Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

This game is way too hard!

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

I love it so much but I cant even enjoy it! I just spent 1 hour of my time in yukiko's castle and I get wipped out by some box using 'last resort' this game really pisses me off...badly.

Has anyone stopped playing the game because of it difficulty? oh and before I get comments like 'you were under level! BLAH BLAH BLAG.' My whole team was lvl 9 and enemy was lvl 10 and my HP was full -.- oh well, guess ill never get to even come close to finishing my favourite JRPG of all time.

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By D_W

That's not unusual for an Megaten game. Hell in Digital Devil Saga, I had my guys nullify everything except Almighty and almost had a full team wipe to one of the optional bosses because he started the battle with a Mind Charged Almighty Attack.  

Sometimes you're just unlucky and these games tend to be very unforgiving. You'll just have to suck it up and try again. Especially if it was only one time.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yukoei

Oh and the difficult setting is on normal.

Koihime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Koihime

It's not difficult, it depends on the strategies of the one playing....... always come prepared......... Think before doing
    Just a little advice ^_^

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By droop

Exploit its weakness, or run.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Drebin_893

I never found it too hard, you were probably  'under level! BLAH BLAH BLAG.'

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Insectecutor
    @Yukoei said:

"This game is way too hard!"
    " Oh and the difficult setting is on normal. "

Set it to Easy or fight strategically. You were warned that Normal mode requires a degree of strategy.
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Cerza

ALL MegaTen games are hard. It's how they made a name for themselves. These games set out to kick your ass and when you pick them up you MUST do the same. Exploit the enemies weakness and be as cheap as possible at every opportunity possible. There is nothing about playing fair here. Also, sometimes you DO get unlucky and wind up with the occasional F-U fight where you just die. In those circumstances you need to just grin and bear it and try again.

Koihime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Koihime

This is my happiness when it comes to MegaTen Games. I'm looking for it's Challenge in which i always find...... Hint.. Buy items at the Store like the medicine or buy weapons and armor at Daidara's You know, Be PREPARED! ^_^

AdachiTohru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AdachiTohru

Giving up already huh? 

But, I'll help you out since I'm a nice guy, 

FUSEFUSEFUSEFUSEFUSE  

Having crappy personae can make the game alot harder, P4 is actually pretty easy, for an SMT game. Actually I think I only died once on normal.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By penguindust

Ha-ha...The game feels a bit hard in the beginning, but in a short amount of time, when you've figured out how everything works, you'll get into a groove and it will open up for you.  I laughed because your complaint reminded me of my bitch fest when I first started playing P4.  Here is the thread I posted if you want to see what I was complaining about at the time.  During the course of the thread, you'll see my opinions changed.  Don't get me wrong, I still prefer P3 to P4 but not for any of the reasons I listed at the time.   Everyone had their own opinions, of course, but I also got some good information that helped me out early on.  Stick with the game, and you'll find it's really is a special treat.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Undeadpool

I gotta say, the game does get easier, but those saying it requires a "degree of strategy" are also exaggerating cause, let's face it, an enemy that does enough damage to wipe your team with an un-nullifiable attack-type is more luck than strategy that early in the game.

My advice: save often so when you do get wiped you don't lose a lot of progress.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14  Edited By Symphony

What boggles my mind is that you've barely even begun, gotten stuck on trash mobs, and it's your favorite jrpg of all time? Dayum, that's some dedication!

The dice can be a pain if you let them use Last Resort -- the ones that early in the game tend only to use it if they're low on health, so the trick is to focus fire on them one at a time. You should notice that the dice don't do much else -- usually just passing their turn till they get to that point where they use that ability (it is called "Last resort" after all, that shoulda kinda clue you in as to it being a desperation move and not something they spam).

Something else you could do is have your hero constantly defend so he doesn't get taken out in one hit (though he really shouldn't be, and should be fine helping out with attacking), while Chie and Yosuke beat down the dice.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I don't think you can call it your favorite RPG of all time when you've only played the first level -_-

That's like saying "The Matrix" is your favorite movie of all time, when you've never even seen it.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pibo47

Wow....trolls are pathetic.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Kiemoe
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " I don't think you can call it your favorite RPG of all time when you've only played the first level -_- "
    Took the words right out of my mouth
    Koihime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Koihime

You know what i do before taking on a dungeon. Daidara then Shirokyu Store then FuseFuseFuse then increase 3-7 possible levels in every floor in the dungeon ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.