I am level 5 and this happened

#1 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

I let the game run almost all night, I picked up the controller joined some club and headed back to the Dorm. I haven't cleared the third floor yet so I start from the beginning kill an enemy then stop and go out to lunch I come back two of my characters are dead and some reaper dude is standing there waiting for me to a make move I rez the girl he then in turn one shots her and then one shots me doing over 1400 damage. Can anyone explain what the hell that thing was so I don't run into it again!!! :(

#2 Posted by Boxing_Snatcher (20 posts) -

I believe it comes when you stay on a floor too long.

#3 Edited by endaround (2142 posts) -

If you spend too much time on any floor Death shows up. Death will kill you. Until you are strong enough to kill Death (around level 60).

#4 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -

Death comes for those who wait.

#5 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

They're a random enemy that spawns when you pick an unlucky card from a shuffle or they just spawn randomly on some floors. They will actively seek you out to kill you, so it's best to avoid them when they come up.

#6 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

yea the reaper comes when you stay on a floor to long, dont worry you can get your revenge later

#7 Posted by dagas (2791 posts) -

I played the game twice on PS2 and played quite a bit on PSP and that never happened to me. But then I was going through the floors pretty fast.

#8 Posted by EightBitShik (1334 posts) -

Thanks for the information guys....I just woke up fell a sleep playing and it happened again.....must not sleep or leave ever aahhh

#9 Posted by Metalisticpain (71 posts) -

Just open the menu if your going to leave it on.

#10 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

Try saving then turning the game off? He will also show up later on randomly, even if you were only just getting on the floor.

#11 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1610 posts) -

The Reaper is the Baron von Blubba of Persona 3.

#12 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

ah i remember the days of running from the reaper.. then i kicked his ass and laughed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.