EA games coming to Steam

#1 Posted by deaux (233 posts) -

EA will distribute a bunch of their top games through Steam, Destructoid has confirmed .  I think this is great news, as it means not having to use EA's terrible download service to get their games digitally.

#2 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Can't wait to download Dead Space 2,3,4,5 and the sixth, made by a developer everybody loves to hate.

#3 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

Sweet, it's about damn time.

#4 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

In this economy, Steam wins by default.

#5 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

Really good idea on their part. I hope they eventually put every one of their big games on Steam and don't leave any off, also maybe shutdown their own terrible store.

#6 Posted by Kloreep (139 posts) -
#7 Edited by KEITH1437 (276 posts) -

I believe Spore's DRM is gone as well. It now uses Steams DRM.

#8 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -

Finally came to their senses.

#9 Posted by DXSSI (266 posts) -

Sweet.  I've still never played Spore, and I really wanted to.  Wouldn't buy it on principle, wouldn't pirate it on principle, and didn't dare try the demo lest it turned out to be enjoyable thereby weakening my resolve.

#10 Posted by deaux (233 posts) -

DXSSI: This is good news for everyone, but you seem uniquely positioned to be glad.

#11 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

Yea this is really great news. I just bought Mass Effect and Spore both :)

#12 Posted by Lunarbunny (1025 posts) -

Dammit, I had insider information and I didn't even know it. I talked in person to Steve McClure last Saturday night and he said that EA was distributing on Steam like it was past tense...I hadn't checked but I thought they already were, so I didn't go hog wild over posting it. I do know something else cool, but he asked me not to spill anything about it.

Also, Steve is a cool person.

#13 Posted by desoda (112 posts) -
#14 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Epic win, pretty much the only criticism to Steam before was that it was missing EA's vast library, now that complaint is annulled and Steam's hawtness may proceed to rule.

#15 Posted by lionheart62 (4 posts) -

Sweet, not theyll make an EA Game pack with like $300 of games for $100 :)

#16 Posted by PapaLazarou (711 posts) -

No EU = major bummer for me I was going to buy Mass effect and The Witcher today on Steam but NA only :(

#17 Posted by DavidPalmer (343 posts) -

Finally trying to tap into that huge market for digitally distributed games. It's a good move on their part and a really interesting one too, eventually Steam is going ot be THE way to get games digitally. Heck, it pretty much is the standard now.

#18 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

very excited about this

#19 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6198 posts) -

I'm stoked!  If EA dips into their vast library, I'd jump for a chance to play Syndicate or a bajillion other games.

#20 Posted by Stevokenevo (573 posts) -

Anyone got any idea when this comes to the EU and/or UK?  I want me some spore and mass effect without getting out of this chair.

#21 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Great I guess. I stopped buying stuff on Steam when they started charging me in GBP (pounds stirling). When I was paying in Dollars I was saving a packet, so spent more! Even after VAT was added, it was a steal. Not any more.

Still Waaaaaaaaaay better than that stupid EA Download Manager crap.

#22 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -

O RLY?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.