Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Embarking on my own Endurance Run.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n
    No Caption Provided
    Yep. Picked up Persona 4 today and put about 3 hours into it so far, just to get started. 50 episodes of Giant Bomb´s Persona 4 Endurance Run finally got to me, I had to try it for myself. It will be interesting to see how fast I´ll catch up since I´ll pretty much will be skipping all the dialogue up to that point. I remember everything from the Endurance Run videos pretty well still so my first 3 hours went by pretty fast. I´d say I´m up to part 15 or 16 in the Endurance Run in those hours. I haven´t decided if I will stop watching the videos or not yet since I really enjoy hearing Vinny and Jeffs commentary on the game. The best thing would be to pass them in the game as fast as possible and then look BACK on what they´re playing.
    I´m breaking TWO promises I made to myself by embarking on this mission. 1 is that I promised myself to stop buying JRPG´s that I´ll probably won´t have the stamina to finish and the 2nd promise is to not buy any more last gen (ps2) games. But right now there´s kind of a slow time for good new games until summer so I couldn´t resist anymore.
    I´m playing it on my PS3 in 4:3 mode with Smoothing on. It seems to work mostly fine with some small issues. It seems like the colors smudge and drag out over the screen when stuff moves, especially with smoothing turned on. The tags that says your location are also missing at at some points the game slowed down quite alot. But it works well enough. The worst thing I have to worry about is the mad burn ins that will be the result of me playing a 4:3 game on my old LCD TV. The last time I did this was when playing Twilight Princess for the Gamecube. I had lines where the 4:3 image ended in my widescreen games for ages after that. I really need to start planning for a new TV soon anyway tho.
    But anyway, wish me luck, I´m going to try to make as many choices as different as possible from Jeff and Vinny. Starting off by joining the Soccer Team !

Also, it just struck me what a great sales thing this Endurance Run is. by playing this game like they do, Giant Bomb is helping to sell loads of copies of the game all over the world. I´m pretty sure I´m not the only one that really wants to try it for myself when I see them play it. If I were Atlus I´d be stoked about this whole thing.
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n
    No Caption Provided
    Yep. Picked up Persona 4 today and put about 3 hours into it so far, just to get started. 50 episodes of Giant Bomb´s Persona 4 Endurance Run finally got to me, I had to try it for myself. It will be interesting to see how fast I´ll catch up since I´ll pretty much will be skipping all the dialogue up to that point. I remember everything from the Endurance Run videos pretty well still so my first 3 hours went by pretty fast. I´d say I´m up to part 15 or 16 in the Endurance Run in those hours. I haven´t decided if I will stop watching the videos or not yet since I really enjoy hearing Vinny and Jeffs commentary on the game. The best thing would be to pass them in the game as fast as possible and then look BACK on what they´re playing.
    I´m breaking TWO promises I made to myself by embarking on this mission. 1 is that I promised myself to stop buying JRPG´s that I´ll probably won´t have the stamina to finish and the 2nd promise is to not buy any more last gen (ps2) games. But right now there´s kind of a slow time for good new games until summer so I couldn´t resist anymore.
    I´m playing it on my PS3 in 4:3 mode with Smoothing on. It seems to work mostly fine with some small issues. It seems like the colors smudge and drag out over the screen when stuff moves, especially with smoothing turned on. The tags that says your location are also missing at at some points the game slowed down quite alot. But it works well enough. The worst thing I have to worry about is the mad burn ins that will be the result of me playing a 4:3 game on my old LCD TV. The last time I did this was when playing Twilight Princess for the Gamecube. I had lines where the 4:3 image ended in my widescreen games for ages after that. I really need to start planning for a new TV soon anyway tho.
    But anyway, wish me luck, I´m going to try to make as many choices as different as possible from Jeff and Vinny. Starting off by joining the Soccer Team !

Also, it just struck me what a great sales thing this Endurance Run is. by playing this game like they do, Giant Bomb is helping to sell loads of copies of the game all over the world. I´m pretty sure I´m not the only one that really wants to try it for myself when I see them play it. If I were Atlus I´d be stoked about this whole thing.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I had never heard of Persona before, well I heard about 4 when it came out. I've watched about 5 episodes of the endurance run. The game looks interesting, but I would not have the time to play it and probably would get bored.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.