Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Space Pirates and Zombies

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 15, 2011

Space Pirates and Zombies is an action spaceship combat strategy game with RPG elements.

A Little Bit Of: Space Pirates And Zombies

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By lim_ak

Space Priates And Zombies is a game that I've wanted to try out for a while, and as per usual it was one of the many games that I bought during last years Steam sale. A lot of games I have bought recently fall into that category.

The game has quite a large amount of information dump at the beginning so getting a hang of what to do at the very start can be pretty hard, but once you understand the systems at play it's decent fun. I think one of the things that I don't like is that there doesn't seem to be that much in the way of mission variation. There are the story and secondary missions which do seem to be unique missions, but the stuff that's on the side that is clearly being procedurally generated seems to fall into only 3 different mission types. Kill those guys, destroy these stationary objects while guys try to kill you and defend this ship while it does it's thing. Functional in that you need to do them to be friendly with the different factions in the game but not that compelling after a while.

On the flip side customizing your ships, and blowing stuff up is pretty decent fun so it at least makes that particular side stuff more interesting. I haven't gotten round to playing with the larger ships but that is definitely something to look forward to.

Also I got these two guys in the mail last week . They're slightly bigger than I had intended but still pretty darn cool.

No Caption Provided
    lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lim_ak

Space Priates And Zombies is a game that I've wanted to try out for a while, and as per usual it was one of the many games that I bought during last years Steam sale. A lot of games I have bought recently fall into that category.

The game has quite a large amount of information dump at the beginning so getting a hang of what to do at the very start can be pretty hard, but once you understand the systems at play it's decent fun. I think one of the things that I don't like is that there doesn't seem to be that much in the way of mission variation. There are the story and secondary missions which do seem to be unique missions, but the stuff that's on the side that is clearly being procedurally generated seems to fall into only 3 different mission types. Kill those guys, destroy these stationary objects while guys try to kill you and defend this ship while it does it's thing. Functional in that you need to do them to be friendly with the different factions in the game but not that compelling after a while.

On the flip side customizing your ships, and blowing stuff up is pretty decent fun so it at least makes that particular side stuff more interesting. I haven't gotten round to playing with the larger ships but that is definitely something to look forward to.

Also I got these two guys in the mail last week . They're slightly bigger than I had intended but still pretty darn cool.

No Caption Provided
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By matthew

This is now 4$ on Steam. I've heard Rorie spent close to 40 hours with it over the new years break. I'm going to buy this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.