Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

PS2 exclusive?!

cjcox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By cjcox

I was shocked to see  this be a PS2 exclusive.

it seems the PS2 still has more exclusive games than the PS3

Ysy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ysy

I imagine Atlus is probably just trying to target the largest user-base for it's Shin Megami Tensei games.  Which also explains why the recently announced Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. Avadon King is Playstation 2-bound.

zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By zhinse

I would be more excited about this game if it was actually on a next gen console. It looks really cool from what it sounds like, and the promised more variety in the visuals makes me intrigued. The lack of variety in Persona 3 is making me slog through the game at a rather slow pace.

During the time of its release ( december? ? ) i would be tired of buying ps2 games. If it's cheaper than the Usual 50 dollars though, i might consider buying it, but first i have to beat part 3.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hazelnutman

Japan = still ton of PS2 games

SMT = Japan

Therefore, SMT = still ton of PS2 games.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Ysy said:
    "I imagine Atlus is probably just trying to target the largest user-base for it's Shin Megami Tensei games.  Which also explains why the recently announced Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. Avadon King is Playstation 2-bound."
    If they were targeting as many people as possible, they'd make it multiplatform.
    Ysy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ysy
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Ysy said:
    "I imagine Atlus is probably just trying to target the largest user-base for it's Shin Megami Tensei games.  Which also explains why the recently announced Raidou Kuzunoha Vs. Avadon King is Playstation 2-bound."
    If they were targeting as many people as possible, they'd make it multiplatform."

There's much lower interest in these sort of games than those adapters of the western-based Xbox and the family-oriented Wii.
      Why bother investing in the money to make it multi-platform if it isn't going to be worth it?  Not to mention that I honestly cannot think of an Atlus game that has ever been multi-platform (though this just may be my brain failing).
    RPGGUY2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By RPGGUY2500
    hazelnutman said:
    "Japan = still ton of PS2 games

SMT = Japan

Therefore, SMT = still ton of PS2 games."
    yep pretty much there isnt really much to say other than that
    Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Lemegeton

i enjoyed P3 but i wont be playing this one. just looks too similar to P3 to warrant diverting time from PS3 games

Ikiryou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Ikiryou

PS2 titles still beat out the PS3 and Xbox 360 titles in Japan [Devil Kings 2 anyone?]. That's enough reason to keep putting out PS2-based games. Anyone who's played Rogue Galaxy can tell you that the PS2's still got untapped potential, which might never get fully realized.

Developers shifted away from the last-gen consoles because of the increased revenue potential generated by all of those $60 price tags, not to mention downloadable content  for sale. I spent at least $20 on Folklore DLC last weekend alone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.