Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rogue Legacy

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 27, 2013

A "genealogical rouge-lite" that combines elements from "Metroidvania" platformers and roguelike games. Explore the ever-shifting rooms of Castle Hamson as a lineage of knights, with each ancestor's death potentially improving their offspring's chance for success!

So addictive...

Lethal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So after watching the Quick Look last night, I decided to buy this today. Man...what a game. Sometimes I felt like quitting after having a few quick deaths with little to no gold but I just couldnt put the controller down and eventually had some great runs. Havent beaten a single boss yet, though :(

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@lethal: If you're playing the demo, there is only one boss. I recommend once you find it that you keep using the architect to keep him in the same place, so you can use the teleporter to go to it immediately.

Also: The Vampire rune makes surviving the castle waaaaay easier

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Darji

@eujin said:

@lethal: If you're playing the demo, there is only one boss. I recommend once you find it that you keep using the architect to keep him in the same place, so you can use the teleporter to go to it immediately.

Also: The Vampire rune makes surviving the castle waaaaay easier

This boss really has a ton of HP and somehow I can not dodge his attacks. It is a really hard game at least for me^^

tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

this game looks great, but does anyone know when it's coming out on steam?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@tkalsey said:

this game looks great, but does anyone know when it's coming out on steam?

According to the devs on the Steam forums, on June 27.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah I played about 6 characters of the demo today, lots of fun but I'm avoiding playing it too much until the steam version comes out next week since the demo saves won't transfer over to the main game, Steam or otherwise.

tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lethal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit I beat the boss. Used 2 vampire runes to keep myself alive. The shield is so clutch too. Made the fight easy as hell.

Only problem is now theres nothing left to do but wait for the full release...

fazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you say boss are you referring to the giant eyeball? or is there something else?

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yeah I played the demo and I'm really liking it, went ahead and preordered it. It's only 10 bucks if you preorder it on the official site. They extended the cheaper preorder price till the end of today.

Mr_JPeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought this after the QL as well, really having a great time with the demo so far. I cant wait to see what changes in the full game on the 27th! Great find guys, i would of missed this totally had it not been for the GB crew!

championfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beat the demo with beefed up magic and an archmage with the fire spell. Just spam the fire spell and run around one hitting everything.

Also, try pressing down and activating the shield ability at the same time.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Pretty sweet game, though I think the leveling system is maybe a little too generous so you could wind up steamrolling most things once you got halfway decent at it.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@superfluousmoniker said:

Yeah I played the demo and I'm really liking it, went ahead and preordered it. It's only 10 bucks if you preorder it on the official site. They extended the cheaper preorder price till the end of today.

So it's over now or am I missing something? I can't pre-order it at all, even for the normal price.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ajamafalous

@nekusakuraba said:

So it's over now or am I missing something? I can't pre-order it at all, even for the normal price.

Check out the most recent comments on the QL; I was still able to preorder it a few hours ago for $10 with a direct Humble Bundle link.

Also, yeah, this game is fucking rad. I just played the demo for like 3 hours straight (though still haven't beaten the boss, granted I've only tried twice and both times I had a shitty char to fight it with. I have more fun seeing how much gold I can pick up in a run than I do locking the castle and attempting to clear what I didn't get to before dying). Can't wait for it to come out Thursday so I can explore the other areas and start unlocking more equipment.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By winsord

@nekusakuraba said:

Pre-orders stopped on Sunday night. The game comes out on Thursday and I doubt the client is large enough to warrant a pre-load, so you'll just have to wait a couple of days to pick it up. As far as I know, those of us who pre-ordered didn't get anything else special, just a couple bucks off the top.

Edit: You can still sneak a pre-order in here.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game idea looks really cool. I wish it wasn't a "platformer", because I suck at those.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

potatomash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really is a great game. In the demo alone I sunk in several hours just so I could beat the first boss.

Out on the 27th of June, can't wait!

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Agreed about the game being quite fun & after being many, many generations in on the game, only tip I have is to buy one of every of the perks as some of the classes are unlocked in the oddest of spots. That and whatever you do, if you have the upgraded lich class of converting hp to mana, NEVER press Y (or whatever the class ability button is) to try it out even in the area with the smith/gates to the castle (walked in with a ton of mana & 1hp).

Gaidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My advice on enjoying this game....accept that you need to grind up levels/gear/stat increases, and don't try to "force" boss fights too much. My sanity took a hit the last couple of days as I tried to beat the 4th boss at level 62 (most videos I watch have people beating it at level 80+). Death after death after stubborn death ensued. Finally pulled it off to realize there was absolutely no way I was killing the final boss at such a low level. So yeah, like Dark Souls.....accept the fact that you need to take it slow, put in the time, and grind out gold.

Fun game though, when it isn't making me rage.

Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just beat the first boss Khidr with a Shiobi who had conflux with full HP and MP. 2 vampire runes and the blood sword really helps keep your HP high enough to take a few hits.

Oh and i'm on like my 40th generation or something, it's the 2000s for goodness sake lol

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought this over the Steam sale when it was 20% off and this was probably the best purchase I made during that time. I got it because I wanted something I could play for 5 minutes or so and not feel like I haven't made any progress. Instead I keep saying "oh just one more generation". I always want to spend the gold and that means another foray into the castle. This game is so good, so quirky and just so much fun. I don't even like "metroid-vania" games all that much because I die so quickly in all of them. I die a lot here, too but I never feel like I've wasted time, plus since the castle changes, each round feels brand new.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTY so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.