Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rocksmith 2014

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 22, 2013

The second edition of Rocksmith from Ubisoft features a new soundtrack, enhancements to the user interface, and a slew of new games and lessons aimed at helping learn how to play the guitar.

Rock Tone Cable Detection Issues?

Dain22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I bought Rocksmith 2014 for Mac on Steam have been using it consistently for about a month. It took a long time to order the tone cable, but once I got it I really enjoyed the game. It's been a great motivation to get back into playing guitar.

I recently bought the original Rocksmith and Disc-Import Tool via Steam (Ubisoft Catalog Sale). When I started up Rocksmith 2014, no sound was playing from my guitar at any of the menus. When I tried to launch the tuner or play a song, I got a message saying my cable was unplugged, even though it was plugged in the port I had always used. I tried unplugging, waiting, and re-plugging into the same port. I tried different usb ports. I tried using a USB hub. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the breakaway section of the Tone Cable. I tried restarting the application. I tried restarting my computer. I tried reinstalling Rocksmith 2014. None of these have resolved the issue. I am hesitant the think the cable has failed, because under System Preference > Sound > Input if I select the "Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter" and strum my guitar, the input levels respond.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I've opened a ticket with Ubisoft Support, but I probably won't hear back from them until sometime this week.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.