Would you buy a new 16 bit downloadable Sonic game?

#1 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Say it was called Sonic the Hedgehog 4, was done in a 16 bit art style but in HD and ran just like the first 3 Sonic Titles. Would that warrant a purchase from you?

#2 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

If they just did a new 2D HD game...I would be perfectly happy. That's all I've wanted for a while. Just give me pure 2D gameplay.

#3 Posted by dankempster (2264 posts) -

If it played like the Mega Drive/Genesis games, then definitely. Sonic is the franchise that got me into gaming.

#4 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

For 10$ or less? Maybe.

#5 Posted by Mario_Galaxy_Fan (116 posts) -

Yes as long as it was good.

#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I would absolutely, without a doubt...pay for something like THIS.

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14434 posts) -

Hell Yeah.

#8 Posted by Bkorns4 (129 posts) -

They need to do what Megaman 9 did. No question about it, Sonic 4 would be a mega hit. It wouldn't redeem every failure since Sonic and Knuckles, but it would definitely tickle my sonic fancy.

#9 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

Yeah I would buy it. If it was done right it would be 100 times better than anything after Sonic and Knuckles.

#10 Posted by Dalai (7078 posts) -

The hypothetical Sonic 4 should look like it's straight from the early 90s... I would follow the Mega Man 9 nostalgia playbook.

#11 Posted by Hitzel (116 posts) -

Oh god yes.

#12 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I cannot wait for that Sonic2 HD game.

Yes, I would, happily.

#13 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Sounds like a good idea to me...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.