Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Franchise »

A post-apocalyptic FPS series set in the area surrounding the Chernobyl accident site. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stands for Scavengers, Trespassers, Adventurers, Loners, Killers, Explorers, and Robbers.

Stalker creators working on a new game :)

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

http://areal.west-games.com/

I recommend any big stalker fans to check it out.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Which STALKER creators? After GSC shut down they seem to have split off into different tribes. Some people left earlier to form 4A and make Metro, there's Vostok making Survarium (a sketchy F2P shooter), and now this.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@vuud said:

Which STALKER creators? After GSC shut down they seem to have split off into different tribes. Some people left earlier to form 4A and make Metro, there's Vostok making Survarium (a sketchy F2P shooter), and now this.

I think there was another offshoot at one point supposedly doing something. And I think the dude who owns GSC is still trying to do something with that.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm a bit skeptical on this. The 3D concept they've shown seems to be taken straight from the Unity3D asset store despite them saying that that it is a "new and fully proprietary game engine." And their Kickstarter is only asking for $50k, which doesn't seem like enough to make a game like STALKER.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud said:

I think the folks who worked on the original stalker series that are now working on Areal are mentioned mid way through the kickstarter page for the game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1577656602/areal

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheHumanDove

Sounds pretty nice, but let me be the first to say that the concept art for that wolf-thing on the main page is god awful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds pretty nice, but let me be the first to say that the concept art for that wolf on the main page is god awful

I thought it looked cool lol xD

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Corevi

@thunderslash: Yeah that seems pretty damning, fund at your own peril.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MiniPato

There's so much weird ass controversy around this kickstarter that it's hard to be smiley face optimistic about it.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vuud

Yeah so there seems to be quite a bit of feuding between these 3 tribes. They advertised this as a "spiritual successor" to S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and Sergei, being the owner of GSC (which only exists on paper) and the STALKER name takes umbrage with that, and Oleg Yavorsky (probably the most legit of the three here, since he was with STALKER from start to finish) is heading up Vostok and their Survarium MMO shooter is also claiming that West Games doesn't really have OG STALKER developers and his company is the true lineage to STALKER. There's also claims of using assets without permission and stuff like that.

This will be fun to watch.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

Probably the most underrated and influential game of the past 8 years. As a huge fan of the series and been active in the community forever, this could get ugly. Well, it already has and its too bad.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a link pretty much tearing this whole thing apart.

Also, someone on Reddit discovered that the pciture of the Lead Game Designer was taken straight from a stock photo website suggesting he (and possibly other members of the team) aren't even real people working on this game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a link pretty much tearing this whole thing apart.

Also, someone on Reddit discovered that the pciture of the Lead Game Designer was taken straight from a stock photo website suggesting he (and possibly other members of the team) aren't even real people working on this game.

This sucks :(

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The Metro 2033 people need to transition their games into something more like STALKER, that's our best bet for a spiritual successor anyways.

If they made it open world and a bit deeper it would be a pretty decent substitute. At least the 3 STALKER games still hold up well with the various mods such as Misery and Complete.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually read their kickstarter page just now and think it looks suspicious as hell. There's nothing but Unity stock assets and graphics from STALKER, they tout their X-Life AI programming a little too similar to STALKER's A-Life. I would definitely hold reservations about this, but the shitty part is they will probably reach their goal. I mean the whole point of Kickstarter is paying you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By gaminghooligan

I'm into this... like a lot.

No Caption Provided

But yeah this Kickstarter is highly suspect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Unfortunately it's a scam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.