Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Persona 3 FES Endurance Run (Part 10)

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Edited By WickedCestus

We are starting to get to a point in this game where fighting is not only a major thing, but practically the only thing. We did a lot of fighting last session, which is why this will probably be a very short post. The Social Links we did do, however, were all quite important, which is great because there were only three of them.

As usual, I shall start with the S. Linking. We began by making it to Rank 10 with Tanaka! He decided to donate to charity to help his image! What a guy. This was by far the easiest Rank 10 so far and the least emotionally involving. We just kind of listened to him talk about his shady-ass business. But our Rank 10 with Yuko was way more exciting! We totally boned. I know they don't say it explicitly, but DUDE. It was so obvious. I don't remember Persona 4 being so damn obvious about it. I mean, it practically just came up and said, "You fucked her." Jesus Christ.

We also got to rank 9 with Gourmet King! His cult is starting to blow up in his face, and some guys are threatening to beat him the hell up. Obviously, we had to protect him, and then BAM Rank 9. I really like the Gourmet King's craziness, so I'll be sad to have to Rank 10 with him. I'm also still kind of sad about seven-year old girl moving away. I keep going to the shrine to find her, and then remembering that she's gone. It especially sucks when there's no one else to hang out with.

Now we must talk about fighting, for some of it happened. We decided that Mitsuru was not pulling her weight, so we gave Ken a shot. He didn't Marin Karin a single thing the whole time! It was awesome! It's good to have a lightning man and a lot of the monsters in this block are weak to light and dark as well. We thought about putting Shinji in but Robot Lady does physical attacks pretty well for us. We made it to a mid-boss but died due to our lack of Bufu-ness. So, back to Mitsuru we went. She only tried to Marin Karin it once! We're still sticking with Ken though. We made it to the boss of this block but haven't got around to fighting it yet. Because I was too busy freaking the heck out.

Some weird-ass things were happening during our fights. We finally saw Death, which was cool because Fuuka just said, "I sense Death", which just sounds silly to us. At one point, we had a shadow climb up stairs to get us!  That may not sound weird, but every other shadow we've met has refused to climb up stairs to get us, which allows us to exploit that by drawing them towards stairs and them attacking them while they're vulnerable. We tried to trick this one, and he was having none of it. He just climbed up those stairs like no body's business! It scared the fuck out of me! Speaking of weird-ass shit, that reminds me of one time a little while ago when we were trying to attack a monster that was standing next to a chest. We pressed X to grab the contents of the chest, but the game decided stabbing the chest was a great idea. Which it turned out to be, because our sword created a magic portal that teleported half of our sword into the back of the monster two feet to our left! It was the greatest thing I have ever seen!

We didn't get any new story content this time, because as I said we only played a week of game time. That's why this is a short update. By the way, these updates might get a bit more irregular as real school starts this week. We'll have less time to play, and I'll also have less time to write. So, there you go! Part 10 is done!    

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By WickedCestus

We are starting to get to a point in this game where fighting is not only a major thing, but practically the only thing. We did a lot of fighting last session, which is why this will probably be a very short post. The Social Links we did do, however, were all quite important, which is great because there were only three of them.

As usual, I shall start with the S. Linking. We began by making it to Rank 10 with Tanaka! He decided to donate to charity to help his image! What a guy. This was by far the easiest Rank 10 so far and the least emotionally involving. We just kind of listened to him talk about his shady-ass business. But our Rank 10 with Yuko was way more exciting! We totally boned. I know they don't say it explicitly, but DUDE. It was so obvious. I don't remember Persona 4 being so damn obvious about it. I mean, it practically just came up and said, "You fucked her." Jesus Christ.

We also got to rank 9 with Gourmet King! His cult is starting to blow up in his face, and some guys are threatening to beat him the hell up. Obviously, we had to protect him, and then BAM Rank 9. I really like the Gourmet King's craziness, so I'll be sad to have to Rank 10 with him. I'm also still kind of sad about seven-year old girl moving away. I keep going to the shrine to find her, and then remembering that she's gone. It especially sucks when there's no one else to hang out with.

Now we must talk about fighting, for some of it happened. We decided that Mitsuru was not pulling her weight, so we gave Ken a shot. He didn't Marin Karin a single thing the whole time! It was awesome! It's good to have a lightning man and a lot of the monsters in this block are weak to light and dark as well. We thought about putting Shinji in but Robot Lady does physical attacks pretty well for us. We made it to a mid-boss but died due to our lack of Bufu-ness. So, back to Mitsuru we went. She only tried to Marin Karin it once! We're still sticking with Ken though. We made it to the boss of this block but haven't got around to fighting it yet. Because I was too busy freaking the heck out.

Some weird-ass things were happening during our fights. We finally saw Death, which was cool because Fuuka just said, "I sense Death", which just sounds silly to us. At one point, we had a shadow climb up stairs to get us!  That may not sound weird, but every other shadow we've met has refused to climb up stairs to get us, which allows us to exploit that by drawing them towards stairs and them attacking them while they're vulnerable. We tried to trick this one, and he was having none of it. He just climbed up those stairs like no body's business! It scared the fuck out of me! Speaking of weird-ass shit, that reminds me of one time a little while ago when we were trying to attack a monster that was standing next to a chest. We pressed X to grab the contents of the chest, but the game decided stabbing the chest was a great idea. Which it turned out to be, because our sword created a magic portal that teleported half of our sword into the back of the monster two feet to our left! It was the greatest thing I have ever seen!

We didn't get any new story content this time, because as I said we only played a week of game time. That's why this is a short update. By the way, these updates might get a bit more irregular as real school starts this week. We'll have less time to play, and I'll also have less time to write. So, there you go! Part 10 is done!    

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

It's interesting reading these because it seems you're S Linking with all the people that I'm not S Linking with. I don't even bother talking to the Gourmet King because he's a fat loser that will waste the time I could be spending with Chihiro or some other cool chick..... maybe on my next playthrough.... 

Oh, and Death is pretty messed up. I got him during Shuffle Time once. I'm still trying to figure out the perfect party. Going to go back into Tartarus tomorrow and do some experimenting. It sucks though because I have to make sure we don't get tired, and there's only about 12 days till the last Shadow boss for me. Ahhh!

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @natetodamax:  There's a real simple way to take care of Death, all you need is a certain S.link to level 10.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By natetodamax
    @SpiralStairs: I'm guessing Pharos?
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpiralStairs
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By natetodamax
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpiralStairs
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Catolf
    @SpiralStairs said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " @SpiralStairs:  

"
    lol :P "
    I just waited to fight death until I was in the 90's sense I didn't have a finished S.Link with him,I am doing it in P3P this time though.

On Topic things were get very tense story wise soon which made me not like a certain character for a while that was in my party << XP

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.