Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Best of Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run--02 (Parts 016 to 030)

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By clagnaught

Episode List:

The Best of YouTube Playlist

The Best of Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run lives another day!

This Best Of series for me is both: 1) Finally sitting down and watching the Endurance Run for myself; and 2) Highlighting the funniest or my favorite moment from all 155 parts of their playthrough. Typically I picked the moment that made me laugh the most, but I also wanted to capture what it is like playing this game. (As in having a balance between when certain characters, Personas or mechanics are introduced, Social Links, and dungeon crawling.)

Since I am watching the Endurance Run live for the very first time, there may be delays between episodes. However, my goal is to watch all of the Endurance Run before Persona 5 launches.

This video features clips from Parts 016 to 030

Highlights include: Young Detective, Mysterious Fox, and balls.

Even with this and other Best Of videos, you should really see this series for yourself. There are almost too many funny moments to cover in a highlight video like this and the Persona games are really entertaining to watch someone else play. Even if it is sometimes frustrating to watch Vinny play through it.

The Persona 4 Endurance Run: Part 001

The YouTube Playlist

Hope you guys enjoy!

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

subscribed! I can't go through and watch all of this again but what you find to be the best parts I will watch again (and if I found other parts better from memory - will let you know and why).

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Cool :) I don't know if this is too much to ask, but it would be great if you had some of the smaller fun comments that's littered throughout the Endurance Run on top of the good moments.

Stuff like Jeff answering Yukiko's "Did I level up!?" levelup sound with "No, shut up" and Vinny talking like High Pixie.

But then again the ER is filled with stuff like that, so I can see that it might just be too much to ask.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragon_puncher: The short answer is it would make the video too long.

As I'm watching the Endurance Run, I'm keeping track of the noteworthy moments in any given episode, and then picking my favorite highlight or the most unique moment. On some videos, I have three funny nominees, but I only go with one to keep things moving and get to the other parts. So generally speaking there's too many funny stuff to cover.

I'm also trying to cut a lot of the fat around the edges, so I don't have any super long episodes. (Although some people might think 27 minutes is already too long)

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Dragon_Puncher

@clagnaught: I wouldn't mind them being longer/covering less episodes per video, but I see what you mean.

The Persona 4 ER is just filled with so many great moments that it's hard/impossible to cover everything in a video like this. I think it awesome you're doing this though, it's like a trip down memory lane seeing some of the ER again and how on top of their game Jeff and Vinny are here.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you include Ghoul and Andra.

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't just focus on the funny moments - it gets serious and one of the most powerful moments is not funny and jeff and vinny do not say anything for ........ .... ... a good ten seconds. It is an important ten seconds of silence. I don't want to say more as it might spoil things (have you played the game?).

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaldar said:

Don't just focus on the funny moments - it gets serious and one of the most powerful moments is not funny and jeff and vinny do not say anything for ........ .... ... a good ten seconds. It is an important ten seconds of silence. I don't want to say more as it might spoil things (have you played the game?).

Yes I have. I am continuing my long on again, off again New Game+ for P4G while I am watching the Endurance Run, so when that's done, I will have finished Persona 4 four times since 2008. (The wait for Persona 5 has been terrible!!)

I assume you are talking about--the part where Nanako dies? When it gets to stuff like that, I will most likely focus on the drama. For that scene in particular, it would be weird if I threw in a random zinger somebody made right before that moment, just for the sake of having something funny. Besides highlighting the funny stuff that happens, I also want to document what it was like for Jeff and Vinny to experience this game. So if what I think you're talking about affecting them like that, it's almost a guarantee that will be in there.

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup! When they see her lieing in the hospital their reaction is gold and shows incredibly well how the game made you care about her so much. And they didn't even get through all the related social links I think. Any eta on the next update? And I love how both of us are spoil blocking things for a like what three year old game ;).

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yukiko's Dungeon doesn't really have the same effect if you were not there when the Endurance Run was actively happening. Back during the early episodes it was almost certain that, had they failed in the dungeon, the Endurance Run would not continue. The capsule machine "incident" also forced them to tackle the Yukiko boss encounter on the last possible day, before being forced to redo everything, and Vinny and Jeff were not okay with that prospect. Not only is the Yukiko boss fight difficult, but Vinny and Jeff were forced to fight the boss during a rainy day which results in any dungeon being more difficult. As a result, things were looking bad for the future of the Endurance Run.

Then they won, and everyone took a deep sigh of relief.

Then there was the Episode 50 incident, which was the single greatest threat to the status of the Endurance Run.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaldar: The next episode is actually already done. I want to pace out the uploads, but also have a spare episode in the can in case if real life stuff prevents me from watching or editing any future videos for a couple of weeks. My tentative schedule is to upload an episode every 7 to 14 days though. And yeah, it's kind of funny to have spoiler tags for some of this stuff, considering how old the game is and what this site endured.

@zombiepie: Hearing that perspective of Yukiko's dungeon is interesting. When I became aware of Giant Bomb and started following the site, the Endurance Run was done years earlier. (I think the first piece of Giant Bomb content I consumed may have been when I stumbled upon the end of the series where they were amazed they managed to complete the game) So obviously that tension doesn't exist when you are not watching it live. Watching the Endurance Run you get the sense that they are concerned how time is running out and they knew fighting Yukiko would be difficult going into the battle, but I didn't think about how this could have been the end of the play through if they didn't pull it off.

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Third one is as great as the others! Wish you would release them more quickly but I know you want to let time for knowledge to spread so people watch them. Keep up the good work! I'll keep waiting for the next one!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.