Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

I want to like this game so much~

• 55 results
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By CL60
    @Kaiji said:

OK, you have no respect for my opinion. I got the message before, but thanks for keeping me updated. Yes, I'm extremely excited for Guild Wars 2. What does that prove? It proves I like MMOs that don't suck. As I said, I'm GLAD you like TOR. See how I don't tear your opinion apart? It's because I have the humility and decency to respect other people's opinions. It's a shame you can't do the same.

I would if you were actually logical rather than bashing the game for every one of your posts on the entire site then spout ridiculous nonsense like "F2P MMOs are 5 times better than this." Plus this quote is another example of why I'm "ripping you apart" 

Yes, I'm extremely excited for Guild Wars 2. What does that prove? It proves I like MMOs that don't suck. 
    Kaiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Kaiji

I haven't had anything to say about any other games on this site. If you honestly believe that invalidates my opinions of TOR, I'll just let you carry on being incorrect.
    TOR will sell a huge amount at release, then it will immediately lose at least 50% of it's subscribers, followed by a constant downward spiral until it ultimately ends up where it belongs: F2P.
    You're obviously one of these special people who thinks that getting the last word in an argument means you win, so I'll let you have your precious last word while you wait for TOR to fail spectacularly.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By CL60
    @Kaiji said:

I haven't had anything to say about any other games on this site. If you honestly believe that invalidates my opinions of TOR, I'll just let you carry on being incorrect. TOR will sell a huge amount at release, then it will immediately lose at least 50% of it's subscribers, followed by a constant downward spiral until it ultimately ends up where it belongs: F2P. You're obviously one of these special people who thinks that getting the last word in an argument means you win, so I'll let you have your precious last word while you wait for TOR to fail spectacularly.

It's laughable that you think you respect other peoples opinions. 

ends up where it belongs: F2P. 

so I'll let you have your precious last word while you wait for TOR to fail spectacularly.

Yes, I'm extremely excited for Guild Wars 2. What does that prove? It proves I like MMOs that don't suck. 

Please tell me, what exactly makes TOR 5x duller than F2P MMOs?  Surely it can't be the combat, because after playing the beta I can say with utmost confidence it is extremely polished, fast paced and exciting. Could it be the story? Nope, all 5 of the classes I played had interesting stories that you just wanted to see more of, typical Bioware quality storytelling. Yet you say that this is 5x duller than f2p MMOs, 90% of which involve grinding for hours(Which doesn't exist in TOR at all). Hmm. 

Again, I don't care if somebody dislikes a game I don't. But you and people like Shady just are simply here to bash the game, and it's obvious with your stupid exaggerations and outright lies. It's very easy to tell judging from your GW2 comment of "It proves I like MMOs that don't suck" that you are only bashing the game because you're a GW2 fanboy.  

Me on the other hand will be playing both games, but I'm more interested in TOR because I know I like that style of MMO. But with GW2 I don't, because other MMOs have tried what it's doing in terms of combat and failed. 
    Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Tonyyj

@CL60: Buddy just drop it, it's his opinion. He isn't bashing yours, he's stating his. Everything that you're stating in your posts are your opinion as well, and if you want people to respect that, you'll have to understand that there are always people who are going to disagree with you.

As you note in your post, "I can say with utmost confidence," that is YOUR confidence, YOUR opinion. What you think is 'fast paced and exciting' could be slow and dull to others. And before you hate on me too, this is coming from someone who hopes you're right because I have high hopes for the game.

Also, his opinion may or may not be exaggerated but a different opinion isn't a lie.

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Hargreaves93

I really wanted to like this game. I haven't liked or played an MMORPG since Runescape which I loved so much at the time, I became a member. Aah, the good old days of being in year 8.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.