The Rymdkapsel wiki last edited by l3illyl3ob on 06/01/13 01:06PM
View full history
Rymdkapsel is an abstract space station management sim by Grapefrukt Games with base building and wave-based defense aspects. The game was released May of 2013 for Playstation Mobile devices, and is due out for IOS and Android devices July of 2013.
Rymdkapsel is a Swedish word that directly translates into Space capsule.
Basic gameplay consists of laying down corridors and rooms in order to gather resources, expand your population, and defend the station. The layout of your station is constructed using randomly assigned Tetrominos. The shape of the room or corridor you're placing has to be the shape of the currently active Tetromino in the queue. You manage your workers by assigning them to various tasks, which their AI will undertake. If they have nothing to do in a task, they fall asleep on the spot. There are three resources in the game, Blue, Pink, and Yellow. Blue and Yellow resources are infinitely renewable, but Pink resources must be extracted from limited the sources of resource deposits available. Scattered throughout the map are special monuments that can be researched. It is beneficial to build over to a monument in order to be able to research it, but in doing so you spread out your base and make it more difficult to defend. Researching a monument gives you special bonuses, like faster workers or more efficient extractors. There are 26 total waves of enemies, and each wave arrives progressively faster, than the last, and they get progressively more enemies.
- Corridor: The most basic room, all other rooms must be connected to a corridor, including other corridors.
- Extractor: Creates the Pink resource by extracting it from the resource deposits scattered throughout the map. Must be built adjacent to both a deposit and a corridor.
- Reactor: Creates the Blue resource automatically without any further input. Assigning engineers will speed up production.
- Garden: Creates green stuff (presumably plant matter) automatically.
- Kitchen: Processes green stuff into the Yellow resource. Requires workers on Food Service to carry green stuff into it and process it. Placing the Garden and Kitchen next to each other is ideal.
- Weapons: Holds two weapons for your workers to defend themselves with. Defense must be done inside the Weapons room, and a worker must be on Defense duty to use the weapons. Strategically place these rooms in places close to your centers of activity, or else your workers might take too long to get to them, and be defenseless.
- Quarters: Each Quarters allows two additional workers to live in your station. You need workers on Food Service in order to move Yellow resources from the Kitchen to the Quarters, which will create a new worker.