Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 13, 2006

Persona 3 is the fourth main entry in the Persona series. Introducing the "Social Link" system and removing several Shin Megami Tensei staples including the post-apocalyptic setting, Persona 3 greatly expanded the popularity of the series, particularly in the west. It also established the balance of traditional role-playing combat and social simulation that would define the series going forward.

My Journey to Extra Life 2014: Persona 3 - Week 2

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By meatsofevil
    No Caption Provided

Hi there! - stream schedule info!

As some of you may already know, I started streaming my playthrough of Persona 3 as a lead up to Extra Life 2014. I have been streaming every day for two weeks now, mostly between 8am and 12pm. I have made a change to that schedule, and will be streaming at 8PM two nights a week.

This week those nights will be:

Tuesday Sept. 23rd @ 8pm CST - DAY 16

Friday Sept. 26th @ 8pm CST - DAY 19

Every other day I will still be streaming between 8am - 12pm CST (sorry I'm crazy!)

My stream will be here: http://www.twitch.tv/meatsoevil

and if you would like to donate please do so here: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/luismartinez

Also if you have any thoughts, questions, or suggestions please let me know!

Recap Time!

Displayed play time: 19hr 4m

Player Level: 24

Day 8 - pushing it

lots of fighting shadows
    lots of fighting shadows
    and occasionally a boss
    and occasionally a boss
    and getting completely screwed by lucky AI
    and getting completely screwed by lucky AI

Day 9 - full moon time!

NOPE! THANKS FOR ASKING!
    NOPE! THANKS FOR ASKING!
    well....bahahahahahah! sorry sorry I couldn't help it
    well....bahahahahahah! sorry sorry I couldn't help it

oh yeah?
    oh yeah?
    Rescue time! Full moon style!
    Rescue time! Full moon style!

always be using the restroom
    always be using the restroom

DUDE WHAT? I DUNNO!
    DUDE WHAT? I DUNNO!
    New character! Must be Fuuka
    New character! Must be Fuuka

Animated cutscene! also Fuuka can evoke a persona! which must mean...
    Animated cutscene! also Fuuka can evoke a persona! which must mean...
    Boss time! yeah makin' progress...
    Boss time! yeah makin' progress...

...WTF?!?! ONE HIT???? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
    ...WTF?!?! ONE HIT???? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
    Well Kenji...
    Well Kenji...

Day 10 - new party members, and hella bosses

I got nothing...
    I got nothing...
    Yeah! still not as good as Teddie though.
    Yeah! still not as good as Teddie though.

Sweet! Sorry Junpei, Mitsuru is gunna pick up your slack.
    Sweet! Sorry Junpei, Mitsuru is gunna pick up your slack.
    sure let's fight this boss
    sure let's fight this boss

and this one
    and this one
    sure okay, let's fight three in one run
    sure okay, let's fight three in one run

oh...
    oh...

Day 11 - S-links and leveling

Tanaka with the HOOK UPS
    Tanaka with the HOOK UPS
    uhh duh!
    uhh duh!

oh god, that is exactly how my mom texts me
    oh god, that is exactly how my mom texts me
    Perfect.
    Perfect.

That's a loaded question Yukari...
    That's a loaded question Yukari...
    New S-link time!
    New S-link time!

alright, we leveled a bit now let's try again...
    alright, we leveled a bit now let's try again...

...tough crowd
    ...tough crowd
    Maybe I shouldn't have joined the Music Club...
    Maybe I shouldn't have joined the Music Club...

Day 12 - sweet personas, an-OHMYGODWHHHHYYYY

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! WHERE YA AT!!!!
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! WHERE YA AT!!!!
    !!!Mysterious Fo--oh it's a dog :(
    !!!Mysterious Fo--oh it's a dog :(

LOOK AT THAT DUDE WITH THE SICK SPELLS AND SHIT
    LOOK AT THAT DUDE WITH THE SICK SPELLS AND SHIT
    WORD!
    WORD!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH... well at least I saved.
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH... well at least I saved.

Day 13- Wait, are you telling me I could've been in the student council THIS WHOLE TIME?! sure whatever...

Sure, let's try Mazio...
    Sure, let's try Mazio...
    OHGODWAITIDIDN'TMEANTODOTHAT!FUUUUUUU
    OHGODWAITIDIDN'TMEANTODOTHAT!FUUUUUUU

UUUUHHHHhhhhhh...*sob* *sob*
    UUUUHHHHhhhhhh...*sob* *sob*
    HEY! New antagonistic characters!
    HEY! New antagonistic characters!

Oh no... how'd I miss this...
    Oh no... how'd I miss this...
    wow... I should've had this s-link a LONG time ago... sigh
    wow... I should've had this s-link a LONG time ago... sigh

Day 14 - Victories, S-links, and cheap questions

You and me both brother.
    You and me both brother.
    Oh that's fine, don't worr--
    Oh that's fine, don't worr--

--...wat?
    --...wat?
    sigh... Alright! Let's try this again...
    sigh... Alright! Let's try this again...

YEAH! EAT SHIT AND DIE! Ahhh I feel better now.
    YEAH! EAT SHIT AND DIE! Ahhh I feel better now.
    I would hope you are, since you're playing this stupid mmo. I should really be drunk too.
    I would hope you are, since you're playing this stupid mmo. I should really be drunk too.

Yup. That's how you ask a girl out.
    Yup. That's how you ask a girl out.
    Ahahahahaha awesome.
    Ahahahahaha awesome.

uuhhhhhhhh...
    uuhhhhhhhh...
    UUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Abe Lincoln!
    UUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... Abe Lincoln!

oh please please please...
    oh please please please...
    YEAH! New S-Link!
    YEAH! New S-Link!

Next full moon comin...
    Next full moon comin...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

That Loa (Lua? I'm not scrolling back up to find out) you fused it weak to Hama, keep that in mind or you'll probably find yourself getting one-shot'd even more. Speaking of, are these the only times you've died or does it happen a whole lot? Might want to grind, or pay better attention to weaknesses, or play like Vinny and not get into a fight unless you're certain that you can hit its back.

Also I totally switched out Junpei as soon as I could. He might wind up being a good fighter but I dislike that guy.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: Yeah it's Loa. I haven't died too too much, and have only lost major progress twice. My problem is missing attacks too often, due to low agility because of being under-leveled, and then getting brutally rebuffed by weak hits and criticals. I have experience playing Persona (I played through Persona 4 on expert) but not having full control over your party members can be super frustrating, and more often than not will get you killed. Also I just rushed up a bunch of floors as quickly as I could to unlock the next teleporters, and then farmed those higher floors to level, which is probably why I was so low level compared to the enemies :P

Yup, screw Junpei.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258: Yeah it's Loa. I haven't died too too much, and have only lost major progress twice. My problem is missing attacks too often, due to low agility because of being under-leveled, and then getting brutally rebuffed by weak hits and criticals. I have experience playing Persona (I played through Persona 4 on expert) but not having full control over your party members can be super frustrating, and more often than not will get you killed. Also I just rushed up a bunch of floors as quickly as I could to unlock the next teleporters, and then farmed those higher floors to level, which is probably why I was so low level compared to the enemies :P

Yup, screw Junpei.

That's actually kind of how I played the game. I would rush to the next teleporter, go back, save, and then go to the next to last teleporter and just fight everything so that if I either died or needed to return, I wouldn't actually lose that much progress. It still winds up being really grind-y, though.

Set Akihiko on support, he has a lot of buffs, and if you're missing a lot then abuse the shit out of Sukukaja.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've cracked. Downloading it now for my PS3. I'm really keen to see how not being in control of your party members feels and just seeing how this differs to Persona 4.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By meatsofevil

@shindig: Yeah! Not having total control over your teammates makes you use specific strategies, and definitely has a totally different feel. Also not having control over your teammates can be totally frustrating when you forget to use the tactics function.

@believer258 said:

@meatsofevil said:

Yup, screw Junpei.

That's actually kind of how I played the game. I would rush to the next teleporter, go back, save, and then go to the next to last teleporter and just fight everything so that if I either died or needed to return, I wouldn't actually lose that much progress. It still winds up being really grind-y, though.

Set Akihiko on support, he has a lot of buffs, and if you're missing a lot then abuse the shit out of Sukukaja.

Persona 3 is SUPER grind-y compared to Persona 4, and I think that can be attributed to the fact that Persona 3 only has one dungeon, whereas Persona 4 had a lot of dungeons tailored to where your character would be at that point. I just got to Block 3 in Tartarus, and the enemies are 3 levels above me straight out of the gate. It just seems like the game really wants you to grind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.