Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

How are we enjoying this so far?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

Seeing as there* hasn't been much activity on this board for a little while, and since Saints Row: The Third now has a wide release, how is everybody enjoying the game?

Surprised? Shocked? Appalled? In love? Bad Boys 3? Excited?

I still have to wait about four hours until I get home, since I'm currently slavin' it up at work at the moment, but I shall have a glorious night once I arrive in Steelport.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

I'll let you know when m y copy arrives in the mail.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I'm loving it, its over the top fun, no nonsense and the controls feel tight.
    The new characters are also quite loveable, especially Zimos the pimp and Oleg.
    Bit lame they took out Fuzz as that was my fav activity but ah well.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm

@TaliciaDragonsong: Sooo, chainsaws are standard police issue, right?

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @Napalm: We need you to break up the battle of the century between pirates and ninja's, here, use this minigun.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Afroman269

@DonChipotle said:

I'll let you know when m y copy arrives in the mail.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By napalm

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@Napalm: We need you to break up the battle of the century between pirates and ninja's, here, use this minigun.

We need you to stop the hoes from fighting back their pimps. Here's a baseball bat!

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @Napalm said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

We need you to stop the hoes from fighting back their pimps. Here's a baseball bat!

We just got a report someone littered the street, use this RPG.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DonPixel

I played 5 hours of it after steam unlock it yesterday, I like it so far Game is good fun.

-The characters, jokes, dialogue, radio stations, environments and plot are hilarious

-Weapons, gadgets and vehicles are fun to play with

-Side activities are weird ass funny crazy mini games

-I love how the game let's you customize every thing customizable: your gang, vehicles, guns appearance etc.

-Mechanically: Shooting is alright nothing impressive with a super arcade feel to it, same thing can be said about driving.

-Last but not leas buying properties around the city is good fun.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By dagas

I'm playing through SR2 again (this time in co-op) and my friend who I will borrow SR3 from (because I'm to poor too buy it right now) has to buy it first and he won't until he finishes Skyrim. Really looking forward to it though, been playing around with the character creator thing. I spent hours in SR2 driving back and forth between the clothing stores and plastic surgeon to get my character just right. It's great that in SR3 you seem to be able to choose clothes at the same time as creating the character.

Also I really like the comedy in SR2 so hope that is still in SR3. I really like the first Ronin mission when the dude comes up with a delicate heist type of plan only to have another guy say "Let's just start here at the enterence, walk in and shoot every motherfucker between us and the money" and your character agrees ^^

kwyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By kwyee

Loving it.

• Took a bit of getting used to as the cars feel very heavy and understeery compared to SR2. Tweaking camera control settings to "Delayed" helped as did upgrading cars.
    • First mission bank robbery and the airplane (from the trailers) was somewhat boring
    • Story is not as interesting as SR2 :|
    • Dialog for the cockney accent doesn't sound as badass as SR2 :|
    • Character creator isn't as robust as SR2. Why can't I be scrawny?
    • Lots of way more convenient things in the game make it more fun than SR2 like being able to call for cars, buying your bonuses (instead of completing activities to unlock), tighter driving + shooting, etc.
    • Old activities are fun, new ones are funner. Love Professor Genki's activity. :D
    ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ttocs

Picking mine up in about 30 minutes when I get off work. Been looking forward to this one for a while now.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By darkvare

i'm loving it, i went on a ball punching rampage and already got my ow my balls trophy

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gike987

I played the first few missions, the game seems really good, after that I went back to Skyrim. I will probably play it more next month when I'm done with Skyrim.

The audio was a little weird, sounds were sometimes coming from the wrong directions and the cutscenes were much louder than the gameplay.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sanity

First few missions were great, really enjoying it so far.

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gunstar

Can you not do ALL the diversions before starting the main missions like in SR2? Me and my friend did about 15 and then we couldn't find anymore on our map. That was one of my favorite parts of the game in SR2 coop.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By darkvare

i dunno but i was driving around and some activities were greyed out

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By SMTDante89

My copy is at home, but I'm stuck on campus until Friday. Needless to say, Friday can't come soon enough.

Huecomundo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Huecomundo21

Played for about 2 hours, really fun and wacky. The only problem for me is the headset I bought with the collector's edition. Doesn't seem to be working -_-

EDIT: Seems as though that the headset needs 2 AAA batteries. Had to find out through the Saints Row the third website. Guess a lot of people had this problem.

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Phoenix778m

Professor Genki missions are super fun and the announcers and concept is hilarious.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By Yummylee

I HAVE TO WAIT TILL FRIDAY, POSSIBLY THURSDAY SINCE I PREORDERED IT ONLINE, BECAUSE OF EFFED UP EURO RELEASE DATES GODDAMNIT GODDAMN IT GODDAMNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

SORRY ABOUT CAPS, IT'S JUST I HAVE THIS STRANGE COMPULSION TO TYPE THIS WAY INVOLVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH SAINTS ROW THE THIRD; IT JUST SEEMS ODDLY APPROPRIATE.

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yyZiggurat

I'm new the the series and I really love it. The Genki S.E.R.C. Activities are really fun. Did anyone else pre-order? Once I got the message that the Professor Genki weapons/suit were available, an NPC Genki started appearing in the world. He goes around beating civilians and he CAN NOT BE KILLED. You get an "Unethical" if you shoot him with the Octopi gun.

lazyartist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lazyartist

this game is my new life

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hbkdx12
    Dumped in about 6 hrs andI'm literally on the second, unforced mission (just bought some clothes and fought a brute) and i can say that i will love this game endless and that it's probably going to be my GOTY. 

Love the economy in this game. I've done tons of activities (the ones that are available to me at this point) and have received a bunch of money but i can't never seem to hold onto any of it. Your money and ur level always has a purpose. SR2 suffered from then open world trapfall of grinding early on only to have tons of money with nothing to do or spend it on. SR3 remedies this beautifully.

@HomemadeZiggurat: According to one of the devs that posts on GAF, Genki is killiable but he's insanely strong and packs some pretty heavy weaponry. If you can take him down you'll allegedly be handsomely rewarded with lots of money.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Branthog

I just finished SR3 and I have to say that it might be the most fun I've had in any game in at least a year and that's including having recently replayed SR1 and SR2. It's hard to play this without constantly smiling and laughing. Everything is just so over the top, absurd, and amusing. 

There are some activity types that aren't great and that get worse as the difficulty ramps up, but you really don't have to do that many of them just to make it through the game itself (and I'm sure everyone's favorite and worst activities are different).

I'm really interested to see what they accomplish in SR4. Especially if it's going to be on the next generation of consoles. With Volition's imagination and no-bounds design and stories, they could really push the limits.

Also, this game pretty much won me over with the Sublime bit. 

Thanks, Volition. Now I remember why I love videogames. :D

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HomemadeZiggurat said:

I'm new the the series and I really love it. The Genki S.E.R.C. Activities are really fun. Did anyone else pre-order? Once I got the message that the Professor Genki weapons/suit were available, an NPC Genki started appearing in the world. He goes around beating civilians and he CAN NOT BE KILLED. You get an "Unethical" if you shoot him with the Octopi gun.

He CAN be killed, he just takes an insane amount of punishment before he dies.
    Its totally worth it though, he dropped 300,000$ for me!

The cutscenes and characters are, bluntly put, fucking ace.
    Love my MC's voice acting, love the supporting cast (Zimos for president, what a guy) and the action is awesome.
    While I still miss Fuzz so much, I'm enjoying Genki's show and Guardian Angel, real cool and real fun.
    I got this amazing looking steampunk saint, the clothes are awesome.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By Hailinel

Everything that Zimos says is gold. Pure gold!

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hbkdx12
    @Hailinel said:

Everything that Zimos says is gold. Pure gold!

Zimos would be my favorite character of this Gen if they managed to make everything he said rhyme. Would have been a HUGE undertaking im sure but damn it if that wouldn't be the shit
    Hellstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hellstrom

I loved it.

All the characters were great. The humor & jokes were great. The soundtrack was great. Its over the topness was great. Can't wait for the fourth.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By plaintomato

It's good. But not great. If I hadn't already played probably 400 hours of urban sand box games in my life I would probably be blown away. As it is, it's a cool distraction, but it's just not drawing me in. I'm not running to return it or anything, I'm sure I'll keep this around until GTAV comes out, but I know I won't complete it before I move on to something else.

I would recommend it over GTA:SA, just because why not try something new? And it is funny, irreverent, and has a lot of options and activities and chaos - it's a full digital assault on your senses; but not a game that pulls you in. I expected this to be just what I needed for a change up after Dark Souls and before Skyrim, but it's not keeping my attention.

I pre-ordered SR3 because the Genki pack looked so awesome. And it's cool, but honestly I played around with it for a few minutes and wouldn't miss the Genki pack if I didn't have it. It's like a whoopi cushion - great laughs...if only for a few minutes - actually that about describes my feeling on the game in general, but it's a few minutes I could revisit again and again when the impulse to mow down some bitches strikes.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By napalm
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    @HomemadeZiggurat said:

He CAN be killed, he just takes an insane amount of punishment before he dies. Its totally worth it though, he dropped 300,000$ for me!  The cutscenes and characters are, bluntly put, fucking ace. Love my MC's voice acting, love the supporting cast (Zimos for president, what a guy) and the action is awesome. While I still miss Fuzz so much, I'm enjoying Genki's show and Guardian Angel, real cool and real fun. I got this amazing looking steampunk saint, the clothes are awesome.
    I gave Professor Genki like, eight or nine nutshots with the shotgun to put him down. He also dropped $100,000 for me, which was great for buying some big properties in the beginning.
    frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By frytup

It's just what I needed right now. I don't have the time to slog through 60 hours of Bethesda's latest epic, but big, loud, stupid, and fun is perfect.

This is the first SR I've played, and it's actually much higher quality than I expected. The PC graphics are quite good, the cut scenes are well done, and the end game content is spectacularly ridiculous.

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ulong

I got this game on a whim cause I thought, "this game looks funny, and easy going", and I needed something to play when I want a break between Skyrim sessions.

A few days Later and I haven't played Skyrim again. I'll get back to Skyrim(cause it's awesome too), now that I beat SR3.
    I was blown away by the quality of this game, I thought I'd get a few laughs and have a bit of fun, but it is easily the best game open world action game I've ever played. It's not perfect, some of the "Taking over the city activities" kind of suck, but those are also almost all skipable if you want to(though I didn't, completionist)
     But the story missions were PERFECT, the game was genuinely funny,  not just in the stupid toilet humour way, but actual good jokes throughout too, and I had a dumb grin on my face most of the game.  The Voice acting was also (for the most part), extremly well done, which I was not expecting at all from a silly comedy action game like this.

GOTY so far in a really big fucking year for games. (Dark souls, UC3, UMVC3, Skyrim) aswell as games from more than the last couple months that I'm sure are slipping my mind at this moment.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Scotto

Skyrim is still my game of the year, but this game is definitely my surprise of the year. I'm actually sad that I'm done the story, because the side missions are a bit bland, but the main missions were awesome.

Jeff had it right on the podcast - some of the things that happen in this game, are the best things ever in a video game. And the dialogue/voices are great.

- Scott

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I like it.

As other have said, It is over the top and fun for the most part.

Even though I hate the voice of that pimp guy.

@Napalm: I've only seen him once, shot him a few times and he left. I don't remember getting anything. I'm not saying he doesn't drop stuff, just saying I thought it was some weird mistake originally :P

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By napalm
    @Still_I_Cry said:

@Napalm: I've only seen him once, shot him a few times and he left. I don't remember getting anything. I'm not saying he doesn't drop stuff, just saying I thought it was some weird mistake originally :P

He was wielding a rocket launcher, so I couldn't exactly just let him do whatever. I had to put down that furry cat!
    Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Napalm said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

He was wielding a rocket launcher, so I couldn't exactly just let him do whatever. I had to put down that furry cat!

What is this you say about cats :P?

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By sins_of_mosin

The story missions are great. The side missions are generally pretty fun. Some I like better then others. I think the comedy is good and the game plays really well.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#40  Edited By fox01313

Enjoying it so far except for the idea that if I store a vehicle in the garage, I can't take it to a chopshop for them to pay me for & take it out of my inventory. Had the worse time trying to get a commander (ship) to the chopshop due to the stupid gps going all over the place or not registering. Will say that for the Prof. Genki stuff, unless it's the easy one, be sure to just wait until after some upgrades to try them as they will get rather tough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.