Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

How Persona 4 Endurance Run has Changed my Life...

GamerChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By GamerChick

1. I accidentally found the endurance run, and immediately fell in love with the concept. I grew up watching my brother play video games (I would sit by his side discussing with him what was going on playing the original Diablo, War Craft, Age of Empires, Lara Croft, etc). Then I grew up to watch my guy friends in college play video games. Again playing the role of observer, I'd come over and just chill and talk while they played whatever (mostly madden and first person shooters). So now that I have moved away from my gaming brother and friends I had a void. Now that void has been filled by watching the endurance run.

2. Now I realize that this sounds insane, but I developed a slight paranoia after watching the endurance run for a couple weeks. It started raining a lot in my area, and for a split second I would have a moment of "oh no, it's raining!" before realizing that's just in the game..... >_<

3. I usually am a back-seat gamer because I lack confidence in my ability to NOT suck. But watching the endurance run I frequently found myself thinking "Hey, I could probably do that!". So on my day off from work... in the middle of a tornado warning... I drove out to the mall and bought their last copy. Now I have passed where they guys are in the endurance run, but I still watch because I get a thrill out of seeing how the guys react to things.

4. Now I have an excellent distraction for when work gets insanely stressful (which it has been that last couple weeks. downsizing is super lame - even for the people left behind who now have to work 3x as hard to make sure everything still gets done).

5. Now the guys at the Gamestop in my mall know me by name and love conning me into spending money on PS2 accessories I most likely don't need.

Anyone else???

GamerChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By GamerChick

1. I accidentally found the endurance run, and immediately fell in love with the concept. I grew up watching my brother play video games (I would sit by his side discussing with him what was going on playing the original Diablo, War Craft, Age of Empires, Lara Croft, etc). Then I grew up to watch my guy friends in college play video games. Again playing the role of observer, I'd come over and just chill and talk while they played whatever (mostly madden and first person shooters). So now that I have moved away from my gaming brother and friends I had a void. Now that void has been filled by watching the endurance run.

2. Now I realize that this sounds insane, but I developed a slight paranoia after watching the endurance run for a couple weeks. It started raining a lot in my area, and for a split second I would have a moment of "oh no, it's raining!" before realizing that's just in the game..... >_<

3. I usually am a back-seat gamer because I lack confidence in my ability to NOT suck. But watching the endurance run I frequently found myself thinking "Hey, I could probably do that!". So on my day off from work... in the middle of a tornado warning... I drove out to the mall and bought their last copy. Now I have passed where they guys are in the endurance run, but I still watch because I get a thrill out of seeing how the guys react to things.

4. Now I have an excellent distraction for when work gets insanely stressful (which it has been that last couple weeks. downsizing is super lame - even for the people left behind who now have to work 3x as hard to make sure everything still gets done).

5. Now the guys at the Gamestop in my mall know me by name and love conning me into spending money on PS2 accessories I most likely don't need.

Anyone else???

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By fr0br0

I can sort of relate to number two. Whenever it rains here, I tell my friends that I have to make a quick trip to the Bad Bad Bathouse (Some of them get it) Or another friend ask me if I know any dealers. I'll tell him I know this fox...

And you should get the game and play along with them. It really is a fun game to play.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slinky6

Next time I see persona and have the money I'm buying it.   I also was a willing observer most of the time as a kid so endurance is weirdly nostalgic.

GamerChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GamerChick

Fr0Br0:

Nice fox reference!! I do have Persona now.... I'm actually way ahead of where the endurance run is, but it as fun when I was at the same place as them. I'm just not patient enough to hold off and keep with them :-)

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

The Endurance Run made me realize that there is such a thing as an innovative J-RPG. I actually bought Persona 3 FES (not 4), and that game is also awesome (even though my stupid brother deleted my data and now I don't want to make up those 25 hours spent playing).

raggedglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By raggedglory

I can relate to number 1. I can still remember watching my brother play sonic and knuckles (I was too afraid of the ghosts in one level to get past that point) and resident evil 2 and all those other games that it takes me back.

TethysOssian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TethysOssian

I live in a house with 10 other guys and each time somebody walks into the house I just want to say "Welcome home!", before remembering only one other person in the house had watched any of the endurance run, and he doesn't watch it anymore. 

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ChrisTaran

The show and format appealed to me because I am/was a giant fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000, and was already a huge Persona 4 (and 3) fan.  Sure enough, it didn't disappoint on giving me 2 things I love!

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Red

Me too. I watched my brother play Final Fantasy VII and X quite a lot, and pretty much whenever someone's playing a game, I'm there.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ht101

I fall in line with #4 mostly because it is a great way to relax and then go through my day feeling a little better because humor really helps me to get through the day since I am overloaded with projects right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.