Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Rock Band expands on the concepts Harmonix established in its Guitar Hero franchise by allowing players to play guitar, bass, drums, and sing to a variety of songs from various sub-genres and time periods.

Impossible to get a guitar!

Wadawoodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Wadawoodo

So I was never into Rock band when it first came out but the other night I had a thought that I would like to try it out.

So on whim I decided to buy Rock band 3 on Xbox on Demand with the thought that tomorrow I would head out and pick up a cheap guitar from a second hand store or one of the big chains. How wrong I was. I went to a total of 12 stores in and about London and you can't get a Rock band/Guitar Hero World Tour guitar for love nor money.

Next step the internet Amazon has none at any where near a reasonable price and ebay is not proving fruitful either! I don't trust buying CeX online as I used to work their and I know how shit they are with online orders.

Any ideas on how the hell I get hold of a guitar?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By napalm

@Wadawoodo: Craigslist?

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By BleedingStarX

Online is the best bet, I bought a GH Wired Guitar off Amazon around a year ago for around £35. May be more than you're willing to pay but unfortunately thats the price of them.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

Yep. Really, really hard to get one in the UK. I had to wait two weeks for a decent listing on ebay. You would have thought people would be giving them away, but no, it's really hard to get one... for a reasonable price anyway.

Wadawoodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wadawoodo

@Napalm: Craigslist and it's more popular UK equivalent Gumtree left me high and dry unfortunately.

@BleedingStarX: I was hoping to pay less than that but It doesn't seem like I'm going to have much luck for anything less so I may have to bite the bullet. The cheapest one I can find on Amazon is £80. There is one on there for £1000!!!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm

@Wadawoodo said:

@Napalm: ...more popular UK equivalent Gumtree left me high and dry [...]

I think you visited the wrong part of the website.

Wadawoodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wadawoodo

@GunstarRed: I'm genuinely shocked by how hard they are to get hold of. I thought places like CEX would be swimming in them.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

@Wadawoodo: I have a wired RB 1 controller and a Guitar Hero one that doesn't belong to me. I'd be tempted to part with one if they weren't so hard to get.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wadawoodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wadawoodo

@dekkadekkadekka: Yeah I saw them on CEX but as I said I really don't know if I can trust CEX because of their terrible order system. I used to work for them and our store just ignored the online orders.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@Wadawoodo said:

@dekkadekkadekka: Yeah I saw them on CEX but as I said I really don't know if I can trust CEX because of their terrible order system. I used to work for them and our store just ignored the online orders.

Whoops, skipped over that part of the original post. Sorry dude, that sucks.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mercutio123
    @Wadawoodo: The Kingston Cex used so always have loads in stock as I recall, they tend to be pretty good for hardware, phone them?
    Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Opens Closet....Killed by tsunami of plastic instruments

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Ben_H

I couldn't find a Guitar Hero 2 guitar anywhere, and I even remember seeing them in the past at stores I checked at. They must have thrown them out or something. 

Edit: Looked an Canadian Ebay and only found 1 Xbox 360 GH2 Explorer (this came with the game and box and everything) other than a set with a BIN of over $130. On Amazon it is new for $490... 

It is so crazy because EB games used to just have a pile of them in the corner for like $15, now they have nothing yet they sell the games.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By JJWeatherman

If you'd want a Rock Band 1 guitar that kinda barely works anymore, I'd send it to you for the cost of shipping, haha.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Time_Lord

I had I think six guitars all up but then i moved last year and dumped them no more plastic crap please.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By wrighteous86

Right now I'm wondering how much I can get for my complete Beatles Rock Band set of instruments, plus game... Hmmm.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.