Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resistance 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

In the third game in Insomniac's Resistance franchise, you will play as Joseph Capelli, murderer of previous protagonist Nathan Hale, as he journeys across the Chimera-controlled United States.

What's your favorite Resistance game from the series?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Well I played all the resistance games except burning skies, and my favorite resistance game will have to be Resistance 3. I just beaten the campaign today and had a blast playing it. I like how the game is more like the first one. Where you get to keep all your weapons and find health packs to gain your health back. But anyway what's your favorite resistance game you've played?

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By TentPole

3 by far.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Three. One is kind of interesting in some parts, mediocre in most, and two is something akin to a turd that's been digitized and put into FPS format.

OK, it's not that bad, it's got some cool boss fights and some great moments, but there are a lot of really, really bad moments spread liberally throughout the campaign.

The third one, on the other hand, sidestepped many modern FPS conventions and went for something special - a story about a shamed man who was trying to make the best out of what little he could. The first few hours of that game were so much more impactful simply because, aside from the fairly intense beginning, they weren't so much about shit exploding as they were about seeing this world that's fallen into ruin. In fact, most of the game was like that and while it wasn't exactly original, it was presented in a compelling manner. It doesn't hurt that it's mostly written well and its emotional moments come across as actually emotional and not completely half-assed or cheesy.

Do I think that Resistance 3 is perfect? Well, no, but it definitely towers over all of the other entries in the otherwise disappointingly mediocre series. Its story and especially the characterization of Capelli is far and away better than most any FPS has ever come close to.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
    BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with 3.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang

I liked three but I kinda really like the first one, I played so much of that multiplayer.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Vonocourt

Haven't played three or the portable games, so kind of a limited selection here, but I really did love the co-op mode in two.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By devilzrule27

I still love everything about the first one the most. The PSP one was really fucking good too.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Winternet

HA! Your favorite Resistance game. It's funny, because . . . you know.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

I've only played the first two and the PSP game. I wish I had finished up with three though, I mean, I wish I had played it, but it was one of the games I didn't play, or haven't yet. I like Resistance for the most part, but as an entirety, since none of them really look or feel the same in ways, they kind of felt insignificant for lack of a better word.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By egg

My fave Resistance game is Midnight Resistance, had a lot of fun with that game as a kid.

edit: nevermind, I only just noticed you specified "from the series". I missed that part and thought we were discussing ANY Resistance games.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By falserelic

I was actually surprised how much I ended up enjoying resistance 3. When it came out last year I didn't think it was going to be great. Because after playing the resistance 3 beta last year. I thought it was going to end up down the COD route. But after giving the game a chance I was wrong.

I like the upgradable badass weapons you get, and how you can be tactical in the game. The boss fights were cool and I like the character in the game. I found him more compelling and memorable then Nathan hale. I felt like I was going on mission that your probably not going to make it back home from.

The online is fun I had a blast playing it too. Especially sense you use the crazy weapons you get in the campaign.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Lava

I played a lot of multiplayer in 2 and actually really liked it. 3 is probably the best of the series though, I would play more of the multiplayer in that but I've had more fun with Uncharted 3's multiplayer.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By GunstarRed

I liked the first one, massively disliked the second and when I played 3 about a month or so ago I really quite enjoyed it until the end when the game seemed to overwhelm you with unfair amounts of tough enemies. If the game was a little less spammy in the later portions I'd almost say I loved it.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Marcsman

@Hizang said:

I liked three but I kinda really like the first one, I played so much of that multiplayer.

I gotta agree with my man Hizang. The original was my first next gen game and my first experience with an online shooter. So it holds a special place in my heart. But 3 (despite the weak ass ending )was the best.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wjb

Probably 3@Winternet said:

HA! Your favorite Resistance game. It's funny, because . . . you know.

I was originally going to say 3, but then I was like, "Favorite? lol, wut?"

Really good trick question, OP. You got me good!

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Gabriel

Two actually adds to the lore so that one, also the Co-op is amazing. Really disliked 3 because I felt it didn't take advantage of one of the coolest premises this generation.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By Sooperspy

Resistance 3 is the only one that I played and liked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.