Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rune Factory: Frontier

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 17, 2009

Rune Factory: Frontier is the first game in the Rune Factory series to be released on the Nintendo Wii. The game focuses on the development of Trampoli village by planting crops, exploring dungeons, and developing personal relationships with the other townspeople.

Rune Factory Frontier Reviews

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

90 - GameZone
    This is one of the best games I’ve played on the Wii since we’ve gotten it.
    88 - RPG Fan
    While Rune Factory Frontier is not without its flaws, it's definitely a solid step in the right direction for the series.
    88 - NGamer UK
    Engrossing freeform farm 'n' harm. [July 2009, p.58]
    85 - Nintendojo
    Many people will say that farming sims are the same experience over and over. While that may have been true with the main Harvest Moon series, Rune Factory's addition of RPG elements has given the sub-genre a welcome change that many will enjoy.
    84 - Cheat Code Central
    There's simply so much to do that it will take many months to fully explore Rune Factory's true depth. The best part is it's fun to do so.
    83 - IGN
    A great package, and one of the deepest RPG’s on the system thus far.
    80 - Worth Playing
    There's a lot to see in Rune Factory: Frontier, and while the premise might sound a bit boring, it's well worth taking a look at.
    80 - Zentendo
    It's very long, it's well made, and looks fantastic.
    80 - Kombo
    In terms of content and things to do, Frontier is a slam dunk.
    75 - Destructoid
    So did Rune Factory: Frontier turn me into a full-fledged fan of the farming sim genre? No, not entirely, but it was definitely the most fun I've ever had with a Harvest Moon-like title.
    75 - Nintendo Power
    Frontier isn't for everybody, but it delivers on its promise of providing a deep, engrossing experience while letting you live a relaxing life. [Apr 2009, p.88]
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

Will probably try it out. I played the hell out of the first rune factory but never finished it because i maxed everything out in the first 2 seasons of the first year. The second one was more of the same but with some rather clever enhancements however you were limited by the fact that your stats could not rise above a certain level and only your offspring (who would replace the original protagonist) could be leveled up to the max leaving me with a underpowered first gen charaters whith whom i could not do the "projects" i had in mind with. So i ended up not finishing that one either. Once you figure out that you can let your monsters do all the work for you and that you can replenish your ability points almost with no limits simply by leaving some crops of grass untouched (every full grown crops would create one rune orb that would replendish 25 percent of your total ability points) the game becomes extremely easy.

Wonder if the same will happen to me with this game.

JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By JebranRush

Sounds good. It seems to combine the laid-back nature of Harvest Moon with some cool RPG action, and it seems to work.

Monster taming is always a good feature.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yeah, I like how monsters can both help you in combat (as mounts or helpers!) as well as with your farming.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool

I love the Harvest Moon series.  If I spnd half the amount of time on this game as I did on A Wonderful Life, then it would be money well spent.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By shadows_kill

i played the first rune factory on ds and it was great but i would like to see what the monsters do before i buy this.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Godwind

Never played the series before.  Might be a good place to start.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Black_Rose

I can't believe I don't have this yet...stupid college :'(

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

May get this after I finish LKS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.