Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Target Release Window

altdimension

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By altdimension

Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Manager Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg has now confirmed the 2011 release date we reported on yesterday in an announcement made to the official Star Wars: The Old Republic forums. With the genie essentially out of the bottle due to yet another slip by EA's CEO John Riccitiello this comes as no surprise to us.

Additionally, Sean mentions that while the game will be launching in 2011, that this year will still see some significant developments fans of the game can look forward to, including the first hands-on testing of the game!

View the full announcement here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=109426

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

You know, as excited as I am to see how this project turns out, I can't say as I'm disappointed by this news.  There are so many quality titles coming out this year, I don't know if I would have the time to invest in a new MMORPG.
    Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Jayzilla

It's great news. Between that and Guild Wars 2 next year, I won't have to buy another game  in 2011 til 2012!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

I'm so excited, and I can't hide it. This might be the first game that makes me take on a MMORPG.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

This makes me sad since I was looking forward to a Christmas 2010 release, but what's done is done.  Basically, this means my 2010 is wide open.  Once Mass Effect 2 drops, all other games set for release are equal in my eyes. 

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By maxszy

Wow I missed this! This is exciting! Would have been awesome to see a holiday 2010 release but I realize that was just completely dreaming on my part. Always knew it was...but I could hope!

Still though that's only a little over a year away. It'll come faster that we know it. Awesome! Least we have an idea as to when to hope for it!

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By grilledcheez

Good, this gives me time to get a decent computer other than this laptop to play it on :)

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60

Good, better they actually do work on it instead of trying to push it out as fast as possible. I don't want this to be just another garbage MMO.

j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By j_drace

I'm glad that they are working diligently and not trying to push the game to come out ASAP, but at the same time I can't wait for this.  Hopefully it's better than WoW or close to it.  I've played many MMOs and didn't really get into many of them including WoW, but you cannot deny how well designed and thought out WoW is. 

Trngrent666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Trngrent666

gunna be a sick game if its anything like the other knights of the old republic games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.