Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 19, 2007

This expanded edition of Persona 3 adds additional content and a continuation of the original game's storyline.

Taking others off auto attack

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Heartagram

So i cant figure out how to get the others to stop just doing whatever it is they want if anyone could help me that would be much appreciated

EvangelBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvangelBlue

In persona 3, you can't

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By eirikr

You'll quickly learn to appreciate the rush command.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Stang

Tactics menu is all you have, and it is limited. For the most part your team does the right thing..besides a certain somebody who loves to spam fucking Marin Karin at the most inappropriate times.

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By eldiax

you can if you select stand by from the tactics menu, but im not sure if you have that option from the start.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By FlipperDesert
    @Stang said:
    " Tactics menu is all you have, and it is limited. For the most part your team does the right thing..besides a certain somebody who loves to spam fucking Marin Karin at the most inappropriate times. "
    Yukari makes a good healer, and Junpei's your fighter at the start.
    Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Heartagram

ah ok then i was watching the endurance run and decided to get 3 first heh.

Don't feel quite as dumb now =D

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By rentfn

I was wondering that same thing. Thanks Forum.

Also do you have to chat with the party member each time you want to change their gear or is there an easier way?

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By eirikr
    @rentfn said:
    " I was wondering that same thing. Thanks Forum.Also do you have to chat with the party member each time you want to change their gear or is there an easier way? "
    Stupidly, there isn't.
    rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By rentfn

Well thats a bummer. I'll get through this one and then enjoy all the improvements of the 4th!

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By BradBrains
    @Stang said:
    " Tactics menu is all you have, and it is limited. For the most part your team does the right thing..besides a certain somebody who loves to spam fucking Marin Karin at the most inappropriate times. "
    damn i hate that.
    also sometimes they use there regular moves rather than there "ma" spells wasting some sp
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stang
    @Darkstalker said:
    " @Stang said:
    damn i hate that. also sometimes they use there regular moves rather than there "ma" spells wasting some sp "
    Another thing that pisses me off that is somewhat similar to what you just mentioned: Lets say there is a group of 3 shadows all weak to ice. Dumb bitch Mitsuru will bufu a single enemy, and for the follow up attack will physically hit the downed enemy, instead of bufu'ing the 2 other shadows. Besides the Marin Karin spamming, this is really the only other mechanic that pisses me off. I can deal with wasting sp by not optimizing spell usage, not this though.
    Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ouroboros
    @Stang: Yeah, very important to manage your tactics and switch people to Down Enemies - or whatever it is, in the tactics menu.

Honestly, I have major beefs with going back to P3 after P4 but aside from the menu management system where you cant equip your party outside of a dungeon, I'd take P3 anyday.  The game is much harder and it doesnt fuck around, especially Moad or whatever that bonus dungeon is called that opens up at the end of the game, and the whole epilogue - The Answer.  The game is a lot more rewarding and if you can get through it you'll appreciate the game more than P4.
    rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By rinkalicous

Mitsuru made me rage today.

I was against a boss who spammed strong lighting spells, which meant Yukari was out of the picture pretty much instantly. Whatever, I thought, Mitsuru and Akihiko are more then good enough to handle this. I was wrong.

Mitsuru had been taking stupid pills or something, and instead of using bufu (which my character had already proved worked fine) she'd simply run up to the boss and hit him, every single turn.

Ok, I thought, if she's going to be like that, I'll set her to the 'Support' tactic.

This was all well and good, until Akihiko got poisoned. At this point, Mitsuru decided that her greatest priority was to heal the 35 points of damage he was taking using Diarama, whilst I was standing just the other side, with just 18hp left. No matter what happened, Mitsuru wouldn't lay off casting Diarama at Akihiko. This meant I had to spend the whole damn match keeping me and Mitsuru healed (not an easy task; this boss hit hard) whilst Akihiko slowly chipped away at him. Needless to say the fight lasted goddam near forever, as Akihiko was the only one available to do any damage, as Mitsuru was tied up being an idiot, and I was tied up trying to keep said idiot and myself alive.

I swear; if I see Mitsuru in real life, someone best hold me back, or I'm taking her down. I've rarely sworn at an in-game character so much in my life. She was one of my best characters, but rest assured she is never setting foot in Tartarus again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.