Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Why Bing Sucks

cityofdis0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cityofdis0

I honestly have no clue what Bing.com is or its purpose, but its officially on my shit list.

No spoilers:
    While looking up "answer funky student persona 4 protractor" or something along those lines on Bing, since I was that bored, I clicked the videos page just to be curious, and there it was. One of the videos on the front page, right smack dab in front of me, was a video labeled "Persona 4 Final Fight - *************.    ********* = Final boss in P4

Yep, so thanks Bing for ruining my Persona 4 Enurance Run experience.

Anyone else have any horrible stories of morons ruining P4 for you?

Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Inf225

Wikipedia entry, ruined the killer for me and the teddie becoming a dude part for me... Also my dumbass friend ruined the true ending for me...

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By eldiax

Someone posted in ER comments who the killer was. I didn't believe that was the killer but it turned out to be true. So yeah I guess I got spoiled.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By weltal

*Shrug* I don't give a shit about 'Bing' but it's not like that was the search engine's fault. This is the internet, your going to have to work to not have things spoiled for you.

Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Satune

lol im having a really hear time trying to avoid any spoilers from Persona 4. Teddie becoming a dude was such a surprise to me I was shitting my pants when it happened.

Surllio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Surllio

I didn't like Bing when I saw they were spending tons and tons of money to promote another search engine.  Bit of a different search engine, but still just another one.

DragonofFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DragonofFate

That's why I try to avoid the internet while playing a game I'm enjoying.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @Satune said:
    " lol im having a really hear time trying to avoid any spoilers from Persona 4. Teddie becoming a dude was such a surprise to me I was shitting my pants when it happened. "
    Possibly it's hard because people tend to throw out spoilers without even thinking, like you just did.  :-P  I don't care really, but you did just spoil it for whomever else hadn't yet known.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Luke

No because I pre-ordered the game and finished it months before the Endurance Run was ever even conceived, like a normal person should :p 

Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Satune
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    " @Satune said:
    " lol im having a really hear time trying to avoid any spoilers from Persona 4. Teddie becoming a dude was such a surprise to me I was shitting my pants when it happened. "
    Possibly it's hard because people tend to throw out spoilers without even thinking, like you just did.  :-P  I don't care really, but you did just spoil it for whomever else hadn't yet known.
    "

Hey the guy a couple on top of me just said it too!
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB

When you search the internet for your game, you run the risk of something like that happening. I will now exit this thread, as I am afraid of catching a spoiler myself, both watching the ER and playing the game myself.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Vorbis

Yeah unfortunatly these types of games always require something to be looked up and i'm always very cautious when doing it. Even in google when looking up the name of a different game it had "XXX turns out be a traitor" in the discription text.

But the only thing worse than a spoiler is an incorrect spoiler, I spent 40hours being suspicous of an 8yr old trying to work out how she could possibly throw people into the tv... was glad when it wasn't true but totally ruined the character for me.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By c1337us

Bing sucks for sure. But as far as P4 goes people can spoil away to their hearts content. I have no intention of playing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, you gotta take block out anything about a game you're about to play if you don't wanna be spoiled.
    I managed to go 7 months without getting MGS4 spoiled, before I finally got a PS3 and ravaged thru it.
    I was ever so careful about it and totally managed it. Just as I did with P4. Even though I got the bad ending first, thank Cthulhu I had a close save.
    Then the normal ending (which I instigated with a faq). And the True ending which I managed to find myself after a subtle hint from a friend.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shadows_kill

bioshock+persona 4+ dead space all got spoiled for me -_- i just try to forget about it..

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Blubba

I'm the type of person who looks up all the spoilers to begin with. I can't resist. I can still finish the game and be satisfied so it doesn't really matter to me. As long as it's spoiled on my own terms, I'm okay with it.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#17  Edited By sjschmidt93

I don't play Persona 4... but how does the name of the final boss spoil it for you?

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By ht101
    @SJSchmidt93: It might be something that has the name of the person and then their personas name or something like that.  I don't know who the killer is but that is probably what it said or something to that effect.
    eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By eldiax
    @SJSchmidt93:  The whole game is centered about mysterious murders and you trying to figure out who the culprit is. So yeah, the name of the boss is a pretty big spoiler.
    safelybeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By safelybeds

The guy who sold me the game spoiled it for me. I was picking it up at Gamestop because I was stuck with only a PS2 over Christmas break and the guy gave me this funny smile and asked if I was into Atlus, which I wasn't at the time. I told him I'd only played one RPG before and it was nowhere near as "Japanese" as I heard this one was, which I guess made him decide to gush about how there's a blonde, feminine boy who runs around in a bear suit.

Needless to say, I was very surprised when Yosuke ripped off his head. "It's empty inside", indeed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.