Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 23, 2013

The fourth numbered entry in Atlus's RPG series of occult-themed tales in a post-apocalyptic world.

Shin Megami Tensei IV website updates

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By eirikr

The Japanese SMTIV website has been slightly revamped, this time with some pretty sick beats.

http://megaten4.jp/

That's in all likelihood Meguro, but he's a man of many mysteries as we are all aware. It's goddamn awesome in any case.

I believe the first text says something along the lines of "Start Demon Summoning Program" and after it loads it just talks about the trailer included with Soul Hackers.

I suppose from here on out the site will see regular updates at certain intervals. Oh, I'm gonna stay tuned all right.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@Eirikr: You think it's Meguro? I thought the SMTIV teaser hinted a decent bit at a female lead character that looked a bit like that silhouette.

Soren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Soren

Man, the beats they've released so far have been well and good, but this is the sickest beat of them all.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By eirikr

@TruthTellah said:

@Eirikr: You think it's Meguro? I thought the SMTIV teaser hinted a decent bit at a female lead character that looked a bit like that silhouette.

Yeah, it's been pretty ambiguous as to the main character's gender. I was honestly hoping the game would have not only a selectable gender, but race as well. I want to be a white dude facing the Japanese apocalypse, just like I do everyday in real life.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By ashogo

I am behind this music 100%.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

@Soren said:

Man, the beats they've released so far have been well and good, but this is the sickest beat of them all.

This is truth, right here.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By coakroach

Hurry up and sell me a 3DS, Atlus

Amethus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Amethus

This sounds so good. That Nocturne remix was one thing, had me wanting to replay it but this just makes me more excited for 4.

As for who composed it, I think Kenichi Tsuchiya is working on the game so it could be him.

delsaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By delsaber

Agreed; Kenichi Tsuchiya is a solid guess. It sounds more electronic than Shoji Meguro's usual, though he has drifted in that direction before.... but still. Meguro's a busy man these days, y'know? Can he really be everywhere so far as Atlus projects are concerned?

If it's not Tsuchiya, I suppose it could also be Atsushi Kitajoh. There's stuff on his various Trauma Center soundtracks that's pretty close to this.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eirikr

Slight update! A teaser for the second trailer will be shown on Nico Nico (and I think Youtube as well) on the 17th @ 9PM Japan time. The full trailer will be shown at Sega's booth at TGS 2012 next weekend. GOOD THING I'M ALREADY GOING, FUUUUU (don't worry, it should be leaked or just released in short order)

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Animasta

wait, why are they showing at sega's booth?

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eirikr

@Animasta said:

Because Atlus normally doesn't have a TGS presence. I'm honestly surprised it'll be there at all! Apparently something similar happened with Catherine where it was shown courtesy of another company's booth.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hailinel

@Eirikr said:

@Animasta said:

Because Atlus normally doesn't have a TGS presence. I'm honestly surprised it'll be there at all! Apparently something similar happened with Catherine where it was shown courtesy of another company's booth.

The situation was similar at PAX last year. I don't remember what company it was, but Atlus's booth was part of a larger area that was sponsored by another company. The area was divided between several different game companies.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By wadtomaton

Sooooo...threw the site up in the background probably an hour ago...still playing. So good XD

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By pekoe212

Oh maaaan, that music has got me officially excited. I want to be playing an SMT game RIGHT NOW.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mutha3
    @Eirikr said:

Slight update! A teaser for the second trailer will be shown on Nico Nico (and I think Youtube as well) on the 17th @ 9PM Japan time. The full trailer will be shown at Sega's booth at TGS 2012 next weekend.

Why are you making it harder for me to see a goddamn trailer for your product, videogame companies?
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eirikr

The site is now officially official! Nothing new so far except the uncut trailer that's been posted elsewhere, but I'm sure it's gonna have updates either weekly or bi-weekly.

Also, the new horrendous demon designs seem to be bosses, at least from these first looks. I'd be much more approving of such a direction.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hailinel

@Eirikr said:

The site is now officially official! Nothing new so far except the uncut trailer that's been posted elsewhere, but I'm sure it's gonna have updates either weekly or bi-weekly.

Also, the new horrendous demon designs seem to be bosses, at least from these first looks. I'd be much more approving of such a direction.

Yeah, I saw at least a couple of recognizable designs in the trailer. (Granted, it would be insane if Jack Frost weren't in the game, but still.)

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By eirikr

@Hailinel: Jack is totally in there, in a Famitsu screenshot.

I'm still weirded out that they haven't shown Cu Chulainn. Maybe it's because he'll look like a trapezoid with wings in this game or something. :p

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By eirikr

The SMT IV website saw a significant update with the details and pictures of new characters Kaga, Tayama, and the "Black Samurai," plus details about the society in the latest post-apocalyptic Tokyo.

ashogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By ashogo

Now who could this character be? She seems to be wearing a demonica identical to the ones worn in Strange Journey. Can anyone translate?

No Caption Provided
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Not a website update, but Famitsu has confirmed that SMT IV uses the press turn system and describes how players may revive after dying.

- Siliconera

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.