Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill HD Collection

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

The second and third Silent Hill games come to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Silent Hill HD Collection with new high-definition graphics and voice acting.

Original SH2 voices will be available in Silent Hill Collection

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wiseblood

Guy Cihi (original VA for James) decided to sign a rights waiver to allow his voice work to be used in the upcoming HD collection so now the original voicework will be an option if you're not a fan of the new voices.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He signed that ages ago, but have Konami announced that they'll include it on the disc?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By benjaebe

Oh really? So that's good. Glad that whole thing is behind us and we can all move on.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By benjaebe

@TeflonBilly said:

He signed that ages ago, but have Konami announced that they'll include it on the disc?

He just signed it today, with all of the other original VAs and they were working with Konami USA to do it. The original VA will definitely be available.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wiseblood

Yeah, this was just made a done deal today.  This was being worked on for a while for the express purpose of including the original voicework for the fans who wanted it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

This is the best thing.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By benjaebe

@DiscoDuck8k said:

I'm assuming that means the same for SH3 as well. This makes me happy.

They need to get the SH3 VAs to sign the same waivers. Claudia's VA already did because she was in SH2 as well, but as far as I know Heather hasn't been approached yet and the VA for Douglas is dead so I'm not sure what they'll do there.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Pie

Is the voice acting good or do people just want it for purity's sake?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By benjaebe

@Pie said:

Is the voice acting good or do people just want it for purity's sake?

It's kind of awkward and some of it isn't too great, but it's interesting and kind of fits Silent Hill 2 really well. For purity's sake it's nice to have it, but I also really enjoy some of the original work - Maria and James especially.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stubbleman

James' voice work in Silent Hill 2 is about as good as the combat is in Silent Hill 4. But I respect the stupid opinions of people who were getting worked up about them changing that. I know if they don't get Heather's original VA for 3, then they just lost a sale to me. I will be in just as big of a fanboy rage, so I at least see where people are coming from on that even though I regard James' performance on the same level as the Resident Evil 1 voice work, albeit with considerably less camp and charm. We all have the way we want to hear our favorite characters talk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benjaebe said:

@TeflonBilly said:

He just signed it today, with all of the other original VAs and they were working with Konami USA to do it. The original VA will definitely be available.

Really? i could've sworn he wrote some blog about how he hadn't even been approached by Konami about the SH2 re-release and had signed away any liability for them to pay him for the work. Or maybe it was just that he was willing to waiver it for the fans. My mind's kinda derpy.

Anyhoo, I just really want this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.