Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Why Does This Guy Have A Page?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By rjaylee

@PixelPrinny said:

It's sad how much of a faux pas it is to be a bit vain when it comes to nerd culture. Like if you do, you're suddenly looked up as some Jersey Shore freak or something.

I'm not saying anyone should be totally adverse to being proud of their own achievements, but I'm going to go on a big assumption that he's trying to defend being a tester monkey in Q&A or something.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Karl_Boss

@Hailinel said:

@Red12b said:

@Hailinel:

you could have worse people to have as an internet adversary than HD, at least he was flavourful and appreciated a bit of fun in his own dark and twisted way.

No, the guy I'm thinking of was worse. A lot worse. Like, "send numerous harassing PMs and wall posts, and then make a stupid image macro with my face and plaster it all over the forums in a fit of account suicide" worse.

Oh yeah I remember that guy ahahaha

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By DoctorWelch

@Jrinswand said:

@AjayRaz said:

@Turambar said:

@Jrinswand said:

@Hailinel said:

@Marz said:

So can i make a page for myself if i'm in the credits for Mechwarrior Online?

A lot of people have done the same. Hell, I've done it, though I've kept the page bare to a minimum beyond my credits on purpose because I don't want to turn it into some ridiculous vanity page.

I demand to know who you are.

You and me both, haha.

i found it, but i'm keepin' my text-based mouth shut~

Yeah, I did too. It was really easy, actually. Dude broke the number one rule of internet usage: keep user names distinct.

Yup, I'm pretty sure I just found out with about two clicks of my mouse lol. This whole thing is something I wonder about sometimes though. Like, who the hell are these people I converse with on the internet?

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By PillClinton

@DoctorWelch: huh, that was pretty easy, wasn't it? Just had to think about it for like a second. Agreed about the internet usage rule too. ;P

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@punkxblaze said:

I can't believe this is actually a fucking thread.

Me neither. He is a co-founder of the site the OP posted his thread on, and he asks: why does he have a page?

@Skyfire543 said:

@Fattony12000 said:

HE IS MY EVERYTHING.

No Caption Provided

He looks like a welder who happens to be a hummingbird enthusiast. Not all birds though, specifically hummingbirds.

He also looks like the hummingbird enthusiast version of Jason Voorhees. All he needs now is a chainsaw or something.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@AlexanderSheen said:

@punkxblaze said:

I can't believe this is actually a fucking thread.

Me neither. He is a co-founder of the site the OP posted his thread on, and he asks: why does he have a page?

@Skyfire543 said:

@Fattony12000 said:

HE IS MY EVERYTHING.

No Caption Provided

He looks like a welder who happens to be a hummingbird enthusiast. Not all birds though, specifically hummingbirds.

He also looks like the hummingbird enthusiast version of Jason Voorhees. All he needs now is a chainsaw or something.

If Jason Voorhees had hummingbirds all over his face for the entire film it would have been so much better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That mask looks nothing like what I imagined and not remotely like a wrestling mask :-( Well, Hummingbird Shockmaster, maybe …

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Skyfire543 said:

No Caption Provided

If Jason Voorhees had hummingbirds all over his face for the entire film it would have been so much better.

I can imagine a modern version of this, where there is a POV scene from Ryan's face and you can see the birds in 3D, all up in your grill. Make this happen Hollywood!

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#59  Edited By Video_Game_King

@PixelPrinny said:

Like it's not vain if you make a page dedicated to yourself, but it is if you actually fill that page out? That's just pure arbitrary nonsense right there.

I imagine it's more in degree than what you're implying. Like filling in a couple of sentences is perfectly fine, some brief info beyond that is fine, but posting your entire biography is crossing the line. Personally, I'm more creeped out when the top editor for a person page isn't the person it's about. Even more so if it's a wide margin.

@PixelPrinny said:

It's sad how much of a faux pas it is to be a bit vain when it comes to nerd culture. Like if you do, you're suddenly looked up as some Jersey Shore freak or something. Le sigh.

Also sprach Prinnythustra
    Also sprach Prinnythustra
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#60  Edited By ZombiePie

This forum topic has gotten horribly off topic. On the matter of Ryan having a wiki page he was given a "Special Thanks" in Guitar Hero and that's enough to warrant him being in the database.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.