Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic Unleashed

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 14, 2008

Sonic Unleashed is two different Sonic titles released in 2008 across four consoles. Both titles feature high-speed Sonic stages, slower-paced "Werehog" levels, and town hubs where players must progress through the story.

Gametrailers review the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Willy105

Took them a while, but they deliver.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By godzilla_sushi

DOA eh?

At some point Sega will get it. Hopefully I will still be around to see it.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422
    Godzilla_Sushi said:
    "DOA eh?

At some point Sega will get it. Hopefully I will still be around to see it."
    yeah I doubt that. I have always loved Sega, but I would have to say they need to(for a while now) just give up trying to make new sonic games. For some odd reason there are the few people that always seem to be hopeful and think its going to be amazing, every new game that comes out that is Sonic related from them, I don't know why. Haven't they been disappointed enough?  No one needs a review of these games anymore, people should just go"Its another Sonic game from Sega......." and throw it in the trash and put up a 5/10. Sonic is dead, they need to accept it...they run him ino th ground for years now and it isn't changing. They should just do remakes of sonic 1 and 2 in HD on XBL/PSN and be done with it.
    Avatar image for capncloudchaser
    CapnCloudchaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By CapnCloudchaser

That was actually a good review, and I don't see how you can get 'Sonic is dead!' from it when the review said it was a good step forward with the day time stages. I didn't really pick out any huge negativity from the review, other than 'Warehog is boring'. Unleashed is a vast improvement from Sonic 06, yet no one seems to be praising the work that Sega has put in.

I don't know why they reviewed the Wii version though. The Wii/PS2 version has more Warehog gameplay than the 360/PS3 version, so yeah, a lot of people are going to agree that the 360/PS3 version is superior

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By godzilla_sushi
    CapnCloudchaser said:
    "That was actually a good review, and I don't see how you can get 'Sonic is dead!' from it when the review said it was a good step forward with the day time stages. I didn't really pick out any huge negativity from the review, other than 'Warehog is boring'. Unleashed is a vast improvement from Sonic 06, yet no one seems to be praising the work that Sega has put in.
    Praise the mega corporation for putting out another mediocre game? You have to gauge the game as a whole, no credit for making half of it fun and the other half not. It's a whole package no matter how good one part of it is.

I tried to feel bad for them, really I did! ;)

Luckily you and I both have the ability to let our money speak. You can give them yours, and I will keep mine.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

Sonic. Seriously. Fuck off.

Avatar image for capncloudchaser
    CapnCloudchaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By CapnCloudchaser
    Godzilla_Sushi said:
    "CapnCloudchaser said:
    "That was actually a good review, and I don't see how you can get 'Sonic is dead!' from it when the review said it was a good step forward with the day time stages. I didn't really pick out any huge negativity from the review, other than 'Warehog is boring'. Unleashed is a vast improvement from Sonic 06, yet no one seems to be praising the work that Sega has put in.
    Praise the mega corporation for putting out another mediocre game? You have to gauge the game as a whole, no credit for making half of it fun and the other half not. It's a whole package no matter how good one part of it is.

I tried to feel bad for them, really I did! ;)

Luckily you and I both have the ability to let our money speak. You can give them yours, and I will keep mine."

A lot of time and effort goes into a game. Sega obviously does not want its key franchise to be rubbish, it's bad for their business and bad for their image, and with Sonic Unleashed they at least tried. They developed a whole new engine especially for Sonic and brought in a lot of people to develop the game. I'm sure they worked to the best of their ability given whatever constraints they had or placed upon themselves, and if you do compare this to Sonic 06, they certainly have improved a lot.

Sure, they probably made a mistake with the Warehog (I say probably because I haven't played the game yet and can't give my official opinion on how the game plays), but it's a step in the right direction, as the review states.

I think Sonic Unleashed is a 7/10 game, based on lots of reviews and opinions I've read and in-game footage I've watched, but I'll soon know for myself :O

I don't think 7/10 is a bad game (Based on the 7/10 GT have given it), but I forget, we live in a generation where even 9/10 games get blasted these days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.