Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Complex

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 19, 2009

Reluctant hero Jason Fleming investigates a hidden underground complex to rescue his girlfriend Claire in this Metroid-style action-adventure game.

Will there be an upside down complex?

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrRedwine

Remember in Castlevania: SOTN there was an upside down castle?  Could there be an upside down version of the compound found in Shadow Complex?

Look at the title of the game in the "box art"  See how the M and W mirror each other?  Could this be a hint?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

That would be pretty sweet. If I had to guess though I would say probably not. Although they have openly stated that Castlevania provided direct inspiration so who knows.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain

What would be the point? Spending all that extra time to make sure the level design works both upside down and rightside up, for nothing more than a simple easter egg reference? If they want to add more gameplay i'm sure they can find a way to do it that fits the game a little better. 

I guess it's possible though, stranger things have happened. But I really don't see it happening given all the gameplay we've seen so far, especially the turret gun parts and whatnot, unless those are completely remove for the mirrored complex then I guess maybe, but I still don't see it happening.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

The upside down castle was just the layout mirrored, it had all new enemies and stuff, so if they went that route of course you wouldn't have the same turret locations etc. But no, I don't think they'll do it as it just doesn't seem fit the game's style, though I suppose it could be a bonus mode that doesn't try to integrate itself into the storyline and setting like it did in Symphony of the Night.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Jambones

Yeah, I highly doubt it would happen, but they have talked about there being plenty of easter-eggs in there, so who knows what goodies are hidden away.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By trophyhunter

no

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

Yeah man. If you defeat your girlfriend in the optional boss fight(you gotta find the two card keys -- gold and silver -- and equip them in the room with the digital clock) to prove your strength, she'll give you night vision goggles. Equip them in the final boss battle against your friend, and you should be able to see the cyberninja that's controlling him. Attack the ninja, and the microchip in your friend's brain will stop working. After a brief cutscene, the cyberninja will then retreat to the upside down complex, and you'll get access to it.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By cloneslayer

I hope so. They wouldn't have to design it to account for being upside down because like SOTN you probably have enough mobility options that the locations of doors and platforms aren't a factor.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " The upside down castle was just the layout mirrored, it had all new enemies and stuff, so if they went that route of course you wouldn't have the same turret locations etc. But no, I don't think they'll do it as it just doesn't seem fit the game's style, though I suppose it could be a bonus mode that doesn't try to integrate itself into the storyline and setting like it did in Symphony of the Night. "
    Yeah that's true, but even without locations for specific events like that, the geometry of the world needs to work both ways up, which is a pretty hefty design decision for a simple easter egg. And if it's a cheeky little bonus kind of thing, it's way too much work for something so insignificant. 

But like I said, stranger things have happened :\
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well it also depends on what skills you get in the game. It worked in SOTN because you had the super jump and bat/fog transofmraitons so you could travel anywhere regardless of the layout. It could apply to this too if later on you get some grappling hook and maybe scaling abilities...

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

I saw a video with the character walking on the ceiling with those friction boots I think, so it's sort of like an upside down room....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.