Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

GiantBomb Community StarCraft II 1v1 Beta Tournament

• 172 results
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By harris

Finalized bracket is now up! See main post for details. The rules are also slightly updated, so be sure to read them over before tomorrow. 

Looking forward to playing with everyone :)

SilverShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By SilverShadow

Sweet! If I win my first match I get to play against Brad :) Well...he has to win his first match too

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#103  Edited By KaosAngel

I can't start my game until at least 2:30 p.m. EST, I won't get back from my law project until then.  >.> 

Art of War, you okay with that? 

EDIT:  I talked to him on Steam, he's cool with it.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By harris
    @KaosAngel: That'll be 1:30 PM CST, right? The tournament starts at 2:00 PM CST, so that should be fine.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By KaosAngel
    @harris said:

" @KaosAngel: That'll be 1:30 PM CST, right? The tournament starts at 2:00 PM CST, so that should be fine. "

I just had to look up CST, damn I'm an idiot and forgot the East Coast is before everyone else...I kept thinkng 1:30 CST was 12:30 EST.  >.> 

EDIT:  Next time we do this, we need to lock down everyone's race so no one can bitch about having the pre-game advantage of switching race when they find out what they are playing.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By Pinworm45
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @harris said:

" @KaosAngel: That'll be 1:30 PM CST, right? The tournament starts at 2:00 PM CST, so that should be fine. "

I just had to look up CST, damn I'm an idiot and forgot the East Coast is before everyone else...I kept thinkng 1:30 CST was 12:30 EST.  >.>
    If it makes you feel better, I made the exact same mistake myself. In fact I revolved my plans around staying up so I'd be awake only to realise we're ahead, and that it's actually 2:30 est not 12:30 xD. Oh well at least I caught it in time to still get some sleep.
    zeox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By zeox

Sweet, excited to see the brackets are up! 
    Just as a sidenote, I am playing from europe. If any lag occurs, I'll just forfeit the game. I don't want to impose lag on people just so I can play. 

quick question: are the matches leading up to the semis bo1 or bo3?

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Pinworm45
    @SilverShadow said:
    " Sweet! If I win my first match I get to play against Brad :) Well...he has to win his first match too "
    not if I have anything to say about it :P 

See you guys tomorrow!
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#109  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @zeox said:
    " Sweet, excited to see the brackets are up! Just as a sidenote, I am playing from europe. If any lag occurs, I'll just forfeit the game. I don't want to impose lag on people just so I can play.  quick question: are the matches leading up to the semis bo1 or bo3? "
    Since we're doing double elim it's gonna be bo1
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#111  Edited By kishan6
    @Pinworm45 said:
    " @SilverShadow said:
    " Sweet! If I win my first match I get to play against Brad :) Well...he has to win his first match too "
    not if I have anything to say about it :P  See you guys tomorrow! "
    lol
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Eisen said:
    " I may have to withdraw.  I received a call from a client and will have to work today.  I have doubts that I would be done in time before the tourney starts.  It would be pushing it based on the request I received.  If i'm not online, you can consider my match forfeit. "
    Nooooooo, and after I spent all morning getting hyped for our match!  I'll keep an eye out for you, I hope you can make it.
    corvus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By corvus

if you need a replacement i can play, wharve.wharve

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By harris
    @zeox: Only the semi-finals and finals are best of 3 

@Corvus: You may be able to take eisen's spot, if he is unable to play. When I post the link to the tournament page, ask me about it in the chat. 
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By KaosAngel

Okay, I'll be home soon...and will be switching between two PCs.  One will be for spectating with ArtofWar and doing a LiveStream with commantary, and then go back upstairs with my main desktop to play.  The PC downstairs is hooked up to a 60" TV, so I can't play on that.

Gonna get home, try to hook it up...and take a massive fuckign dump.  My partners decided to get mexican for lunch, and it's killing me quick.  x.x

If I can't hook up the Stream, then I will just stick with the upstairs PC.

EDIT:  The PC downstairs also plays the game on Ultra, while the upstairs one does it on Mid...for faster fps and lack of colours.  Too many fucking colours in SC2.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By harris

Alright everyone, we're ready to get rolling! Of course, the tournament doesn't technically start until 2:00PM CST, but if you'd like to get your first match done early or just chat with us, come on in! 

Here's the link:  http://harrism.com/GBSC2/ 
    The site includes a live-updating bracket as well as a chat. Simply follow the instructions on the site and you'll be in. 
    Note: If you're not participating in the tournament, please don't enter the chat.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By KaosAngel
    oldmouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By oldmouse

Oh... boy.... 

Im screwed.

Domorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Domorin

This really is a ton of fun, and it's not even over yet! I am all for doing this again sometime! 

Also, Brad's kicking some ass!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By KaosAngel

I got all the streams uploading, thanks for watching...and it's gonna get kinda full next week with the TeamLiquid users watching it, we just had to test it out today.  

Thanks for baring with it, and this shit is down now...and a lot of us will be making custom games and whatnot, so it's going to be fun.  :)

EDIT:  Brad's game IS FINALLY UP!  The offical timeslot of the game is at 10 minutes on the dot.

Look for the most recent video!  The latter half has my brother commontating, plus a bonus 2v2 with some fellow GB users!

Linky

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#122  Edited By jmrwacko

Here's the Zuul vs. Ringbearer game that had that really cool mothership play (will be 1080p by tomorrow) --> 

Shane394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Shane394

Awesome replay, I loved your and Kaos's commentary on my games (I'm Flippy) 
    "Someone in that chat just said I like it when the Blue and Green dots on the map move... ain't that the truth..."
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Shane394 said:
    " Awesome replay, I loved your and Kaos's commentary on my games (I'm Flippy) "Someone in that chat just said I like it when the Blue and Green dots on the map move... ain't that the truth..." "
    Sorry about my brother.  >.>
    mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#125  Edited By mesklinite
    @mesklinite said:
    "Saturday is bad for me, I'll have to drop out, but I'll be int he next one! "

Sorry about missing out guys, I accidently let SC2 run in the background. The inlaws were here for the evening so didn't get back to my computer till just now which why I posted that a few days ago. If I'm still in just message me at messier16 at hotmail.com and I'll try to jumo on quickly!
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By harris
    @mesklinite: Sorry, we had to disqualify you. However, check back next Saturday, you may be able to replace someone who doesn't show up.
    Zuul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Zuul
    @jmrwacko said:

" Here's the Zuul vs. Ringbearer game that had that really cool mothership play (will be 1080p by tomorrow) --> 

"
    Thanks for the upload. I was really pissed when he scanned my base right after my Mothership popped, which is why I made it change trajectories. I guess I could've placed that Mothership better, but oh well. That gold expansion is what made me win the game overall. 

Also, I was wondering when we are finishing the losers bracket.
    yami4ct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#128  Edited By yami4ct

I may have lost both my games, but I had a really amazing time. I hope we can get together and do this on a regular basis. 

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#129  Edited By mesklinite
    @harris:

Perfect !
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By NickL

oh wow, i didnt believe that brad was getting good at this game but it looks like he had a good run i kinda hope he comes back from the losers bracket to win it all, however unlikely that actually is xD

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By KaosAngel
    @NickL said:
    " oh wow, i didnt believe that brad was getting good at this game but it looks like he had a good run i kinda hope he comes back from the losers bracket to win it all, however unlikely that actually is xD "
    Brad needs to learn to push....he had that ENTIRE game down, his first 5 minutes were flawless.  He couldve easily one.  He's way to passive and underestimates just how strong a single protoss unit is.  A single Zeolot can take out 4 lings with ease, his units could've ended the match quick.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Pinworm45

Hey guys, I had a lot of fun. I wasn't able to stay for the loser-match, I dunno if I can do that tomorrow or if it's too late, but hopefully I can. I was the one who was the first to lose to brad :P. My second 1v1 game (I usually play 2v2), and I totally messed up by not seeing his cybernetics, then out of nowhere i noticed my overlords being killed by a large army of Stalkers, which supply blocked me and won Brad the game. Totally not trying to take away credit, Brad outlasted and it was a great game, but I do wish I could have had that last 5 minutes back :P 

see you guys tomorrow! 

zeox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By zeox

Thanks for all the fun games so far guys, this tourney is really helping me with my TvT's :P

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#134  Edited By wunder_

Hey guys, just popping in to say great job so far! But a quick questions or suggestion: Do you think you could rename the replays to be more easily defined? I can only find two matches from Brad and I can't find some other matches as there are replays with the names of the actual map and not the players in them... Thanks for doing this tournament and hopefully I can participate in the next one!

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#135  Edited By Brad
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @NickL said:
    " oh wow, i didnt believe that brad was getting good at this game but it looks like he had a good run i kinda hope he comes back from the losers bracket to win it all, however unlikely that actually is xD "
    Brad needs to learn to push....he had that ENTIRE game down, his first 5 minutes were flawless.  He couldve easily one.  He's way to passive and underestimates just how strong a single protoss unit is.  A single Zeolot can take out 4 lings with ease, his units could've ended the match quick. "

Being too timid about pushing is my #1 problem in this game, it never feels like I have a big enough army to go in, or I always imagine they have more units hanging out in their base than they actually do. Giving the other guy too much time to tech and macro is why I lose 80% of the games I lose. Hard to get out of that habit.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By kishan6

sooo harris wen we gunna finish this shit up 

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By harris
    @kishan6: The next tournament day will be next Saturday, same time, same place. However, you can always play matches during the week if you can get your opponent to do so. Just upload the replay and shoot me a PM. 
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By KaosAngel
    @harris said:
    " @kishan6: The next tournament day will be next Saturday, same time, same place. However, you can always play matches during the week if you can get your opponent to do so. Just upload the replay and shoot me a PM.  "
    Anyway I can forfit and let my brother replace me?  I think I'll just stick to Commentary as I no have a channel on TeamLiquid, and enjoy the e-sport scene much more...rather than playing.  Plus, we all know all I will play on SC2 is the next-gen DotA map.  >.>
    DeviantJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By DeviantJoker

Great to see the brackets and tourny is moving along. Couldn't join this time because of an exam, but looking forward to the next one. I'll keep my eye out for the next tournament.

Zuul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Zuul
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @harris said:
    " @kishan6: The next tournament day will be next Saturday, same time, same place. However, you can always play matches during the week if you can get your opponent to do so. Just upload the replay and shoot me a PM.  "
    Anyway I can forfit and let my brother replace me?  I think I'll just stick to Commentary as I no have a channel on TeamLiquid, and enjoy the e-sport scene much more...rather than playing.  Plus, we all know all I will play on SC2 is the next-gen DotA map.  >.> "
    I hear ya. That's all I did with Warcraft 3.
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By harris
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @harris said:
    Anyway I can forfit and let my brother replace me?  I think I'll just stick to Commentary as I no have a channel on TeamLiquid, and enjoy the e-sport scene much more...rather than playing.  Plus, we all know all I will play on SC2 is the next-gen DotA map.  >.> "  
    Yeah, I guess so. What's his name.identifier?
    Almus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Almus

Dang, This looks like a lot of fun, to bad I missed out!

We should have someone start shoutcasting these games, that would be a good addition to the GB community

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By raiz265
    @Brad said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @NickL said:
    Brad needs to learn to push....he had that ENTIRE game down, his first 5 minutes were flawless.  He couldve easily one.  He's way to passive and underestimates just how strong a single protoss unit is.  A single Zeolot can take out 4 lings with ease, his units could've ended the match quick. "
     Being too timid about pushing is my #1 problem in this game, it never feels like I have a big enough army to go in, or I always imagine they have more units hanging out in their base than they actually do. Giving the other guy too much time to tech and macro is why I lose 80% of the games I lose. Hard to get out of that habit. "
    story of my (starcraft2-)life... 
    doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By doe3879

Missed the saturday match : (
    what can I do to redeem myself 

DoE.dante

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By harris
    @doe3879: It looks like you've been disqualified, but drop by this Saturday to see if there's anyone you can replace.
    STEVEOO6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By STEVEOO6

Woah Starcraft II Tournament. Sorry i missed this one but i'm definitely up next time. 

Steve.qaz

Add me if your interested in playing some 2v2 or just want to practice some strategies. I play Terran

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By KaosAngel

Replace kaosangel.kaosangel with novastrike.megamanx please.

I will be shooting every match live and will give up my slot to my brother.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By StarvingGamer

GET HYPE!!!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By KaosAngel

What time are we starting?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By StarvingGamer

Same time right? 2PM CST?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.