should try it again with a different control layout.

The graphics are very nice though.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gravier251

@TheOtherSuperMarioBro said:

Is it the ship demo that was packed in with Mercenaries? Because I played and loved that one.

Just downloaded it and having a look. Seems to be a different demo to the one with mercenaries so should be worth a look. Quite liking the atmosphere in it thus far.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By liako21

just played it. very short demo. i prefer the 3rd person aiming. graphics are nice. music was good. as far as the controls i didnt really have a problem with them. unscrewing the screws on the panel with the touch screen to open the door was a nice little addition. survival horror games have never been my thing to begin so not sure if i will ever purchase this one, but if your a fan this could be for you.

JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By JSwan13

Graphics are great, controls are good, and it's scary. I can't wait for the full version.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By GunstarRed

liked it a lot. It looks really, really nice and has great music. I liked the scanner thing, it probably encourages you to backtrack for hidden items in the full game. THat room with all the fog looks really nice.

Oh and the 3D is really well done also.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By The_Nubster

I disliked it a lot. Like, a whole lot. Right from the bat, I didn't like how it felt. I tried all three control schemes and I felt that the way the enemies moved (swaying heavily from side-to-side) made it very difficult to hit them the way I wanted. I found the atmosphere to be a little weak; it was just a mish-mash between a ship and a mansion, and seemed very uninteresting. Lastly, and what really put me off more than anything, was how shitty the sound was. There was nothing wrong with the audio direction itself, but the compression was rough. Everything sounded tinny and crappy, and it totally pulled me out of the game. I couldn't get over it, and there's absolutely no excuse for it.

It left a bad taste in my mouth. I promptly deleted it and played Pushmo.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sooty
    @The_Nubster said:

and there's absolutely no excuse for it.

Aside from it being a demo? I would say that is a plausible reason, if an unlikely one.
    The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By The_Nubster

@Sooty said:

@The_Nubster said:

and there's absolutely no excuse for it.

Aside from it being a demo? I would say that is a plausible reason, if an unlikely one.

Usually a demo is a highly-polished level. Their best foot forward, so to say. This demo was what would put me to one side or another, and they've put me firmly into the no-buy camp.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Impressive graphics, but the combat is still meh for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6256d396c4133
    deactivated-6256d396c4133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The visuals were actually pretty good but some of the sounds were fucking terrible. Specifically anything that isn't already "pre-rendered", like the sound of a monster shuffling, Jill moving, etc. The bottom screen was also pretty GBA-ish looking. I don't usually like to bash things, but this stuff bothered me.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#20  Edited By BeachThunder

Just played it - it didn't take long for me to die, but from what I did play, the controls seemed like an uphill battle; I really was impressed by the graphics though. the 3D seemed shallow, but I did notice an option to make the 3D stronger; as a default, however, the 3D seemed pretty poor.

Overall, I personally wouldn't buy it, I know the controls would frustrate me too much, but it definitely seems like it has to potential to be something great for those that are ok with the controls.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By 49th

I dislike the controls, what's up with aiming with R? That's dumb.

Hopefully it will be better with the Pro pad whatever it's called.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BrockNRolla

I enjoyed it but I'm certainly not sold. The controls scheme didn't do it for me since I'd already gotten used to the ability to move and shoot with the latest iteration of the series. I was interested to see what the additional circle pad might do for the experience, but since it doesn't appear there will be any bundle in the states, that experience seems inaccessible.

Pair that with the fact that it's a $50 game and I'm more than a bit wary. I would love to play it because I'm a huge fan of the series, but there are enough negatives that it's a hard sell. Also, what's up with the monters design? Are these things humans mixed with sea urchins? I mean, that sounds pretty dumb, but I also wouldn't be surprised.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By RobertOrri

None of the available control options seem ideal. Type A is what I felt most comfortable with, but it wasn't great. Weird why the A button makes you consume a herb when you can just tap it on the bottom screen - wouldn't that button serve a better function as a dedicated Run button? Which reminds me, the game is missing that. What the heck?

The sound effects are just awful, but the music sounded alright and clearly of a higher quality. I liked the 3D, it wasn't bad.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TentPole

@RobertOrri: I'm pretty sure B is run.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrMuscle

I ordered it with the gamepad pro, it will be interesting to see if it makes the controls better or worse.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrMuscle

Circle pad pro I mean. Seems I can't edit my post on the iPad.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SaFt

I've played it through twice and i love it! The music is great, the 3D doesn't really do anything for me and is more of a nuicanse though.

Some very impressive graphics and as opposed to RE5 this game seem to actually have decent atmosphere.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee

I watched a playthrough over youtube and it looks pretty great, or at least the Jill sections do. The parts as Chris are meant to be much more action orientated--because thanks to RE5, Chris is now apparently the ''action-man'' of the series =/

Much like with the Gamecube, I want to get the 3DS solely for Revelations; the story intrigues me and the Jill portions look like they act as a great throwback to ye olden days of RE. Also there are totally spots where you play on your own! I think the entire game is a solo affair even (minus the RAID mode), though it looks like you may have an AI partner during certain sections. I just wish this was a PSN/XBLM download instead.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jack268

Ayup. It's great. Haven't tried "Super Depth Mode" or hell mode, but playing with type-B controls and third person shooting was a great experience. Definitely the 3DS game I'm the most excited for this year, and it apparently shipped today along with a CPP, so hopefully I'll get it soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.