Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

How can I level up a Persona faster?

Zalera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By Zalera

First of all, yes, I know fusing is important and I'm well aware of that.

However right now I really need my Jack Frost to simply level up once more, in order to learn the medium ice spell. But dear god, it barely gets any exp at all compared to the main character.

Is there no way to speed up the process?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Are you fighting the strongest enemies available? If so, then Jack Frost is already earning the most EXP he can. Unless...
    Experience is divided between your party members. If you bring less party members with you, that means you'll get more EXP for you and Jack Frost.

Zalera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By Zalera

Ah thanks!

Though turns out I didn't need it after all, just beat the boss king in Yukiko's Castle :D

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By trophyhunter

gameshark

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Bass

yeah.... the king in yukiko's castle is really no match at all for jack frost. like... not even close really.

Intrepid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Intrepid

Just go into a previous dungeon solo and kill the dudes you find.  That's how it worked for me when I was 80+ or so and needed Victory Cry from Lucifer.  Though I had bonus xp gear with me.  I didn't feel like doing the pringle trick at this point.

amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By amino

You need to go solo into the dungeon starting from Sauna dungeon.Deal finishing blow with persona you want to level up.I know it is hard especially if you are in first playthrough but after you face same enemies several times,you will get some hints on how to kill them without giving them any chance to kill you.

The tips below is useful when you want to level up main character:
    If you are already in September,there is Haikara shirt which you can get from oldman at riverbed(neeId Guardian fish).In December,you can get Musashi shinai(2 Guardians required).Equip both of them and go solo.You will reach at least level 90 before you fight main boss in Heaven dungeon without wasting time fighting respawning shadows.

lishi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lishi

The best way is level up the social link and refuse it.

Seriusly

I guess you are at start of the game in the first dungeon(or second) there aren't much more option.

If you really can't do it just ignore the spell, while its a nice boost you will be able to beat any enemy even without it. It will take more time but just a fraction of the time needed to level up a persona.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.