Eh...Three Full Days til Friday. What to do?

Posted by Torb (551 posts) -

Just finished Spiderman: Web of Shadows a lot sooner than I thought I would. Now I have nothing to play until Friday. I feel like a hopeless addict who needs a gaming fix. x.x
I'm gonna rerent Dead Space tomorrow if I can find it and finish up that campaign mode and see what it has to offer me. If all goes well, I should finish it before Gears 2 comes out and all will be right with the world.

Spiderman sure did make for a fun change of pace. The game is really well made and put together. Sure, it gets repetitive and a bit boring the longer it drags on, but overall never did I think a game could so accurately recreate Spiderman. The game feels very fluid. Definitely recommend playing it somehow. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised. The ending(s) really seemed to suck though. I left wanting something more from it. I picked both of the "good" conclusions (there are also two other "evil" ones). They just seemed...really tacked on. Dunno.

Hopefully have a Mass Effect review out soon just for the heck of it. Hopefully some parts of it will be a bit funny :D. Then I'm gonna try and review Mercs 2, Fable II, and Spiderman: WoS in that order. Should be fun.

Can't stop playing Mirror's Edge demo. I think I'm actually looking forward to that game more than Gears. Go ahead, flame me. I dare you.

#1 Posted by Torb (551 posts) -

Just finished Spiderman: Web of Shadows a lot sooner than I thought I would. Now I have nothing to play until Friday. I feel like a hopeless addict who needs a gaming fix. x.x
I'm gonna rerent Dead Space tomorrow if I can find it and finish up that campaign mode and see what it has to offer me. If all goes well, I should finish it before Gears 2 comes out and all will be right with the world.

Spiderman sure did make for a fun change of pace. The game is really well made and put together. Sure, it gets repetitive and a bit boring the longer it drags on, but overall never did I think a game could so accurately recreate Spiderman. The game feels very fluid. Definitely recommend playing it somehow. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised. The ending(s) really seemed to suck though. I left wanting something more from it. I picked both of the "good" conclusions (there are also two other "evil" ones). They just seemed...really tacked on. Dunno.

Hopefully have a Mass Effect review out soon just for the heck of it. Hopefully some parts of it will be a bit funny :D. Then I'm gonna try and review Mercs 2, Fable II, and Spiderman: WoS in that order. Should be fun.

Can't stop playing Mirror's Edge demo. I think I'm actually looking forward to that game more than Gears. Go ahead, flame me. I dare you.

#2 Posted by BraindeadRacr (523 posts) -

Mass Effect review, eh?

#3 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

I just finished Fallout3 today but have a few things I still need to do those saying it is short my play time was 28 hours so no not really that short but ending was kinda overhyped with 200 different endings than not even being a in game ending but more of a slideshow

#4 Posted by HellBound (1046 posts) -

I loved the Spidey game, GT's review of it fails.

#5 Posted by MattCarlo (7 posts) -

Web of Shadows, Gears 2, and Dead Space all great games. That's a lot of reviews dude, good luck, and if you have time check out my Gears of War 2 review on GameSpot.  (-E-N-E-M-Y-) Also, that Mirror's Edge demo is a lot of fun, it took me a while to get the hang of it but I did get it.

#6 Posted by DBoy (1997 posts) -

I need to finish Fable II and (hopefully) Dead Space before Friday, if I can.  It helps that there are no hockey games this week, so I won't be disturbed.

#7 Posted by pill92 (559 posts) -

I just downloaded the Mirrors edge demo,looking forward to playing it.

#8 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3184 posts) -

Are we the only people who actually dig the Mirror's Edge demo? It seems like that game is not talked about...

#9 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Mirrors edge demo was great, well other than the combat.

#10 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

Mirrors edge demo was great, well other than the combat.

#11 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Why haven't you rented Fallout 3? I'm still playing that or maybe I missed a blog and if that's the case, I'm sorry. Take care.

#12 Posted by GamerGeek360 (1959 posts) -

Mirror's Edge does look really fun! I have it on my GameFly list.

#13 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -
Tru3_Blu3 said:
"Are we the only people who actually dig the Mirror's Edge demo? It seems like that game is not talked about..."
It is very short and action at end but it was ok not buy worthy right now for me Im looking into Left 4 dead

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.