Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

New DLC On The Way?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187
    Xbox360Achievements.org is reporting that the achievements for Force Unleashed have been updated to 1345, although no DLC has been announced yet...nor are Boba Fett, Jabba The Hutt, or Obi-Wan Kenobi available in the game in any way.  They are speculating that there will be an announcement for it, however, during the Star Wars keynote at the San Diego Comicon.

Psyched or not?  Frankly, as one of the comments on the news story also notes, I think it's sweet that one of them happens to be a Die Hard reference.  = D
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

that game should have been a movie. 

Edit: it could very well be the Jedi Temple level that was cut from the ps3 and 360 version but appeared on the ps2 and Wii versions. 
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#3  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Mordukai said:
    " that game should have been a movie. 

Edit: it could very well be the Jedi Temple level that was cut from the ps3 and 360 version but appeared on the ps2 and Wii versions. 
    "
    That level was already released. I know because I played it. It's a decent sized level, but hardly worth $10, even with all the extra costumes it gives.
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Lies
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " that game should have been a movie. 

"
    That level was already released. I know because I played it. It's a decent sized level, but hardly worth $10, even with all the extra costumes it gives. "
    Yeah, from the looks of things they're releasing the "Historical Battles" from the PSP version- you get to play things like Luke vs. Vader in Cloud City, Vader vs Obi-Wan, etc. Just like the Temple, this was included for free in the non-flagship versions of the game, and is now being charged for.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @ArbitraryWater: Ahh, I did not know that. I haven't played this game since it was released...LOL. I still think it should have been a movie and not a game, The story is a 1000 times better then all the new Start Wars movies combined, I am of course talking about episodes 1, 2 and 3. Samuel Witwer portryle as StarKiller was truly exceptional, way better then Hayden Christensen portrayal as Anakin Skeywalker. 

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @Mordukai: Agreed. The Force Unleashed is certainly better than the prequel trilogy by a mile (though Episode III was ok), even if the Gameplay itself is kind of derivative and frustrating at points.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#7  Edited By citizenkane

People still play this game?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
    @CitizenKane said:
    " People still play this game? "
    Well, I only noticed it because I'm working on Stranglehold achievements right now, and it was on their front page.  Also, I've been considering going back and finally finishing out the Sith Master difficulty achievement, as well as all my 500 kills achievements.  = D
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Pazy
    @CitizenKane said:
    " People still play this game? "

I go back to it every now and then on my PSP (though the PSP version sucks purely becuase he holds his lightsaber forward not back ;)) but even if I was playing it on my 360 I dont play it enough now to warrent DLC. I only played it enough closer to when I first got it.

Hopefully they are thinking along similer lines and realise that they have to bring out really amazing DLC to entice people at this point.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By 71Ranchero

Little bit late for this I think.

But for those few people that have been putting off getting the game they will get a nice little bonus.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Venatio

I really liked the Force Unleashed, I got it for free so maybe that had something to do with it

Although I dont really care about DLC for it unless its something really good and worth the money

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By sickVisionz

I played the PSP game and really loved the Order 66 mode, which is basically Star Wars Horde Mode.  I was going to buy it on 360 until I found out that mode wasn't even in the game.  These achievements seem like they added in the Historic Battle mode from the PSP so I hope Order 66 comes as well.

It's kinda silly that the portable version is better than the console version in every way except graphics.  More levels, more modes... all the consoles got is better graphics that weren't all that better than other console games :(

Anyways, if this DLC is Order 66, i'll probably buy this game now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.