Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Haha, OWNED

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium

Ok so you know how SFIV is coming to the iPhone? 

Well I was listening to the bombcast and they were talking about how Wii only owners were pissed that CAPCOM said 15 times that they don't want to downgrade it on the Wii, but they are willing to do it for the iPhone. 

LMFAO, but if you really want a good experience, get an HD console anyways.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By napalm

Cool story, bro.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpecialBuddy

This doesnt need its own thread. You should of posted this in the topic about the Iphone version in the first place.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By JJOR64

This is what I think:

If people buy the iPhone version and like it, they will most likely end up getting Super Street Fighter IV when it comes out and Capcom will make money that way.  That's what I'm thinking of what Capcom is trying to do.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

Oh look this thread. Get fucked, honestly. What's the need in this shit?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By demontium
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " This doesnt need its own thread. You should of posted this in the topic about the Iphone version in the first place. "
    Oh, didn't see that... sorry. 

@JJOR64 said:
    " This is what I think:  If people buy the iPhone version and like it, they will most likely end up getting Super Street Fighter IV when it comes out and Capcom will make money that way.  That's what I'm thinking of what Capcom is trying to do. "
    Hopefully (although I would never buy a game like SFIV on Wii) they just port over SSFIV
    Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Necrotrophic

Ono said they would be willing to put it on the Wii if they thought it would make money. Tatsunoko is going to test the waters I think.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @demontium: NP. Just trying to keep the forums organized. Just look and listen. ;p
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Romination
    @Necrotrophic said:
    " Ono said they would be willing to put it on the Wii if they thought it would make money. Tatsunoko is going to test the waters I think. "
    Tatsunoko is testing the water for a few things, really. Too bad it's not going to do nearly what it should. (anyone have any sales figures out there? you can just pm me)
    Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dirty_Harry

This is all true, was just listening to the bombcast.

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Necrotrophic
    @Romination said:
    " @Necrotrophic said:
    " Ono said they would be willing to put it on the Wii if they thought it would make money. Tatsunoko is going to test the waters I think. "
    Tatsunoko is testing the water for a few things, really. Too bad it's not going to do nearly what it should. (anyone have any sales figures out there? you can just pm me) "

Indeed. Tatsu is  going to prove why Wii owners dont get anything, and dont deserve anything.

The only way Street Fighter anything will sell well on a Nintendo platform is to have Mario on the cover. 

If Tatsu sells well though, Super SF4 will prolly come out for Wii.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By demontium
    @Romination said:
    " @Necrotrophic said:
    Tatsunoko is testing the water for a few things, really. Too bad it's not going to do nearly what it should. (anyone have any sales figures out there? you can just pm me) "
    Tatsunoko is selling horrible. 

Too bad I love it.
    neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By neoepoch

Here is my question. Why would you want to play it on a system who's A) visuals would leave it less than desirable, and B) has a near unusuable online system. I mean look at the online on the consoles which have SFIV now. I'm pretty sure when it came out it was damn near broken, with the bad matchups, droppers, and no blind character select pick. Granted now things may be different; I don't know because I haven't played it in a while, but I doubt the Wii version's online will work "as well".

Also iPhone version is dumb. I'm not going to give it the benefit of the doubt. What I'm going to quarter circle with the touch screen or am I going to tilt the damn thing. "I can use charge attacks, if I tilt the iPhone in one direction and move it quickly to the next. Isn't that great?" If I have to tilt the screen that I'm looking at, put my fingers all over the screen, or if they have to show a little d-pad and 6 buttons, they have failed. DUMB

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iphone version is the dumbest shit ever 
    nuff said 

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@neoepoch: Its still exactly the same. SF4 has one of the worst netcodes I think I've ever seen. Though, of course, it doesn't help that my phoneline is minced/
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By lordofultima

I just took a poop while reading this thread. locked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.