Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 14, 2008

Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA return with the sequel to Rock Band. Rock Band 2 ships with 84 on-disc songs, 20 free downloadable songs, compatibility with all DLC, and the ability to import most songs from the first Rock Band.

Buncha DLC On Sale Next Week (July 6-12)

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

More news from Major Nelson on Inside Xbox.  Apparently the XBL Marketplace will have some sales going on for "Liveapalooza".  Don't know the prices, but here are the songs/packs that will be on sale.  Not sure if this applies to PS3 or Wii.  I tend to doubt it.  The stuff on sale is:

AFI Pack 01
    Blink 182 Pack 01
    Boston Pack 01
    Disturbed Pack 01
    Foo Fighter's Colour and the Shape Album
    Going Country Pack 01
    Green Day Pack 01
    The Killers Pack 01
    Megadeth PS...bWB? Album
    Metallica Pack 01
    Nirvana Pack 01
    Oasis 'Wonderwall' Single
    Pearl Jam's Backspacer Album
    Pearl Jam's Ten Album
    Red Hot Chili Pepper's Blood Sugar Sex Magik Album
    Slipknot Pack 01
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 01
    Weezer 'Buddy Holly' Single
    The Best of The Who Rock Band Edition
    Wolfmother Pack 01

There's also going to be DLC on sale for GH and Lips, so do some digging if you're interested.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Boston, Disturbed, Metallica, Oasis, Pearl Jam's Ten, Most of Blood Sugar Sex Magik, most of the Who, and Buddy Holly without any reservation.  Depending on whether the individual tracks are on sale, I might be interested in AFI, The Killers, and Wolfmother.  But I doubt that I'll want all of the tracks from each.

TonicBH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TonicBH

Unfortunate I haven't heard much of the music in the packs, so I'm currently listening to them now online. I might be grabbing a few packs. Now to get some more points...

dr_pineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By dr_pineapple

I would only buy some bands on that list OW8 I already did... FUCK

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By A Likely Story

Pretty much own everything I would want on that list already. Might pick up a few more Who songs, but that depends on if the discount works when buying individual songs. If it's just the pack as a whole, I'll have to pass.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By 234r2we232

If you don't already have them, I recommend the Boston, Megadeth, Wolfmother, and Metalica packs.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By skrutop
    @Wilkins_III:  Thanks for that.  Might pick up Wolfmother, but I really wish there were savings on the singles in those packs as well (as I've already cherry picked a song or two out of just about all of them).
    PenguinDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PenguinDoctor

More importantly, "Achy Breaky Heart" is half price in Lips.  How can you lose when that song is only 80 points?
    Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Blueprint12
    @skrutop said:
    " @Wilkins_III:  Thanks for that.  Might pick up Wolfmother, but I really wish there were savings on the singles in those packs as well (as I've already cherry picked a song or two out of just about all of them). "

Yeah man, I really agree with you on wishing there were savings on the singles.  I'm considering Wolfmother and the Tom Petty pack.

Would have just been better if they just had the entire music store on discount for the whole week I think.  I'd probably pick up the Rise Against pack as well just because they've got some fun vocal songs.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman

Awesome stuff. This can only mean more people with awesome DLC, so I'm cool with that.

Blueprint12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Blueprint12
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Awesome stuff. This can only mean more people with awesome DLC, so I'm cool with that. "
    IF I do get that Tom Petty pack (despite already buying American Girl), me and you are definitely playing ;)
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Blueprint12 said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " Awesome stuff. This can only mean more people with awesome DLC, so I'm cool with that. "
    IF I do get that Tom Petty pack (despite already buying American Girl), me and you are definitely playing ;) "
    Fo shiz my nizz.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Shadow

Seeing as I have about 5 hours to decide before this sale is over, should I get the Foo Fighters or RHCP album?  Mainly, I want to know which one is more fun on drums.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.