Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

SC2 $60 for digital copy

• 65 results
    sofakingcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By sofakingcool

So I went to buy SC2 from Blizzard's online store this morning. Shocked to see that I had missed the fact that even the digital licence is $60. I never had a doubt I would buy this game but I am now wondering if this sets a bad precedent. I'm thinking about waiting or perhaps not ever "buying" SC2 just because of Activision/Blizzard's money grubbing attempts here. Does this make me crazy? Is anyone else angry about this? 

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Th3_James

In the store I bought it from this morning it was $59.99 Canadian, I got my friends discount so ended up paying $57.50 with taxes, but still...That's cheaper than most new console game releases, and it's pretty fucking good. $60 for a digital licence is perfectly reasonable to me.  

It's only a few hours of work for the countless hours of entertainment I will get from this game, so for me it's very cheap entertainment. Still, I wish this game were for sale on steam, and not blizzards battle.net

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

uh, digital copies are usually same price as retail games on release.  Don't know why this is suprising.

sofakingcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sofakingcool

your not getting my point, PC games are $50, thats just how it is. Why is every one so willing to allow this to happen? Soon all PC games will be $60 if this works out for Blizzard.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FateOfNever
    @sofakingcool said:

" your not getting my point, PC games are $50, thats just how it is. Why is every one so willing to allow this to happen? Soon all PC games will be $60 if this works out for Blizzard. "

And there was a time when "console games are just 50$, that's how it is." and their price was increased to 60.  Heck, there was a time when console games had erratic pricing and fresh off the shelf you could be charged like 70$ or more for a single game while some other games could be sitting at 50$ or 60$.   

What I find funny here is that you are eluding to the idea of trying to pirate the game because of "their money grubbing" - if they're money grubbers for charging 10$ more than what you feel the game should be, then what does that make you for wanting to steal the game just because they want to make a profit off of the game?  I mean, it's not like they're asking 100$ for the base game or anything (though the CE is 100$)  Times change and video games become more and more expensive to make and some games on the PC are priced differently than others.  I mean, you say "pc games are 50$ and that's just how it is." but I'm willing to bet you that I could go on Steam right now and find a wide array of prices for PC games, from 5$ all the way up to 60$ and varying numbers in between.  Your argument holds no water and you're just trying to justify the idea of wanting to steal a game.
    mtosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mtosh

PC games have been joining the $60 trend for over a year, where have you been?

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Th3_James
    @sofakingcool said:
    " your not getting my point, PC games are $50, thats just how it is. Why is every one so willing to allow this to happen? Soon all PC games will be $60 if this works out for Blizzard. "
    They are blizzard, they set the price they want for their products. Even if you and some other people boycott them because of this, there will be millions of people who don't care about the $10 difference and purchase the game anyways. Resistance is futile. 
    andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By andrela

Its 60 euro. which is roughly $77. You're grand

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Marz
    @sofakingcool:  pc games are 60$ now bro, ubisoft, activision-blizzard and EA are all selling their new games for 60$
    Avatar image for jediknight00719
    jediknight00719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By jediknight00719
    @FateOfNever said:
    " @sofakingcool said:

And there was a time when "console games are just 50$, that's how it is." and their price was increased to 60.  Heck, there was a time when console games had erratic pricing and fresh off the shelf you could be charged like 70$ or more for a single game while some other games could be sitting at 50$ or 60$.   

What I find funny here is that you are eluding to the idea of trying to pirate the game because of "their money grubbing" - if they're money grubbers for charging 10$ more than what you feel the game should be, then what does that make you for wanting to steal the game just because they want to make a profit off of the game?  I mean, it's not like they're asking 100$ for the base game or anything (though the CE is 100$)  Times change and video games become more and more expensive to make and some games on the PC are priced differently than others.  I mean, you say "pc games are 50$ and that's just how it is." but I'm willing to bet you that I could go on Steam right now and find a wide array of prices for PC games, from 5$ all the way up to 60$ and varying numbers in between.  Your argument holds no water and you're just trying to justify the idea of wanting to steal a game. "
     I think FateOfNever said it perfectly.  If you think you won't enjoy the game for $60 bucks, don't get it and wait till it comes down in price (wonder when that will happen).  Games are costing more and more to make and i'm assuming PC didn't make the jump from 50 to 60 so quickly since there is no fee it needs to give to microsoft/sony/nintendo (i think...correct me if i'm wrong).   

Also why don't you try to get it at a store i think kmart is selling it for $60 with a $20 gift card.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous

Oh hey, it's this thread again.

Guess what price Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 were when they were released 8 and 10 years ago, respectively?

That's right, they were $60. This is absolutely nothing new for Blizzard, and has absolutely nothing to do with Activision.

Also, I can only think of three, maybe four PC games that have started at $60 in the past year. Where is everyone getting "that's what PC games go for nowadays" from?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

It would make sense to me for Blizzard to charge quite a bit less for the digital version of the game, since those sales are essentially pure profit minus the trivial bandwidth cost. Remember that there are packaging, distribution, and wholesale discounts that all cost Blizzard money. Of course, no one knows what these numbers are, but something tells me that Blizz could sell the digital version of Starcraft 2 for $50 or even $40 and still make more profit per copy than the $60 retail boxed SKU.

Of course, no publisher wants to set that sort of precedent because they're all looking forward to the quickly approaching day when all games will be only sold digitally. They have to price them the same as the retail versions now to get consumers used to the idea of paying "full" price for digitally distributed games.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By goodwood

With the amount of time and money blizzard puts into battle.net I have no problem paying that so called 10 extra dollars. Didnt Activision say last week that SC2 has cost over 100 million dollars so far?

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By belaraphon

oh boy!  the PC game price vs the rest of the world argument. just pay your money and enjoy the ride.

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ArcLyte

software licenses aren't cheap.

Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rehehelly

I paid £35/$54. Ha.

It's Blizzard, their games have pretty much always been around £35/£40 new even the really old ones. Heck, I remember when PSX games were around £40 new. 

Quit your whining, games aren't cheap to make.

viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By viney212
    @MB said:

" It would make sense to me for Blizzard to charge quite a bit less for the digital version of the game, since those sales are essentially pure profit minus the trivial bandwidth cost. Remember that there are packaging, distribution, and wholesale discounts that all cost Blizzard money. Of course, no one knows what these numbers are, but something tells me that Blizz could sell the digital version of Starcraft 2 for $50 or even $40 and still make more profit per copy than the $60 retail boxed SKU.

Of course, no publisher wants to set that sort of precedent because they're all looking forward to the quickly approaching day when all games will be only sold digitally. They have to price them the same as the retail versions now to get consumers used to the idea of paying "full" price for digitally distributed games. "

I don't think they're setting up a precedent as much as even Activision/Blizzard doesn't have the balls to undercut their retail partners right out of the gate on release day.  They'd for sure steal some profit, but I think Walmart and friends still hold a little sway yet.  Especially on Triple-A releases like this. 

I think you're right about increased profits from digital sales with decreased prices.  Valves proven that plenty of times now.  But for a new release, until games are sold 100% digital only (or retail is irrelevant in sales equation) , it's going to be the same as the retail price.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By TheHBK
    @sofakingcool said:
    "your not getting my point, PC games are $50, thats just how it is. Why is every one so willing to allow this to happen? Soon all PC games will be $60 if this works out for Blizzard. "

PC games were 50 bucks 15 years ago.  Think about that.  Gas used to be 99 cents a gallon 15 years ago.  Console games went to 60 bucks 5 years ago.  So by all accounts, with development costs way up, you should feel fucking lucky that you only have to pay 60 bucks for a big release.  By my estimates, if you paid 50 bucks for the first Starcraft, you should really be paying 70 bucks for it now.
    so, to quote the Terminator, Chill out... dickwad. 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Jimbo

They really should start incentivizing direct digital distribution by making it 5 or 10 bucks less.  What the fuck are the retailers going to do about it?  Not sell Starcraft 2?  Come on, that ain't gonna happen.

viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By viney212
    @TheHBK:  

While I agree that we should be grateful inflation hasn't had a very big impact on game prices, comparing video games to a natural resource really is comparing apples to oranges. 

But you're right.  Look at movie ticket prices over the last 15 years.  It's pretty much doubled, or more.  Game prices have hardly changed at all compared to that.  I even remember paying $60-$70 for some Super Nintendo releases.
    JackPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JackPack

I hope Blizzard is at least gratefull to all you fanboys,  who are going to defend  their games no matter what. Look at some newly released games or even some upcoming games. Notice anything strange? Yep, they're 50$. What exactly makes Starcraft II so deserving of a 60$ price tag? No LAN? Same 3 races? Lack of any real innovations? New BattleNet (yeah, I guess Blizzard finally realized that voice chat should be part of their games). The only thing sofakingcool did was lament a bit about the price, but all the fanboys took it very personal. Chill people, and face the facts: there isn't any serios reason why this is 60$. This price tag is just another negative in a very long list. Next up, maybe you'll have to pay to play on BattleNet. ;)

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @Th3_James said:
    " In the store I bought it from this morning it was $59.99 Canadian, I got my friends discount so ended up paying $57.50 with taxes, but still...That's cheaper than most new console game releases, and it's pretty fucking good. $60 for a digital licence is perfectly reasonable to me.   It's only a few hours of work for the countless hours of entertainment I will get from this game, so for me it's very cheap entertainment. Still, I wish this game were for sale on steam, and not blizzards battle.net "
    What "friends discount" are you talking about?
    gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gearhead

Activision are dicks. No real surprise here.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ectoplasma

Like some people metioned ist 60e in the eu. I wouldn't have bought it for that money. But lot's of retailers have it for 40e. I bought it for 39 in store today. Its for 39 on German amazon and its 34 pounds on UK amazon. I guess they will have it for less than 60$ in some retailer in the us, too?
    Edit: Btw. Blizzard charge ridiculous amounts for their online store licenses in general.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Brake

Yeah, I wasn't about to pay 59,99€ for SC2. I don't really care about the fact that it's a digital release, I just don't wanna pay that much for a game. Happily a local retailer was selling it for about 43€, so I got it from there instead. 

Also, looking through upcoming big releases on Steam, all of them are 49,99€. But then again, non of them is StarCraft, yo.

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sadisticham

There actually charging £45 in the UK on there store. It's only £30-35 in stores. So even though theres no licence to pay or any packaging they still see fit to charge £15 on top.

Anyone that pays that is nothing short of a mug even for a blizzard game.

captaincanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By captaincanada

Some games in Canada here are 69.99 so dont complain
    Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shabs
    @sofakingcool said:
    " So I went to buy SC2 from Blizzard's online store this morning. Shocked to see that I had missed the fact that even the digital licence is $60. I never had a doubt I would buy this game but I am now wondering if this sets a bad precedent. I'm thinking about waiting or perhaps not ever "buying" SC2 just because of Activision/Blizzard's money grubbing attempts here. Does this make me crazy? Is anyone else angry about this?  "
    I don't think we should be upset that the digital and box versions cost a different amount.  It's essentially the same product, and this precedent has been set. 

It's fair to be upset that the new price for Activision Blizzard PC games is $60, up from $50.  It's B.S., but they can get away with it on their big franchises.  I hate that this is how that publisher does things, but it's just how it is. 

The only way we can complain is to refrain from purchasing their products if they're priced too high.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Branthog
    @sofakingcool said:
    " So I went to buy SC2 from Blizzard's online store this morning. Shocked to see that I had missed the fact that even the digital licence is $60. I never had a doubt I would buy this game but I am now wondering if this sets a bad precedent. I'm thinking about waiting or perhaps not ever "buying" SC2 just because of Activision/Blizzard's money grubbing attempts here. Does this make me crazy? Is anyone else angry about this?  "

As a PC-snob of twenty years who finally went almost full-console in the past three years, I didn't even notice the $60 price being unusual until you mentioned it. Can't believe that slipped by me. It does suck, but at the same time, Star Craft 2 at $60 is a far better value than most PC games at $40. That said, it doesn't bode well. Maybe the way people will justify continuing to make games for the PC will be to raise the price to a hundred bucks.

That said, Star Craft hasn't set this precedent. Modern Warfare 2 did (at least, that's the first I recall and I may be missing an even earlier one).
    TZVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TZVI

60$ for PC if money grubbing in my opinion and here is my reasoning. Console makers get a cut for each unit sold example: Modern Warfare 2 makes a sale on PS3 Sony gets a cut.Dell ,HP, ATI, Nvidia etc.  get nothing from a PC copy of Modern Warfare 2.No one get a fee because PC is a open platform. Inflation seems like bull too if console games are around 70$ then you can argue. Point of inflation is they should both move up not only PC. licensing fees make console games prices higher its that simple.The only reason you charge more for PC games is you want more money.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jadeskye
    @sofakingcool: i don't understand what the problem is. i've bought over £1000 worth of games on steam that is basically the same deal.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Spoonman671

This is not the first Blizzard game to be released at the $60 price-point.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fattony12000

I don't know where people are getting $60 from, I can have it delivered to my house for £29.74 including postage and VAT. That works out to about $46.16.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34  Edited By nukesniper

All in all, if Blizzard slights me out of $60 every 12 years for a Starcraft game, I think I'll be OK. I've waited a long time to play SC2, the $100 CE was a non-issue for me. 

I'd rather pay 100 bucks for a good game, than 10 for some crap. I know SC2 will get many times that amount in value out of me.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Th3_James
    @ISuperGamerI said:
    " @Th3_James said:
    " In the store I bought it from this morning it was $59.99 Canadian, I got my friends discount so ended up paying $57.50 with taxes, but still...That's cheaper than most new console game releases, and it's pretty fucking good. $60 for a digital licence is perfectly reasonable to me.   It's only a few hours of work for the countless hours of entertainment I will get from this game, so for me it's very cheap entertainment. Still, I wish this game were for sale on steam, and not blizzards battle.net "
    What "friends discount" are you talking about? "
    He works at the store, I was driving to pick up the game anyways, he offered to give me his employee discount. 
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#36  Edited By sjschmidt93
    @MB said:
    " It would make sense to me for Blizzard to charge quite a bit less for the digital version of the game, since those sales are essentially pure profit minus the trivial bandwidth cost. Remember that there are packaging, distribution, and wholesale discounts that all cost Blizzard money. Of course, no one knows what these numbers are, but something tells me that Blizz could sell the digital version of Starcraft 2 for $50 or even $40 and still make more profit per copy than the $60 retail boxed SKU.

Of course, no publisher wants to set that sort of precedent because they're all looking forward to the quickly approaching day when all games will be only sold digitally. They have to price them the same as the retail versions now to get consumers used to the idea of paying "full" price for digitally distributed games. "
    Yeah, but everyone says this about digital downloads. Steam doesn't do it, XBLA or PSN don't do it. Neither does B.net.
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @Th3_James said:
    " @ISuperGamerI said:
    " @Th3_James said:
    What "friends discount" are you talking about? "
    He works at the store, I was driving to pick up the game anyways, he offered to give me his employee discount.  "
    Rofl which Best Buy is this?
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#38  Edited By the8bitNacho

I can't remember a time when digital versions of a game were ever cheaper than their retail packaged counterparts. I paid $60 for the Collector's Edition though; Amazon games credit for pre-ordering various products is just awesome like that.

GrandpaJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GrandpaJelly

I never buy $60 PC games. Not to hard to do seeing as those games are mostly games I don't care about. I don't understand why digital versions of things aren't cheaper, even if it's by 50 cents.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Subjugation
    @JackPack said:
    " I hope Blizzard is at least gratefull to all you fanboys,  who are going to defend  their games no matter what. Look at some newly released games or even some upcoming games. Notice anything strange? Yep, they're 50$. What exactly makes Starcraft II so deserving of a 60$ price tag? No LAN? Same 3 races? Lack of any real innovations? New BattleNet (yeah, I guess Blizzard finally realized that voice chat should be part of their games). The only thing sofakingcool did was lament a bit about the price, but all the fanboys took it very personal. Chill people, and face the facts: there isn't any serios reason why this is 60$. This price tag is just another negative in a very long list. Next up, maybe you'll have to pay to play on BattleNet. ;) "
    Are you serious? Whether you can figure it out or not, SC2 is a triple A title. A game doesn't earn a huge following and continue to be played a decade+ after it's release by being a giant steaming pile. What is your master plan on what SC2 should be? I think it's brilliant the way it is. 

I do however agree that digital copies should be cheaper than retail boxes. They save money on packaging/shipping/ etc. If they pass part of that along then the market has a higher saturation point. More copies sold. More $$$.
    noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By noremnants

Blizzard games have been $60 for many many years now. They pump a shitload of time and money into each one of their games. They have every right to charge you whatever they want. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

This isn't EA or some Activision yearly game. The last time Blizzard released a full retail game was six years ago.

JackPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JackPack
    @weeman105:@weeman105 said:
    " @JackPack said:
    " I hope Blizzard is at least gratefull to all you fanboys,  who are going to defend  their games no matter what. Look at some newly released games or even some upcoming games. Notice anything strange? Yep, they're 50$. What exactly makes Starcraft II so deserving of a 60$ price tag? No LAN? Same 3 races? Lack of any real innovations? New BattleNet (yeah, I guess Blizzard finally realized that voice chat should be part of their games). The only thing sofakingcool did was lament a bit about the price, but all the fanboys took it very personal. Chill people, and face the facts: there isn't any serios reason why this is 60$. This price tag is just another negative in a very long list. Next up, maybe you'll have to pay to play on BattleNet. ;) "
    Are you serious? Whether you can figure it out or not, SC2 is a triple A title. A game doesn't earn a huge following and continue to be played a decade+ after it's release by being a giant steaming pile. What is your master plan on what SC2 should be? I think it's brilliant the way it is.  I do however agree that digital copies should be cheaper than retail boxes. They save money on packaging/shipping/ etc. If they pass part of that along then the market has a higher saturation point. More copies sold. More $$$. "
    I don't deny that Starcraft II is a AAA title for a second. I'm just saying Blizzard shouldn't get so coky, for a game that seems to have a little less features than the original (a breaktrough title for it's time and still  one of the finest RTS games ever, if not the best). After they dissapointed us by cutting the campaing in three (it's a long campaing, and you can use protoss and zerg units in conjuncton with your own units, but it would have been nice to see the story from multipl perspectives from the get-go, and not through add-ons) and limiting competition to local players, plus the above faults I mentioned, they  selll the game like it's on Xbox 360 or PS3, and people aren't even a bit bothered. I'm sure the game is worth it, and it will give players a bang for they're buck, but still that's no reason to think your special in an industry that has a lot of other talented people designing games. Blizzard is a great company, but it's not the only one. A little humlity might help!
    JackPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JackPack
    @Havox said:
    " Blizzard games have been $60 for many many years now. They pump a shitload of time and money into each one of their games. They have every right to charge you whatever they want. If you don't like it, don't buy it.  This isn't EA or some Activision yearly game. The last time Blizzard released a full retail game was six years ago. "
    A lot of other great companies invest time, effort and money in the games they make, and they don't need six years to produce them, nor do they charge more than the asking price of similar games. Not to mention that those games actually feel like sequels with substantial improvements, and they sometimes go beyond that and try to inovate. So, I should understand that Blizzard are a hard working bunch, the greatest company around, with the best and most innovative games, and the likes of Nintendo, Capcom, Firaxis, etc don't even compare. I guess those guys are just slakers. I mean, who does substantial changes in they're games? Resident Evil 4 and Civilization IV are wrong to be substantially different from the other games in the series. Also, when Nintendo lauched LoZ: Twilight Princess back in 2006, everybody got pretty vocal about the gameplay, saying it's more of the same. What a bunch of slakers! Only Blizzard is allowed to make more of the same gameplay, and getr critical acclamim. Go Blizzard! :))
    Rellix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rellix

Prices in the UK are interesting. Lets look at Steam first, most new games come in at either £29.99 or £35 for new releases. Online retailers will stock the same games for between £25-£29.99 normally because their warehouse (Play,gameplay.co.uk)  is on that island (Guernsey?) which is exempt from some form of tax which explains the discount. Amazon seems to price very erratic in the UK, sometimes you'll get a good deal, other times a terrible deal. Retail shops will normally sell for £35-£40 for new titles. In the UK it seems that retailers (for PC market anyway) seem to take the hit on new releases (well normally £5-£10 under the RRP). Although even 15 years ago these prices were near enough exactly the same, the only large difference being the introduction of online retailers doing discounts off the RRP.  Now what I don't get is how fast titles come down on price, Dawn of War 2 had gone from £35 in shops down to £10 from February to November, but other titles had stayed at £30. 

Still £45 is asking a bit much, considering that its near enough a 29% price rise from a  pessimistic price. This is especially true when retailers make nothing on games as it is but the digital download lines Actizards pockets. Still, I am going to end up picking it up, probably at £35 from an online retailer, I see no reason to buy a digital version with less worth for more money.

confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By confideration

What would I have with a boxed copy aside from a box and a DVD? Both of which are useless.

I'm paying $60 anyway - this way I am paying it to the game company that made the game I wanted. I'd rather support them in this purchasing endeavor than any number of retailers and distributors. 

Avatar image for creativecolossi
    CreativeColossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CreativeColossi

The boxed copy comes with a crappy note pad though! 

ADVANTAGE: RETAIL. :D

confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By confideration
    @CreativeColossi said:
    " The boxed copy comes with a crappy note pad though!   ADVANTAGE: RETAIL. :D "
    Heh, that's funny I didn't know that. Funny in that I saw my Blizzard notepad in my closet from when I purchased StarCraft like 10 years ago. 

I take it all back... damn you Blizzard I want another notepad
    LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By LegalBagel

Well, I went to buy my digital copy, had the website throw out a ton of errors and then attempt to charge my credit card 12 times for the game.  So I'm going to be fine once I get it reduced back down to just $60.

Avatar image for creativecolossi
    CreativeColossi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CreativeColossi
    @Deathpooky:  What're you on, Usenet? I never have difficulty buying online.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50  Edited By KaosAngel

In this thread, we find out gamers who either just started to play Blizzard games, or started to play on consoles and now are looking into PC games. 

Diablo II and Warcraft III were both $60, 10 years ago.  Both the BattleChests for both games on their digital store are the stock price of retail and they never discount.  For the love of god, stop complaining about it by making another thread.   Blizzard never discounts because people keep buying at that price, and their games sell...let alone have the longest legs for pretty much any other company (I guess Valve is up there too).   

Pro Tip - If you want to protest what Blizzard has been doing for 10 years, don't buy their games. 

Pro Tip 2 - Most long time Blizzard fans already locked down their Battle.net Real ID, and registered all older Blizzard games.  We can now freely re-download them with our correct serials at anytime for both PC and Mac, hell...I could do it a hundred times a day.  There's no DRM, it's all tied to your account so it's safe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.