Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 20, 2007

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl is a First-Person-Shooter with many Role Playing elements. It's set in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone after a second fictional explosion in the not too distant future. It is known for its atmosphere and relatively difficult gameplay.

Looking for somebody in the know...

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By jimi

So I bought the stalker bundle on steam, really thrilled with it. One problem. SOC gives me a no support message when I boot it up, the other two load fine (I previously owned clear sky). Seeing as I want to play the games in order, this is a bit of a problem. 

I have tried editing the user.tlx file to change the resolution, after multiple attempts none work. All drivers and direct x are up to date... 

I'm kinda out of ideas here folks. The only thing that I can think of is my second monitor might be interfering? 
    Any help would be appreciated!

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

hmm pc games scare me

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By jimi

Ok I fixed it, anybody else having this problem make sure there is a user.tlx file in your    C:\documents and settings\All Users\documents\STALKER-SHOC 
     as well as   C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\_appdata_. 

It's irritating steam doesnt do this for you, but hey, can't complain for £6.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @hedfone said:
    " hmm pc games scare me "
    ive been a casual PC gamer since i was 6 and a 'hardcore' one since October 2007, and it still scares me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.