Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Persona 4 - How am I doing?

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BrickRoad

I'm worried I'm lagging behind where I should be, and making it difficult for myself towards the end. I've just beaten the first boss in Kanji's dungeon, and it's May 24th I think. My S.Links are all at level 3, and there's about 10 of them. The guys are all roughly level 21. So am I on track, or have I fallen behind? Also, do I need any special requirements to get the best ending in this game, like all my S.Links maxed out, or something? Cheers!

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By endaround

You're fine.  Try concentrating on just a few SLs at a time since its easier to match persona and to max them out.  In general its better to have a few SLs maxed then to have all of them in mid levels.  I'd focus on the stat raising SLs first (Sport Club, School Club, Day Care and Hospital Janitor) plus the person for Dojima and Nanako at night.  If you have knowledge at level 3, start boosting expression at night.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Dojima and Nanako are important, because you'll have less time to max those. Luckily they take place at night, so it shouldn't cause too much trouble.
    You should also focus on the Social Links for party members. Their determination in battle will increase as you level up their Social Links, which is way useful. And once you max those Social Links, their Personas will evolve. Very useful, that.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

Yep, they said it pretty well. You're doing fine atm, make sure to always have some Goho's on you so you can warp out of a dungeon when your SP gets drained and you can't go any further. Its good to make the best of your time when you are exploring a dungeon since everyday counts, so try to go until you're party is pretty void of SP in general and you can no longer continue. You shouldn't come to any real brick walls as long as you do that, then as said above, just focus on a few SL's at a time and manage that with your stat attributes(courage/knowledge/etc).

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By endaround

Oh yeah, the best ending just requires you answering questions correctly. 

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BrickRoad

Thanks for the tips! Persona 4 is game. Great to know I'm doing okay. I was evenning out the S.Links, but I may focus on certain ones now to get them up quicker first, then go for the others.

houevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By houevil

endaround is right in saying you just need to answer questions to get normal or true ending but just in case you want to know, those questions dont happen until december time so you have ages yet :) enjoy the game!

i actually just finished with normal ending... i didnt know there was a better ending so ive loaded it back up! great game :D

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Disgaeamad
    LordAndrew said:
    "Dojima and Nanako are important, because you'll have less time to max those. Luckily they take place at night, so it shouldn't cause too much trouble.You should also focus on the Social Links for party members. Their determination in battle will increase as you level up their Social Links, which is way useful. And once you max those Social Links, their Personas will evolve. Very useful, that."
    This. Max out Rise as well, as she learns some pretty useful techniques that'll help you navigate your way through dungeons much easier.

HouEvil said:
    "endaround is right in saying you just need to answer questions to get normal or true ending but just in case you want to know, those questions dont happen until december time so you have ages yet :) enjoy the game!i actually just finished with normal ending... i didnt know there was a better ending so ive loaded it back up! great game :D"
    Dude, the True Ending is totally worth getting through. The boss battle provides a challenge that the Normal End boss didn't, and you have a greater feeling of satisfaction as the credits roll.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.