Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 27, 2003

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time is the fourth game in the Star Ocean series. The game takes place 400 years after the third game, Star Ocean: Blue Sphere.

I got star ocean 3 again. But in the limited edition one but...

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

I need to ask people here. What is the best way to tell that I got the right edition. I don't trust the game store to not have swapped out regular editions with the special ones. So how would I know in the easiest way possible that I got the right edition?

I got this box one.

No Caption Provided

It is a different box from the one I bought 5 to 6 years ago which is this one.

PS2 box art (cropped)
    PS2 box art (cropped)

Are these two boxes ANY different!?

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Renahzor

I didn't even know they released a LE of this game. I thought it was only one version in the US

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Renahzor

@Jay444111: The top box art was original US release(similar to the japan box art), the bottom was for PS2 greatest hits and later. Should be identical aside from box art.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jay444111

@Renahzor said:

@Jay444111: The top box art was original US release(similar to the japan box art), the bottom was for PS2 greatest hits and later. Should be identical aside from box art.

Oh... I was kinda worried! Thank you very much!

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By killacam

i got pretty deep into this game once upon a time... then my NPC buddies started sitting out in battles. just.. standing there, motionless, while i got destroyed. i'm still upset about it.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jay444111

@killacam said:

i got pretty deep into this game once upon a time... then my NPC buddies started sitting out in battles. just.. standing there, motionless, while i got destroyed. i'm still upset about it.

...did you hurt his feelings?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

Man that bottom cover is bad.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By kindgineer

Would it honestly hurt you to take the 5 extra seconds and make better thread titles. Sheesh.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jay444111

@ck1nd said:

Would it honestly hurt you to take the 5 extra seconds and make better thread titles. Sheesh.

Sorry about that, Kinda having a off day today. I apologize!

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Petiew
    @killacam: Been years since I played it, but I think it had something to do with how you distributed points into your characters. If defence was much higher than attack on certain characters or if your MP hadn't been levelled up the characters often wouldn't attack. Death could be caused by reducing Mp to 0, so if the values had a huge difference the AI thought you were in danger of death or something similar.
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By SlightConfuse

I hope you know what you ate getting into story wise. Game has some good combat

RWBladewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RWBladewing

@Petiew said:

@killacam: Been years since I played it, but I think it had something to do with how you distributed points into your characters. If defence was much higher than attack on certain characters or if your MP hadn't been levelled up the characters often wouldn't attack. Death could be caused by reducing Mp to 0, so if the values had a huge difference the AI thought you were in danger of death or something similar.

I remember reading something along these lines myself, except it said that those points weren't actually a stat allocation system at all but rather a means to influence the AI. If their attack had many points put into it they'd be more aggressive, while a defense significantly higher than attack meant they wouldn't attack at all, etc. I also remember reading many complaints that the game didn't explain this at all which led to many ruined party members since as far as I recall you couldn't reset them.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By dooscent

@SlightConfuse said:

I hope you know what you ate getting into story wise. Game has some good combat

Some good combat, and some cheap battle trophy farms.

I'm looking at you 100 hours of afking against Noblemen!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.