Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

what level do you guys recommend me be at

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

im at the 8-bit dungeon  the dungeon right after you rescue rise

im currently at level 35 with levels 37-39 personas how much more do i need to grind or is this a good enough level
    ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ChrisTaran

Should be good enough.  Maybe another level or 2 (or 3) if you want to make things a bit smoother going.  But I'm around there right now and I'm 36, so I think you should be fine.

Of course, it never hurts to be as high level as possible :)

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By mrfluke

yeh kinda want it to be as easygoing as possible want to do more social linking less dungeon crawling :)

so about 2 or 3 levels  then
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By subject2change

I did the boss fight at 45; so ya you should be good if you clear the levels fully. May want to fuse before the boss.

also you should never really need to grind if you re-clear the dungeon for the "hard" shadows at the end.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By endaround

Yeah unlike most JRPGs there really isn't any need to grind as long as you fully explore each dungeon level.  This is different from P3 where you were best off running up levels to get to an  elevator point and then cycling up and down between elevator spots to gain levels.

Ciffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Ciffy

Also, work on Fox's link.  I spent one day in the TV redoing the first 3 or 4 dungeons for money before getting Rise.  After I got out of the TV that day, I had over 200k once I traded in all my stuff to Diadra (metalworks guy).  I cleared every dungeon in one day after that, had enough money to just use a Goho-M, pay fox and start again.  8-bit, lab, heaven and now Inaba are all going down in one day each.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Bass

I really don't recall what level I was on, but I know the only grinding I did whatsoever was on Kanji's dungeon because... well damn, that was a tough battle for me. The rest I got through without even blinking really. I have been going back for each dungeon's special boss though, so take that for what you will.

GamerChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By GamerChick

I was 41 or 42 (don't recall) when I beat it. If all else fails this is where social links come in to create some kick-butt awesome personas.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By FLStyle

I think I was 38 with a Social Linked 43ish Black Frost. Mind Charge + Agidyne did the business.

Especially when he tried to call his 8bit version. The 600 damage MC+Agidyne did knocked him straight out of it into knock down mode.
    Splitterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 78

#10  Edited By Splitterguy

I just fought him last night at level 39.  However, I recommend leveling up Yukiko until you get her mediarama because it really, REALLY helps through the boss fight.

MiserableGerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MiserableGerm

Actually, I relied on Teddie for that battle. Having Mediarama and Energy Shower at the start really helps things.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vision

32 to 45 and the boss is about 38 to 45.

lishi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lishi

Don't grind too much if any just reach the boss floor, go back on previus level and kill some monster 10-20 minute.
    You don't really need grind in this game as long you dont skip all the monster or you have bad persona.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#14  Edited By LordAndrew

You know, there's probably a point where this type of thread should stop being used. I'd say about a week. ;)
    He's probably passed this part long ago.

zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zungerman090

Get black frost with Agidyne. then u are set. :D

Clubvodka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Clubvodka
    @endaround:
    I'm 4 game days away from fighting --- (don't wanna spoil it for other people). I've been grinding in Monad from level 79 to 98 its been a drag. Was almost too unfunny running up Tartarus looking for the access point.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Fallen189
    @Clubvodka said:
    " @endaround: I'm 4 game days away from fighting --- (don't wanna spoil it for other people). I've been grinding in Monad from level 79 to 98 its been a drag. Was almost too unfunny running up Tartarus looking for the access point. "
    Persona 3 in a P4 thread?

MADNESS

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.