Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Hyperion Radio, a GB StarCraft II Community Podcast

• 200 results
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By harris

WchigoMoztacularThatFroodDomorin and I have decided to put together a StarCraft podcast. You might recognize us from the Giant Bomb Community StarCraft II touraments, we've all either organized, casted, or participated in those. We think it turned out pretty well.      

Find all episodes here.

Other places to find us: RSSiTunes pageour site
    Send us an email at:   PodcastOverwhelming@gmail.com
    We would love to hear any sort of feedback and will read everything, thanks!
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By harris

WchigoMoztacularThatFroodDomorin and I have decided to put together a StarCraft podcast. You might recognize us from the Giant Bomb Community StarCraft II touraments, we've all either organized, casted, or participated in those. We think it turned out pretty well.      

Find all episodes here.

Other places to find us: RSSiTunes pageour site
    Send us an email at:   PodcastOverwhelming@gmail.com
    We would love to hear any sort of feedback and will read everything, thanks!
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Yay new update.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By thatfrood

Woo! It was a lot of fun this time around, a bunch more banter-y. I just hope we don't end up being incomprehensible because of that.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By wchigo

Yeah, as mentioned in the cast it was a bit odd to play a game based around deception to build trust/friendship type thing, but I think the results of it were oddly positive, lol.

Again, any and all comments are welcome. We definitely weren't as stiff as first time 'round, but let us know if we went a bit too far in the other direction. Thanks to everyone who subscribed and to all the listeners, this ♥'s for you.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By wunder_

Yaaaaaaaaaay just as I see this post my iTunes updates. :3

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thatfrood

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, the quality of my sound is awful. I am so sorry. I'll be working on fixing that asap.
    Ugh.

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ekajarmstro

Episode was really awesome.

I didn't have any problems with sound quality -- but I guess I'm not annoyed by it. I'm used to having computer fans whining all the time anyways.

Also, Moz (I think it was him) fails. They already announced the custom maps are for free.

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Moztacular
    @EkajArmstro:  Dang hadn't realized they had announced they would be free! I'll stand by what I said to the bitter end however!

(also i was being a little devil's advocate during that segment so we weren't all just nodding our heads all podcast long!)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
    deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good podcast. I liked the discussion of things they could add that would make the mechanics easier. I wouldn't like to see that, cause those are the the kind of things make me feel like I am actually getting better at the game from a fundamental point. If they just added those things I feel like that would be too easy....I like the challenge. :P 

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thule

Good episode, you were alot more laid back and there was a bit more banter than last time. If you can strike a balance between serious and banter, this will continue to be a good podcast.

Audio was a bit uneven this time. I listened to it while cycling to work and I had to turn up the volume once you started talking and had to turn it down once the music started again. It's a minor thing though, overall everyone was understandable and clear.

My take on TLO changing race:
    I think you guys are forgetting that TLO is really good with Zerg. During the Beta he was one of the more creative and inspiring players with Zerg. TLO is a player that likes to do off-the-wall stuff and likes to do tricky stuff. Zerg is a race that'll allow him to do that, considering they've got alot of tricks up their sleeve(Burrow-play, Nydus-play) We haven't seen alot of those things yet from most Zergs, and I feel TLO will like playing around with that.  Now that the Terran early game options have been reduced, I think TLO feels much more comfortable with Zerg.
    I think getting mad at TLO for changing his race because you think he's changing because of the patch is a little dumb. I like TLO regardless of what race he plays, and if he decides to change back to Terran, I, as a Zerg-player won't be mad at him.
    He's playing, so he gets to decide what race he wants to play.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sixghost
    @Thule said:
    " Good episode, you were alot more laid back and there was a bit more banter than last time. If you can strike a balance between serious and banter, this will continue to be a good podcast.  Audio was a bit uneven this time. I listened to it while cycling to work and I had to turn up the volume once you started talking and had to turn it down once the music started again. It's a minor thing though, overall everyone was understandable and clear.  My take on TLO changing race: I think you guys are forgetting that TLO is really good with Zerg. During the Beta he was one of the more creative and inspiring players with Zerg. TLO is a player that likes to do off-the-wall stuff and likes to do tricky stuff. Zerg is a race that'll allow him to do that, considering they've got alot of tricks up their sleeve(Burrow-play, Nydus-play) We haven't seen alot of those things yet from most Zergs, and I feel TLO will like playing around with that.  Now that the Terran early game options have been reduced, I think TLO feels much more comfortable with Zerg.I think getting mad at TLO for changing his race because you think he's changing because of the patch is a little dumb. I like TLO regardless of what race he plays, and if he decides to change back to Terran, I, as a Zerg-player won't be mad at him. He's playing, so he gets to decide what race he wants to play. "
    Agreed on the TLO point. If you ask me, he's been a Zerg all along that was just playing Terran because of how stupidly powerful that race was for the first 3 months of retail.
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wchigo
    @Wunder_: 
    Hope you enjoy!

@ThatFrood:
    Yeah, listening over the cast I found myself to be SUPER loud in comparison to everyone else. Definitely need to adjust that for next time 'round. ¬_¬;

@EkajArmstro:
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed! And yes, Moz does fail, in many different ways. ;D

@MauveForest:
    Thanks. Yeah, it actually kind of just come up during the recording (oh noes, I'm giving away ze magick!) but I think it was a great addition to the cast, as well as these kinds of discussions are what I had hoped would take place when the original idea was conceived. So all in all, mission accomplished!

@Thule:
    Thanks for the support. We're definitely taking all comments to heart and we will be making adjustments to hopefully avoid problems like that in the future.

I think we're actually all in agreement here on the TLO race change. I recall reading a thread on TL.net where people were basically calling TLO out for switching races because Zerg is the "new OP" race. Hence why, during the podcast, I said that these same people seem to have forgotten that TLO used to play random, then eventually decided to focus more on Zerg and Terran in specific. I actually thought about switching to Terran from Protoss numerous times because of their wide variety of viable, scary openings that you could be creative with, and I think TLO felt the same way which is most likely the reason that he played T exclusively in tournaments, up until now.

If you go back, I think you'll find that none of us are criticizing TLO for his decision and we all pretty much agree with you. :3
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#13  Edited By StarvingGamer

WoooOOoOooOOOOoooOOoOoOOOOooo

As soon as my right arm falls off from Pro Drumming I'll give this a listen-to.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By harris

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Glad to see someone other than ourselves enjoy our discussions :D

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Thule
    @wchigo: 
    I wasn't trying to imply that we weren't in agreement. I know you weren't the ones giving shit to TLO for changing his race. It was just my general opinion on the matter and to the people who got mad at him. So, we're cool :)
    EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By EnchantedEcho
    @ThatFrood: If you want better quality get everyone to record locally with Audacity and then get them to send you the files and sync them up, apply a few noise filters and stuff and it should sound pretty good.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thatfrood
    @EnchantedEcho said:
    " @ThatFrood: If you want better quality get everyone to record locally with Audacity and then get them to send you the files and sync them up, apply a few noise filters and stuff and it should sound pretty good. "
    That was what we planned on doing originally.
    But the issue with my sound quality isn't that. The issue with my sound quality was talking too close to my mic.
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wchigo
    @StarvingGamer: 
    But if your right arm falls off, how can you play SC2?!  D:

@Thule:
    Ah, sorry about that. When you said "you guys", I assumed you were referring to the crew, and we all know what assuming does to a person... ¬_¬;
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By audiosnag

SCREW YOU GUYS FOR BASHING TLO!!
    Kidding.
    Listened to this today. Awesome awesome awesome. It seemed like 200% better then Ep 1, and I thought 1 was really good. Zero dead air, everyone seemed a lot more relaxed and it was pretty damn entertaining. Specially the Phantom segment. Hilarious.
    Keep up the good work guys.

Daggith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Daggith

I haven't listened to both episodes in their entirety yet, but just want to say good job. Keep it up :)

Also, Harris, more tournaments please :P

Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By Jayzz

i love the podcast, but the sound hurts my ears with those scratchy noises!

EDit: LOL about the quick save story, so true.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By harris

Thanks for all the feedback! 

@Jayzz: Yeah, we'll try to get that fixed.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By ZombiePie

StarCraft is serious busniess. Flames and epic music together.

No Caption Provided
    Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jayzz
    @harris:  subscribed to you guys on itunes.. or atleast i think i did. 
    really loved the podcast to be honest.
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By harris
    @Jayzz: Awesome, glad to hear you liked it :D
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thatfrood
    @Jayzz said:
    " i love the podcast, but the sound hurts my ears with those scratchy noises!   EDit: LOL about the quick save story, so true. "
    Yeah, that is entirely my fault. I'm so sorry.
    I have a new mic now, so that problem should be solved. Seriously, I am so embarassed about that.
    Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jayzz
    @harris said:

" @Jayzz: Awesome, glad to hear you liked it :D "

when do you guys usually play? im 4th rank in my division for platinum, use to be gold until i watched day9.
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By harris
    @Jayzz: We all play at various times, but we've been tending to play together around late afternoon EST, especially on weekends. If you'd like to play with us, a great time to catch us would be phantom phriday tommorow (well, today), or just message us while we're on.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pinworm45

Hey guys, I finally got the chance to listen to these (while playing some Phantom in preparation for tonight), and I like them a lot. I like how you guys talk about a variety of subjects, from patch notes, balance, but then other stuff like custom maps and such. 

I'll definitely be tuning in. 

PS: Debates is awesome.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By harris
    @Pinworm45: Glad you like it! Clearly we should have a weekly debates event.
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wchigo
    @audiosnag: 
    Thanks so much for the kind words! Yeah, going back to episode 1 the new one was clearly an improvement, as not having to touch on patch notes definitely livened things up a bit. Your continued patronage is much obliged.

@Daggith:
    Thanks! And yeah Harris, get your butt in gear. ;D

@Jayzz:
    Thanks for the feedback and even more so for the subscription!

@Pinworm45:
    Thanks duder! Lookin' forward to a night of backstabbing and baseless accusations! And yes, we need a Debates off!
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#32  Edited By StarvingGamer

Just wanted to say great job, you kept my brain from exploding for half of my 3 hour drive to Redlands today. Also @harris downloading directly to my Droid from the link in the thread worked this time woohoo.

Only concern is that for some reason on my playlist, both episodes have the exact same title so I had to guess at which one was the right one.

Keep it up!

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By harris
    @StarvingGamer: Thanks :D I'll see about the naming thing next time.
    Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Moztacular

Hey harris also when i view the information/description for an episode on itunes it says "Download: episode 2 Listen: " is there a way to make that go away?! I know I'm part of the podcast crew and all but I don't how the hell any of this itunes business works! DO IT!

Also thanks to everyone else for the nice feedback, I'm already working on my introduction for tomorrow's third episode so I can bomb that too. cya then.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By harris
    @moztacular: Oh, yeah, that's due to the description being pulled directly from the blog post about each episode on the site. I'll look into it.
    wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By wchigo
    @StarvingGamer: 
    Thanks! Hope we can continue to keep any grey matter from combusting!

@moztacular:
    You failed at bombing sir. I am greatly disappointed. =/
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By harris

New episode up! 

Also, look out for a special-audio-debates-game-series-bonus later this week! It was quite entertaining.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By wunder_

I'm so excited for Episode 3.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By audiosnag
    @ZombiePie said:
    " StarCraft is serious busniess. Flames and epic music together.

No Caption Provided
    "
    I missed this but I'm hearing O Fortuna in my head. 
    Stoked for Episode 3.
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By harris
    @Wunder_: @audiosnag: I'm excited/stoked to hear what you guys think of it :D
    Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Thule

Just finished listening to Episode 3. It was good. 
    You guys are getting into the hang of things and it's really coming together well. Also huge thanks for the shout out to the EU tournament I'm running, I didn't even have to ask for it.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By harris
    Here's our special bonus debates episode. (We started off a bit rough at first, not explaining things, but we improve after the first 'debate')
    It'll be on the feed later this week, but if you're cool enough to be checking this thread, listen to it early!     
    Laughlin_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Laughlin_12

Though I don't have much Starcraft II interest, I'll give it a listen.

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Moztacular
    @harris:  For the record I was not drunk or on drugs when we recorded this debates thing, I was just really having a fun time with it. I've ruined myself in the eyes of many I'm sure by the end of it all.
    harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By harris

Ok, bonus episode is up on the feed. I'm kind of afraid of the feedback we'll get for this one "-_-.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By wchigo
    @harris said:
    " Ok, bonus episode is up on the feed. I'm kind of afraid of the feedback we'll get for this one "-_-. "
    lol...

No drugs were involved in the making of that recording. Really, I swear! ¬_¬;;
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By wunder_

DEBATES!

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By harris

New episode up. This one was pretty good, check it out!

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By wunder_

Just in time for Sushi ;3

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thatfrood

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.