Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 19, 2012

A reboot of the Steel Battalion series, bringing the series's complex cockpit control mechanics to the Xbox 360 using a combination of both the standard Xbox 360 controller and the Kinect's motion controls.

The reviews are in for Steel Battalion. 1/10 and 3/10. Nice.

• 68 results
    SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SmilingPig

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hailinel said:

@SmilingPig

@fRAWRst said:

@SmilingPig said:

I love the Gamespot quote on the back of the box, it really shows just how much Gamespot changed and would never accept money to pretend that an awful game is good.

You realize that critics do not get paid for having their quotes used? Even the giantbomb guys have admitted to stuff they say in public form being used on ads or w.e, hell ryan said he had a quote about DK for the wii end up in a manual.

Its pretty clear that the quote came from the preview event, where patrick and them seemed super psyched.

Dont be such a jerk.

Than they should petition to remove there quote from that box, I can’t be the only one who thinks that they get paid for that.

That's not the way it works.

Like, at all.

So would someone be kind enough to explain how it works please?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By TheHBK

What the fuck happened? The guys here hyped it up so much and were saying this might be the game that actually makes Kinect work well with a more conventional game. This is gonna win biggest disappointment.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By iamjohn

@SmilingPig said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hailinel said:

@SmilingPig

@fRAWRst said:

@SmilingPig said:

I love the Gamespot quote on the back of the box, it really shows just how much Gamespot changed and would never accept money to pretend that an awful game is good.

You realize that critics do not get paid for having their quotes used? Even the giantbomb guys have admitted to stuff they say in public form being used on ads or w.e, hell ryan said he had a quote about DK for the wii end up in a manual.

Its pretty clear that the quote came from the preview event, where patrick and them seemed super psyched.

Dont be such a jerk.

Than they should petition to remove there quote from that box, I can’t be the only one who thinks that they get paid for that.

Like, at all.

It works almost exactly like people have already said it does. Someone says something about the game; the publisher decides to use it as a box quote with attribution. The person who's being quoted doesn't have a choice in the matter.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SmilingPig

@iAmJohn said:

@SmilingPig said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hailinel said:

@SmilingPig

@fRAWRst said:

@SmilingPig said:

Dont be such a jerk.

Like, at all.

It works almost exactly like people have already said it does. Someone says something about the game; the publisher decides to use it as a box quote with attribution. The person who's being quoted doesn't have a choice in the matter.

I have a hard time believing that no written agreement would be signed. But thanks for the info.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#55  Edited By Hailinel
    @SmilingPig

@iAmJohn said:

@SmilingPig said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hailinel said:

@SmilingPig

@fRAWRst said:

@SmilingPig said:

Dont be such a jerk.

Like, at all.

I have a hard time believing that no written agreement would be signed. But thanks for the info.

They don't need to sign an agreement to reference a publicly accessible quote.
    Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Levius

One day I hope that they release a standard controller version of the game, because I really do like the aesthetic. Oh well, Ring of Red is still the best WWII style mech game ever.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By iamjohn

@SmilingPig said:

@iAmJohn said:

@SmilingPig said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hailinel said:

@SmilingPig

@fRAWRst said:

@SmilingPig said:

Dont be such a jerk.

Like, at all.

The quote is in the public record; it is a statement someone made about the game at some point and can be easily accessed by anyone who wants to go out of their way to find it. There's absolutely no legal reason for Capcom to sign an agreement with Gamespot or anyone else to take a quote because they're allowed to quote from whomever and wherever they want. What is Gamespot going to argue? That the quote is from a preview so it's outdated and not reflective of the final product so they can't use it? Capcom's argument would just be: "Well you said it."

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jack268

The people who wrote the blazing reviews they showed in the trailer must be ashamed. 

Also the grafics are ass.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By theveej

@SmilingPig said:

@iAmJohn said:

@SmilingPig said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hailinel said:

@SmilingPig

@fRAWRst said:

@SmilingPig said:

Dont be such a jerk.

Like, at all.

that's what the quotation are for bro. It's called citing, if a quote a dude in my paper as long as I cite it I don't need an agreement with said person.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Poppduder

Holy shit, I was about to put money down on this AND a kinetic later today. Boy am I glad I waited til after work. So much for the one game that was going to get me into the hardware.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By Commisar123

too bad, I really really wanted this game to be awesome

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I really want to play this myself, because watching people play it just makes me think they're retarded.

Hopefully it is actually terrible.

Thumbrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Thumbrunner

In the video referenced dude is wearing all black on a black couch with pillows stuffed all around him and a table in front of his legs so I can't really blame the kinect for his failure. By now every developer should already be well aware of the limitations and problems in detail mechanics with the kinect and effectively work around it, likewise anyone owning a kinect should know the limitations of it in your space and play accordingly. Not making excuses for the crazy tech that is kinect but know what it needs to work properly and give it a fair chance don't just throw it under the bus like the video guy.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#64  Edited By Driadon

Well I bought it today, regardless of reviews since I enjoyed the demo. Here's hoping for a better game than people are saying.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By EXTomar

@Thumbrunner said:

In the video referenced dude is wearing all black on a black couch with pillows stuffed all around him and a table in front of his legs so I can't really blame the kinect for his failure. By now every developer should already be well aware of the limitations and problems in detail mechanics with the kinect and effectively work around it, likewise anyone owning a kinect should know the limitations of it in your space and play accordingly. Not making excuses for the crazy tech that is kinect but know what it needs to work properly and give it a fair chance don't just throw it under the bus like the video guy.

Wait wait, it is the player's fault for having the wrong living room furniture and wearing the wrong clothes?

tandp74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By tandp74

After watching the quick look, this game looks atrocious.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#67  Edited By monkeyking1969

@EXTomar said:

@Thumbrunner said:

Wait wait, it is the player's fault for having the wrong living room furniture and wearing the wrong clothes?

Didn't you get the Microsoft memo? EVERYONE who uses a Kinect needs to use a Thneed made from "Truffula trees." A Thneed is something everyone needs...

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Nettacki
    @EXTomar said:

@Thumbrunner said:

Well, YEAH! I mean, come on isn't there anything else for you to wear? And why not do things on a chair or something instead of a black sofa?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.