Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

In the third game in Insomniac's Resistance franchise, you will play as Joseph Capelli, murderer of previous protagonist Nathan Hale, as he journeys across the Chimera-controlled United States.

Fantastic shooter

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Heltom92

I like many people didn't really hold the Resistance franchise in high regard. I enjoyed R1 and R2 (to as lesser extent) but this game blows them out of the water. R3 is a massive step up, the atmosphere is tense, the guns feel satisfying to use and the game just feels so fun to play. I've only just completed the boat section but so far I am really impressed.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cube

The multiplayer beta was just ok in my opinion. Nothing special. No idea about the full game/single player, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Glad to hear, think I'm going to end up getting this now.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Heltom92

@Cube said:

The multiplayer beta was just ok in my opinion. Nothing special. No idea about the full game/single player, though.

Yea I like the multiplayer but you're right it's pretty standard stuff.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By metalmoog

I agree Heltom92. Resistance 3 has a fantastic campaign. I've been enjoying it a ton. The multiplayer is quite good too. It's essentially CoD with Resistance flavour. No complaints from me this game is the best shooter I've played all year.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bwheeeler

I'm actually surprised. I bought this on a whim, and didn't play it for a day or two because I was afraid I made a poor choice. But I didn't. It's a pretty fantastic game. The single player is awesome and the multiplayer is better than most CoD clones. It sucks that people are writing it off just because it's a Resistance game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

The campaign is pretty solid thus far; weapons are really fun and satisfying (especially the atomizer's secondary fire *boner*), there's a good influx of new weapons, too. Well paced set-pieces, the story gives enough of a push to keep you motivated, though most of the characters within it are pretty boring - though they have been for the entire series. The parts featuring the AI squad-mates is a detriment to the experience as well because of their scripted animations and wonky AI; one situation in particular that stands out is when I'm defending a pub and the chimera manage to rush to our holding ground, and my AI squad-mates literally make no reaction and just stand there still staring out of the window. That particular segment was still pretty fun, though. Bringing back the weapon wheel is a God Send as well; so refreshing to have this much exotic variety in how to decimate four eyed freaks.

The only complaint I have thus far is that the game lingers a little too long within the Grim infested town sections. I enjoy fighting against the Grims and all, but during that part where you're to navigate through broken down houses when you're searching for Father Johnathon wears the excitement of mowing down the lanky shits substantially.

With all that said, however, I also still really enjoyed the first two Resistance games campaigns, too.

I played a single match of multiplayer, felt a little lost and overwhelmed going against level 20's already. Looks fun enough, though I'm going to complete the single-player before I begin to invest into the multiplayer.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the second game and this game has been getting a lot of praise...  I really want this game

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Martian

I got the Doomsday Edition of this game. It's pretty fun so far. It takes a bit to get use to using the Move Controller and the Sharp Shooter. The game is pretty sick though.

Dayewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dayewalker

I have this sitting unopened on my shelf right now and it is killing me. I'm working my way through Resistance 2 as fast as I can manage so I can check out 3. Everything that I've seen about it makes me even more stoked to play it.

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By memo

The multiplayer is pretty basic but it is a lot of fun IMO. But yea single player is pretty damn good, it has a good story.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DonPixel
    @MagikOvenMit said:

It sucks that people are writing it off just because it's a Resistance game.

It sucks harder that MW3 is going to sell like 20x more copies than R3, when R3 has a far more intersting campaign than MW. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Proof that limited weapon management and recharging health make shooters boring.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Hizang

I really am enjoying both the single player and the multiplayer.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DonPixel
    @Tru3_Blu3 said:

Proof that limited weapon management and recharging health make shooters boring.

I always wonder what is with good game mechanics that all the sudden become a standard,  Primary & Secondary weapons +  health regen is a good idea for some shooters, That doesn't mean all FKING Shooters needs them.  

Call of Killzone I'm looking at you. 
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By MEATBALL

I rented it for a week and completed it and was super impressed, so much so that I'll probably pick it up when the wallet is willing because I feel it's a game well worth having in my collection.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Slaker117
    @DonPixel said:
    @Tru3_Blu3 said:

I always wonder what is with good game mechanics that all the sudden become a standard,  Primary & Secondary weapons +  health regen is a good idea for some shooters, That doesn't mean all FKING Shooters needs them.   Call of Killzone I'm looking at you. 
    Because emulating Halo was way easier that outdoing Halo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.