Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Spelunky

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

As a brave, but fragile adventurer, explore dangerous procedurally-generated caves to collect treasure and gain better equipment, before dying horribly and starting all over again.

Duder Explorers Club (Spelunky Daily Challenge 2014-1-19)

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Starting the thread off I have a very lousy spelunky run but also a quick tutorial about how to use OBS to record these runs + stream. Hope everyone else will do better then me and my scrubby world 1-2 run.

ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure if this is my best run ever, but it's the best I've had on PC -- Olmec dropped one row to the right of where I needed him, though, so no Hell for me. Pretty generous Mines and Ice seeds - try to save up early on!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

Woo! Like ateatree, I beat Olmec (although, I didn't do nearly as well, about a 1/3 of his score). The best score I've gotten and, by extension, the best I've done in a daily challenge.

amarriner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By amarriner

Crappy run for me. Started doing more ghosting, but lost focus and didn't see that arrow trap. Seems like a good seed, too.

Loading Video...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

@thurbleton: Well finally decided to play around with OBS. Played for about an hour. Outside of needing to ajust my mic levels the other issue I saw after watching back a bit of the archive was that you could hear the constant USB noise. I have my Turtle Beach headset and 360 controller plugged into the USB ports on the front of my PC and you can sort of hear a constant tone. By now I've learned to drown it out so it doesn't bother me but I'm unsure of how to remedy it? Shouldn't be a problem if I stream K&M games but whenever I plug the controller in I get that interference.

You can hear what I mean if you watch my archive for a few minutes.

jeconner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I died to shopkeepers. For shame.

Loading Video...

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By thurbleton

@demoskinos: The only suggestion I can think of for fixing the USB tone would be to pull the audio from the file (maybe converting with VLC Media Player, think thats free) and using something like Adobe Audition to capture a part where you just hear background noise (when you aren't talking) and then have Audition clear all that out. There'd still be a tone when you talk and the music may make it hard to scrub, but yeah... its a whole lot of work for not that better audio.

Maybe someone else can suggest a way to fix the usb sound *shrugs* Quality looks nice, if you have any questions for if you want to post on youtube I may have better luck answering those.

jayc4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Loading Video...

Looks like 1-4 got the best of most of us today. I died there also after making the mistake of trying to not buy anything, and also being dumb by trying to kill the shopkeeper with a mattock. And also lots and lots of dumb unforced errors.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By musubi

@jayc4life: Ugh, I'm so jelly I want that little dude with the sombrero.

Shinmaru007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Terrible run, haha. I think literally every decision I made was the incorrect one.

edaem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This is the best run I've had yet. Beat Yama and hit $1 million.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Vextroid

Not my finest moment run:

Loading Video...

Forgot to record the leaderboard at the end:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.