Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

"Learn to play noob", even though you won.

• 145 results
    A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow

I have to say cannon pushing is pretty cheesy (i've used it) but that only works if your opponet is not paying attention (I play in bronze and doubt it work anywhere but bronze)
    Also is zealot rushing cheese? Also void rays cheap I've heard many people complain about them

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By meptron

there is no cheap play in a strategy game. the person who plays the best game will always win, nothing is left to luck, and everything you build is intentional. if I get beat by a rush then I deserved to get beat. period.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#53  Edited By meptron
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    " 6 pool is cheese.  In the same way that proxy 2 gate is cheese.  I haven't been beat by a 6 pool in awhile, if they just do that.  If they are any good after your stop them, they will switch to banelings.  Marines can kill zerglings while an SCV repairs the wall in, but if banelings come and the defender isn't ready, they are screwed.  6 pool rushing is like a 100 pound guy kicking brock lesnar in the nuts and saying he is a better fighter.  But if you aren't using 6 pool and are just beating  players in silver, then its all good.  Defending from a early, non-cheese rush is a important skill to learn.  "
    Brock Lesnar wouldn't let himself get kicked in the nuts by a 100 pound guy. That is part of what makes him a superior fighter. 
    Likewise, a superior starcraft player will not let themselves be beat by a rush. They wil anticipate it, counter it, and win. Just like Brock Lesnar.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By FunExplosions
    @SquirrelGOD said:
    " You should always, ALWAYS, play a competitive game like you were John McClane.  End of story.  What does John McClane do?  Whatever it takes to fucking WIN.  He doesn't bitch if the bad guys have machine guns and shoes.  No, he gets out there, and gets that shit done.  All you people whining about how you get your asses beat by certain tactics need to stop bitching and do what needs to be done to overcome the problem and get the win.  ...Also, John McClane wouldn't throw a damn hissy fit if he lost in a VIDEO GAME.  So, stop playing if you're not having fun and your feelings are getting so badly hurt. "
    This right here is the only post that matters.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#55  Edited By Jazz

Personally I find walling up your base and then just mass producing X flying unit until you have 40+ incredibly cheesy, and yet that seems to be acceptable. 
    I tend to respect people who use surgical strikes and counter well. I've been mauled by a 6 pool before, and I'd much rather have that than late game spam. The first is my own fault for not acting quick enough, the second is just spam and boring. But what do I know? I'm crap anyway.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Meptron: 

If you walked up behind Brock Lesnar and kicked him in the nuts, he has some telepathic ability to stop this?

Anyway, another thing I would like to say.  If you are 6 pool rushing, you really aren't making yourself a better player.  Many people in this thread said that it can work easily in bronze and silver, but if you want to get any higher you have to actually play the game.  There will come a point when a cheese strategy stops working because the people you are playing are better than you.  Once you get there, you will have no idea what to do after it fails and you will lose.

By all means, if you want to continue to get wins with an easy tactic, and not improve as a player then continue to do it. 

I believe there are 3 types of people in this thread: 
    1) "there is no cheese in real war! do what you have to do!" (which is just false by the way, there are tactics that are very frowned upon in war, and will turn people against you quickly)
    2) "its cheese and you are a noob" (this is an understandable position.  Anyone that gets beat by this isn't learning from their loss.  They are simply getting beat, and don't really know what to do to stop it.
    3) "its cheese and you are holding yourself back as a player" (this is me!)
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By DoctorWelch

I've played like 100 matches and I havent really seen that much of this. I do early reaper rushes and marauder rushes and stuff and I never seem to get anyone that bitches. Maybe I have just been getting lucky by getting matched up in games with decent human beings. I also dont really do crazy weird builds that often so people dont feel cheated I guess.

haoshiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By haoshiro

Don't you all think Blizzard has tested this? 

If it was a really big problem, and 6pool was overpowered, can't they fix that by bumping the cost and build time of the pool? 

As Terran could you not build a rax and depot at your entrance, maybe even pump out a marine too, in the time it takes to 6pool and get those lings across the map? 

I think this is why some call it a noob tactic, there is a substantial amount of luck involved that this works.  Esp on a map that has multiple spawn points.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#59  Edited By thatfrood

A zerg strategy?
    Overpowered?

excuse me I just have to go over here andAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

oh man you're funny. You're a funny guy. *wipes tear from eye*
    No but seriously, you're joking, right?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Haoshiro: 

I had someone 6 pool rush me.  I stopped it, and when I did he blamed the map, said Terran was OP, and left the game.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By dbz1995
    @SquirrelGOD said:
    " You should always, ALWAYS, play a competitive game like you were John McClane.  End of story.  What does John McClane do?  Whatever it takes to fucking WIN.  He doesn't bitch if the bad guys have machine guns and shoes.  No, he gets out there, and gets that shit done.  All you people whining about how you get your asses beat by certain tactics need to stop bitching and do what needs to be done to overcome the problem and get the win.  ...Also, John McClane wouldn't throw a damn hissy fit if he lost in a VIDEO GAME.  So, stop playing if you're not having fun and your feelings are getting so badly hurt. "
    That's a pretty great way of putting it. Bravo, sir.
    haoshiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By haoshiro
    @Cataphract1014: Perfect.  It probably was the map, lol.  Screwed up how fast he could get to you.  A great example of someone not adjusting their strategy... like someone trying a 6pool on a Novice map, haha.
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Haoshiro said:

" @Cataphract1014: Perfect.  It probably was the map, lol.  Screwed up how fast he could get to you.  A great example of someone not adjusting their strategy... like someone trying a 6pool on a Novice map, haha. "

It wasn't on a novice map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l0ryzpyf15kdt4n
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheFreeMan
    @SquirrelGOD said:
    This is the best post in this blog.
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By mazik765
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Bucketdeth: Okay this is hard to understand sometimes I know but bare with me, just because you won a game dosn't mean you are better than the other player. Beat someone in a first to 5 and then they won't have anything to say.  Also, from the sounds of it....are you 6 pooling? if so stop that shit right now you are not good at all if that is how you get your wins.  There was a guy Orb (hes a "pro SC2 player) he seemed to be getting a lot of exposer during the beta and one of my fav things he would always say is that a good player will always push for a heavy micro/macro game not an early on rush. Why don't you start playing legit then make a thread about how awesome you are. "
    Uh oh! Someone isn't good enough to defend against zerg rush and so he flames people on the interweb! SRS BSNS indeed!
    Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Worthy

It should not be hard to builblock against it, Its damn well standard that a zerg will 9/10 times try to zergling rush you at the start to harass your peons.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Supermarius
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Supermarius said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Icemael: @Hailinel:  It takes 0 skill to win with a 6 pool zerg rush. But it takes a fair amount of preparation to defend against it and a crazy early scout (which in Silver league no one will do)  "
    You didn't answer my question.  You're saying it's okay to insult the winner when he defeats you using supposedly lesser tactics? "
    I'm saying if he wins with a 6 pool Zerg rush in Silver  league yea hes a fuckin scrub. "
    And if he beats your ass into the ground, what does that say about you? "
    It's kind of funny how RTS games don't apparently have an equivalent to the Sirlin article, "Playing to win".  All the RTS players claiming that winning with a zerg rush is cheap and not real skill, would be deemed "bitches" in the fighting game community.  If there is a strategy that leads to winning, you have to use it.  It's not cheap, you just have to learn how to counter/prepare for it and if you don't then you deserve to lose.  The concept of a cheap strategy is generally an illusion; a mental crutch that mediocre players use to rationalize their own losses. "
    Do you even play Starcraft 2? 6 pool literally doesn't require any skill I'm not exaggerating at all . You make a spawning pool as fast as you can and then throw zerglings at them. The pool is so early that on some maps the other dude would have no way of scouting in time.   If you win with a 6 pool zergling rush you are not the better player, you do not have the better macro, you do not have the better micro you did a cheap ass tactic that only trolls use and then think you're good or wonder why people are calling you out.  Actually that's a good way to put it, Zerg 6 pool rush is just like trolling in Starcraft 2 sure it's "easy" to counter but chances are the other dude is gonna be so pissed off that you did it he will just quit. "
    whoever wins is the better player. End of story. You do what it takes to win no matter how cheap the opponent thinks that is. Noone cares if your strategy was deeper and more nuanced or better on paper. If you lose then the zerg rusher is the better player. If the outcome of the match doesn't dictate who is better then why even bother playing?
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @mazik765: What are you talking about bro, I don't have a problem beating a zerg rush because I'll scout it and take my free win. I'm saying if thats all you do to win and then you think you are good/ wonder why you are getting yelled at you're a moron. 6 pooling isn't hard, it takes 0 skill and 0 coordination to do. And against high level players it won't work ever. 

But you need to remember the OP is in Silver League aka the Scrub League, so doing this sort of cheese will probably get you a free win every time. I'm in Platinum league so I'm not sure how good Silver league but I'm guessing there all terrible. 

At the end of the day if you consider 6 pool a viable tactic that you can use to win thats fine I have no problem with that. What bugs me is when someone 6 pools Wins and thinks they are good. If you win with a 6 pool you are not Good, you are not the better player, you're a troll thats it.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Supermarius said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Supermarius said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Icemael: @Hailinel:  It takes 0 skill to win with a 6 pool zerg rush. But it takes a fair amount of preparation to defend against it and a crazy early scout (which in Silver league no one will do)  "
    You didn't answer my question.  You're saying it's okay to insult the winner when he defeats you using supposedly lesser tactics? "
    I'm saying if he wins with a 6 pool Zerg rush in Silver  league yea hes a fuckin scrub. "
    It's kind of funny how RTS games don't apparently have an equivalent to the Sirlin article, "Playing to win".  All the RTS players claiming that winning with a zerg rush is cheap and not real skill, would be deemed "bitches" in the fighting game community.  If there is a strategy that leads to winning, you have to use it.  It's not cheap, you just have to learn how to counter/prepare for it and if you don't then you deserve to lose.  The concept of a cheap strategy is generally an illusion; a mental crutch that mediocre players use to rationalize their own losses. "
    Do you even play Starcraft 2? 6 pool literally doesn't require any skill I'm not exaggerating at all . You make a spawning pool as fast as you can and then throw zerglings at them. The pool is so early that on some maps the other dude would have no way of scouting in time.   If you win with a 6 pool zergling rush you are not the better player, you do not have the better macro, you do not have the better micro you did a cheap ass tactic that only trolls use and then think you're good or wonder why people are calling you out.  Actually that's a good way to put it, Zerg 6 pool rush is just like trolling in Starcraft 2 sure it's "easy" to counter but chances are the other dude is gonna be so pissed off that you did it he will just quit. "
    whoever wins is the better player. End of story. You do what it takes to win no matter how cheap the opponent thinks that is. Noone cares if your strategy was deeper and more nuanced or better on paper. If you lose then the zerg rusher is the better player. If the outcome of the match doesn't dictate who is better then why even bother playing? "
    I'm fine with doing what ever it takes to win, I play Blanka in SSF4 so I know a think or two about being cheap and playing to win. But theres a huge difference in Winning and being the better player. I'd love to see someone who 6 pool Zerg rushes all the time play someone in a first to 5. He would get 1 win maybe 2 then he would get crushed because the other player would adjust and be ready for the mast troll. 

Winning one Match with a 6 pool does not mean you are the better player, it's as simple as that. If he beats the same guy 5 times in a row with a 6 pool than yea hes better. But you can never tell who's the better player of one match. 

It's like the youtube videos of Diago losing to Dan on XBL in SSF4 I can guarantee that Diago would not lose to that guy again if they played in a best 2 outta 3 (aka tournament formate) That's why in Starcraft 2 they always play First to 5 or 3 so that the BEST player will win not the guy who only gets wins of a few cheap tricks. Having strong fundamentals are what proves the stronger player and the only way to see that shine is by having a best 2 outta 3 or a first to 5. Nothing else will suffice. 

Also, mad.
    Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Supermarius
    @Jeffsekai said:
    I'm fine with doing what ever it takes to win, I play Blanka in SSF4 so I know a think or two about being cheap and playing to win. But theres a huge difference in Winning and being the better player. I'd love to see someone who 6 pool Zerg rushes all the time play someone in a first to 5. He would get 1 win maybe 2 then he would get crushed because the other player would adjust and be ready for the mast troll.  Winning one Match with a 6 pool does not mean you are the better player, it's as simple as that. If he beats the same guy 5 times in a row with a 6 pool than yea hes better. But you can never tell who's the better player of one match.   It's like the youtube videos of Diago losing to Dan on XBL in SSF4 I can guarantee that Diago would not lose to that guy again if they played in a best 2 outta 3 (aka tournament formate) That's why in Starcraft 2 they always play First to 5 or 3 so that the BEST player will win not the guy who only gets wins of a few cheap tricks. Having strong fundamentals are what proves the stronger player and the only way to see that shine is by having a best 2 outta 3 or a first to 5. Nothing else will suffice.   Also, mad. "
    Two-player competitive games allow for a person to win a match over another person by using a tricky strategy that is unexpected.  Winning through shenanigans is still winning and a truly good player should be able to adapt or respond to novel play. And really, at this point is a zerg rush that novel? If you dont prepare for a zerg rush when fighting zerg that seems like a mistake that your opponent would be silly NOT to take advantage of.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Supermarius said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    I'm fine with doing what ever it takes to win, I play Blanka in SSF4 so I know a think or two about being cheap and playing to win. But theres a huge difference in Winning and being the better player. I'd love to see someone who 6 pool Zerg rushes all the time play someone in a first to 5. He would get 1 win maybe 2 then he would get crushed because the other player would adjust and be ready for the mast troll.  Winning one Match with a 6 pool does not mean you are the better player, it's as simple as that. If he beats the same guy 5 times in a row with a 6 pool than yea hes better. But you can never tell who's the better player of one match.   It's like the youtube videos of Diago losing to Dan on XBL in SSF4 I can guarantee that Diago would not lose to that guy again if they played in a best 2 outta 3 (aka tournament formate) That's why in Starcraft 2 they always play First to 5 or 3 so that the BEST player will win not the guy who only gets wins of a few cheap tricks. Having strong fundamentals are what proves the stronger player and the only way to see that shine is by having a best 2 outta 3 or a first to 5. Nothing else will suffice.   Also, mad. "
    Two-player competitive games allow for a person to win a match over another person by using a tricky strategy that is unexpected.  Winning through shenanigans is still winning and a truly good player should be able to adapt or respond to novel play. And really, at this point is a zerg rush that novel? If you dont prepare for a zerg rush when fighting zerg that seems like a mistake that your opponent would be silly NOT to take advantage of. "
    If you prepare for a Zerg rush and they don't rush your fucked. 

It's clear with what you said you don't play the game so stfu. I'm done with you.
    ohno88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ohno88

Your not fucked if you prepare for a zerg rush and he doesn't rush... just rush back! I can't count how many times I beat a teching zerg with the first units you can get your hands on.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By haffy

Nice reply Jeff if someone doesn't agree with you, they're shit.

Playing randoms the same starting strategy can work because they don't know what to prepare for and have no history with you. The more you play someone and the less flexiable you are however, never using certain strategys just gives the other player more and more of an advantage in my opinion. By the way I'm completly new to Starcraft from launch but the theory of the game and how to react to other players is easy enough to grasp. But putting it in to practice and getting experiance and reaction time is hard for me so far.

Special_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Special_K
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    I think the greater point he's making is that it's a waste of your time abusing that strategy over and over in the early leagues because when you get higher it won't work anymore and you'll get crushed every time.
    jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By jorbear

I feel the same way. I've done some cheese strategies over the days, and while it may be cheap, I still win. And I'm pretty sure Blizzard made this game balanced and polished in every single way, so when you opponent complains, he just can't counter cheese with cheese.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Special_K said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    I think the greater point he's making is that it's a waste of your time abusing that strategy over and over in the early leagues because when you get higher it won't work anymore and you'll get crushed every time. "
    Yup. Nailed it.  

:)
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Haoshiro said:
    " Don't you all think Blizzard has tested this? 

If it was a really big problem, and 6pool was overpowered, can't they fix that by bumping the cost and build time of the pool? 

As Terran could you not build a rax and depot at your entrance, maybe even pump out a marine too, in the time it takes to 6pool and get those lings across the map?  I think this is why some call it a noob tactic, there is a substantial amount of luck involved that this works.  Esp on a map that has multiple spawn points. "
    6 Pool hasn't been viable since they made the spawning pool 200 minerals while every other race (Barracks and Warpgate) is like 150 only. With 50 minerals behind the count, the only people that would get rushed are people that doesn't even build tier one units and just tech instead.  The OP just said, he rushed, everybody else in the thread just assumed he did a 6 pool. 
    Thegerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Thegerman

Comming back to the main point of this 
    Cheese, is a tactic that is pretty much all in. you screw your macro in order to get fast units... 
    Therefor 6 pool = cheese 
    Noone can disagree with that. I didnt say its unstoppable 
    I myself play Zerg and i always go 12-14 pool. with extractor and Expansion close by.
    Also if you always zerg rush and win, then yes indeed, you are a noob, because you apperently don't know any better. 
    Learn how to play properly because cheese won't bring you far in gold league +. 
    although it may even work there on some people. 

Also People who only play Cheese take the fun from so many people... just stop it, play properly, and take a lose if you lose. you will be much better player in the longer run.

Fenrisulfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Fenrisulfr

Six pool and two proxy gateway do nothing to me, and I'm in the Silver League as Protoss, switching from Terran. 

Six Pool is super easy to defend against, as Terran, it was 8 SCVs with double depots and barracks at my ramp, with a Marine on the way as soon as the Barracks finished.  What are you going to do to me with an SCV or two repairing stuff and a Marine gunning them down with more stuff being built behind the wall?  As Protoss, it really doesn't work when I have two Zealots at my ramp with a stalker behind them.  Once again, what are six lings going to do to that when they can't even all hit the front zealots at once?  Nothing happens.  Then I have a huge lead after you've wasted 150 ore and that many drones that early on. 

As for the two proxy gate stuff, I took it down with 3 SCVs and a single Marine.  Just watch your ramp and hope you can kill the probe and pylon quickly. 

After those rushes, play the game as normal while enjoying your lead at the time.  Take that advantage to expand earlier. 

EDIT:  I did forget to mention the Reaper rushes.  How do I, as a Protoss player, best defend against those?  They get to my base right before my Stalkers are able to get out and are able to pick off my Probes and demolish my zealot(s).  The build is usually 10 Gate-Core right when Gate finishes-Assimilator.  I don't know how I can get them up any faster, even with Chrono Boost.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#80  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Jeffsekai: Well said.  Makes me wish I had said it first.
    s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Bayne
    Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#83  Edited By Dragon_Puncher

Welcome to the Internet. Verbal abuse without any base in reality can and will occur. Have a nice time.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#84  Edited By Sarumarine
    @SquirrelGOD said:
    Heh, this explanation is awesome. Now I will always remember the John McClane argument.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Donos

You know, in the last little while, I think I've gotten a better understanding of what makes people say L2P when losing, because I've been tempted a couple times.

Essentially, the best players don't practice a single strategy, they adapt. Player like me who want to improve try to learn to adapt as well. However, this sucks at first because people who don't adapt, who would lose at higher levels of play and deservedly so, can win against people like me because they've been able to focus all their time on practicing the  execution of just one strategy.

Another way, these players being told L2P would most likely lose a rematch, when they tried to use their one strategy again. The fact that this rematch doesn't count is incredibly frustrating.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#86  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Bayne said: I have a reply for you but I'm not entirely sure what side you're on.  Are you calling the people who are 6 pooling scrubs or Jeffsekai and those who agree with him scrubs?
    AsianSwagger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By AsianSwagger

I actually experienced this in my last match. My opponent claimed that I Zealot rushed whenever I didn't even attack him until 6-8 minutes into the game.  He complained the entire game that I was rushing whenever he was simply turtling throughout the game and building barracks and marines. Easy win.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#88  Edited By hexogen

Short of exploiting a glitch, do whatever it takes to win. If people get mad at you that just makes the win sweeter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sarumarine said:
    " @SquirrelGOD said:
    Heh, this explanation is awesome. Now I will always remember the John McClane argument. "
    This x1,000,000.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Bayne said:
    " I'm just gonna chuck these two links here.  
    http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/     
    http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html  The second link sums up a lot of the people here. I play to win and i do what it takes. I don't play starcraft but this discussion applies to all multi player games. That's why I thought this was appropriate. Read it. Then you might stop complaining. "
    I've read that stuff for my Street Fighter game. I do anything it takes to win I agree 100% on that, my problem is with people who think 6 pooling to victory means your good. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jeffsekai said:
    " @Bayne said:
    http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html  The second link sums up a lot of the people here. I play to win and i do what it takes. I don't play starcraft but this discussion applies to all multi player games. That's why I thought this was appropriate. Read it. Then you might stop complaining. "
    I've read that stuff for my Street Fighter game. I do anything it takes to win I agree 100% on that, my problem is with people who think 6 pooling to victory means your good.  "
    Sure doesn't mean your worse, and I don't 6 pool but if I do get rushed with one I know that player has defeated me fair and square.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#92  Edited By Yummylee

Yippee Ki Rush motherfucker.
     Yippee Ki Rush motherfucker.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Bayne said:
    I've read that stuff for my Street Fighter game. I do anything it takes to win I agree 100% on that, my problem is with people who think 6 pooling to victory means your good.  "
    Sure doesn't mean your worse, and I don't 6 pool but if I do get rushed with one I know that player has defeated me fair and square. "
    Well since you don;t 6 pool I'm done with this thread.  

k bai
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#94  Edited By Geno

Not in Starcraft II, but certainly in DoW2. It's just the internet, any drop dead moron can say anything they want with next to no consequences. If a player's truly upset that they lost and believes that their skill is not in question, then they should blame game balance and not the other player who won. 

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#95  Edited By apathylad

Learn to play Noob, because he's awesome!
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#96  Edited By Yummylee
    @Apathylad said:
    "
    "
    Looks like one of those Crackdown Agents. Or rather those Crackdown Agents looks like Noob.
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Illmatic

I got a similar message after my first successful rush as zerg during a 1v1 match. The guy proclaimed zerg to be an instant win class while I'm finding it as one of the hardest races I've ever tried to master in an RTS. I'm actually not very good, which makes such comments ironically true while my few zerglings devestate their base. Why yes, I am a noob and I am trying to learn how to play. Thank you for noticing. 

On the other hand, during 3v3 (my other mode of choice) I've been wrongfully placed in the Gold tier and my lacking skills are sorely out in the open in every match I play. What's worse, I often find my team winning anyway by me hanging onto the coat tails of my allies. It's hilairious to see just a handfull of mutalisks and hydralisks trailing behind a sea of Thors and Vikings grasping for scraps. I don't know if I'll ever be ranked down to my appropriate league at this rate.

Stilblad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Stilblad

My feelings on the matter are that both people in that scenario need to learn to play properly.  First off cheesing with a 6-pool is a lame tactic that will lose almost all the time against a skillful player, so yeah you need to learn a better tactic.  Secondly the other player obviously needs to learn to anticipate a 6-pool in the lower tiers whenever playing zerg and just instinctively wall off.  Like I said at the beginning both need to learn to play at a higher skill level.

WholeFunShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#99  Edited By WholeFunShow
    @Bucketdeth: Might I suggest the response QQ? It may well confuse and infuriate such a punk.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#100  Edited By Hailinel
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Supermarius said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    Two-player competitive games allow for a person to win a match over another person by using a tricky strategy that is unexpected.  Winning through shenanigans is still winning and a truly good player should be able to adapt or respond to novel play. And really, at this point is a zerg rush that novel? If you dont prepare for a zerg rush when fighting zerg that seems like a mistake that your opponent would be silly NOT to take advantage of. "
    If you prepare for a Zerg rush and they don't rush your fucked.  It's clear with what you said you don't play the game so stfu. I'm done with you. "
    Could you possibly be a little more of an elitist jackass?  If they use beginner tactics and beat you with them no matter how skilled you are or perceive yourself to be, that doesn't give you an excuse to be a sore loser and insult the winner.  Give them tips on how to improve and beat your ass even harder next time.  Don't throw a fit in text form and send it via PM.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.