Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Soulcalibur V

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 31, 2012

Set seventeen years after Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V introduces a number of new characters to the roster and offers new gameplay tweaks and online enhancements.

To the people that like SC5.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By kingzetta

Anyone trying to main viola? I find her very fun to play, but she's ridiculously weak and her super does no damage.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By DarthOrange

I'm still looking for my main, I'll report back later.....

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kingzetta
    @DarthOrange said:

I'm still looking for my main, I'll report back later.....

go with xiba
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

I wanna pick up the game but I got no money. Probably wait for a sale. How is Ezio?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarthOrange

@msavo:

Ezio is actually my favorite at the moment but I feel weird using a guest character as my main.

@kingzetta:

You using an arcade stick?

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kingzetta
    @msavo said:
    I wanna pick up the game but I got no money. Probably wait for a sale. How is Ezio?
    Jeff is right his face does look way off, but he's very smooth and that crossbow can do some nasty business.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kingzetta
    @DarthOrange said:

@msavo:

Ezio is actually my favorite at the moment but I feel weird using a guest character as my main.

@kingzetta:

You using an arcade stick?

nope I don't believe in them
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By IBurningStar

I'm really digging on Ezio. He is just really smooth to play and seems to have a lot of versatility. His crossbow is great for throwing people off and creating openings and once you get up close you can quickly put the hurting on dudes. 

I tried Viola and didn't enjoy it at all. The little orb ball thing she has is a neat idea and all, but I can't get a good feel for her and really don't understand how to use her effectively.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By nohthink

@DarthOrange: @kingzetta:

I tried main Tira again since she was my favorite in the 4th one but something about did not really click right.

So I tried Ivy. She was my main in the 3rd SC but they changed her in the 4th one so I did not like it. I was hoping they changed Ivy back to the 3rd Ivy, but no, they didn't.

I guess I'm still searching for my main. Siegfried plays more or less the same so he is my go to character for now.

I really don't like Patroklos(both versions) or ZWEI. Viola looks super interesting. I want to get better at her purely because of her difficulties.

So my search for my main continues

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By senorfuzzeh

Yoshimitsu has always been my main, But they made all his attacks really easy. He used to be a very techincal character and now I just don't feel as cool playing as him since all his moves are so easy to drop in and out of.

Hes still my favorite though...

Nabu, Nabu, nabu!

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kingzetta
    @IBurningStar said:

I'm really digging on Ezio. He is just really smooth to play and seems to have a lot of versatility. His crossbow is great for throwing people off and creating openings and once you get up close you can quickly put the hurting on dudes.   I tried Viola and didn't enjoy it at all. The little orb ball thing she has is a neat idea and all, but I can't get a good feel for her and really don't understand how to use her effectively.

She's basically Amakusa from samurai showdown 
    AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AxleBro

playing patroklos because HE IS AN ASSHOLE

the way he raises his eyebrow at you when he wins. god damn. also he has easy combos for big damage and im a whiff punish kind of person. if a game has sidestepping imma do it.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Itwastuesday

I know someone trying to learn Viola. It seems like a rough process. She doesn't seem to have many attacks with good reach except for 6A+B (or whatever the fast ball launcher is). She seems weak in the step-killing department as well. Seems like a character with a steep learning curve. She has a pretty unorthodox move set and I think when people master that ball pressure that she'll end up being pretty good, but I can't know for sure, especially because I don't play her. At least she doesn't seem to have many unsafe moves?

9999dmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 9999dmg

I really like the idea of using Viola, the orb is like having a mine you can put out into the field. Haven't had much success using her online though.

All about Raphael and Alpha Patroklos though.

Habast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Habast

If you really like Viola, you should stick with her. I think she's really fun to play as and I like comboing with the orb, it's a blast.

I play as Raphael mostly, as always. But I like Siegfried, Natsu, Leixia, Hilde, and Viola a lot too.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DarthOrange

Alright I have officially settled on Maxi. I am really enjoying his fast and fluid combos.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I guess this isn't relevant to the topic but... Mitsurugi all day erryday for me once I get this. Too broke right now ;(

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By M_33

Viola's super is good for creating unblockables. While they're busy blocking, throw out a 4 4 A+B for some good damage.

I've been using Lizardman as usual (or Aeon, whatever,) along with ZWEI and Voldo. Game's great.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikeGosot

Does anyone knows if there is a character that "Pokes but packs a punch"? I enjoy playing character like that, and i don't want to play as Siegfried again, so, i suppose here is the best place to ask.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel

I haven't used Viola much at all. She seems like one of the hardest characters to learn how to use effectively.

For me, it's all been about Hilde and Pyrrha Omega.

@MikeGosot said:

Does anyone knows if there is a character that "Pokes but packs a punch"? I enjoy playing character like that, and i don't want to play as Siegfried again, so, i suppose here is the best place to ask.

Have you considered Raphael?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By shirogane

Viola seems extremely hard, i'd say the hardest to learn, but she seems like she'd be completely crazy if used properly. I was playing with a friend, and mashing with her, managed to completely stunlock him and get a super long combo off that pretty much killed him, or did like 60%. Most likely could've continued that and kept going until he died, but i had no clue what i was doing. That orb, can really let you chain together attacks while keeping the other person from attacking you.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Stahlbrand

So far I'm playing customs based on Astaroth and Sigfried, with a little Nightmare on the side. Viola was too complicated for me ( I have nearly no experience with Namco fighters) but some dude I fought in 4 or 5 ranked fights in the "E" league blew me the fuck up with some very impressive traps and combos (I know enough about fighting games in general to respect what he/she was doing, but I just started playing SC this week).

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MikeGosot
    @Hailinel said:

I haven't used Viola much at all. She seems like one of the hardest characters to learn how to use effectively.

For me, it's all been about Hilde and Pyrrha Omega.

@MikeGosot said:

Have you considered Raphael?

Not yet. I've played a bit of Astaroth but *le gasp* he's too slow. I like strong and fast characters, that sucks at defense. I will give Raphael a try.
    Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By Commisar123

I'm going with Mitsurugi, but I don't think I will be playing this game for very long

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.